The Crossfire Question.

Hi all, i know this question has been discussed before but i just cant find any direct answer from any of the producers of ED. I have a 5870 and will be ordering a 5970 to put this two on crossfire ( or triple crossfire since its 3 gpu's). I know the game DCS A-10 is not yet optimized and does not use crossfire but the question still remains: WILL THE FINAL PRODUCT BE OPTIMIZE TO USE CROSSFIRE??? please i would appreciate anyone who knows the answer to this for sure, no speculations since we already have lots of yes and no's out there on this subject. It would be a real shame not to use this technology, i will be playing at 2560x1440 soon and i would love to play at max settings with good fps and seems the only way i will be able to pull this off is if the game supports crossfire.

Thanks.

Asus P7P55D Pro

Intel i7 @ 4.0 GHZ

8gb xms ddr3 memory

500gb SATA HD

ATI 5870

27" Dell LCD Monitor

Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

HOTAS WartHog

Thrustmaster MFD's

8" lcd monitors x2 (mfd)

Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

TrackIR5

I've got a 5870 and was thinking about inserting another, but I don't think the sim will take too much advantage of such a setup, so the extra noise, heat and money didn't seem worth it.

PC SPECS :

* Intel i7 920 @ 4Ghz | P6T Deluxe V2 | 32Gb DDR RAM | GTX 1070i OC 8 Gb | H50 Water Cooler | Velociraptor 150Gb | Samsung SATA II 1Tb and Samsung 860PRO 512| Prolite 1080p 24" | Logitech G-19 | TM Twin MFD's | TM Warthog | TIR 5 (soon) | Windows 7/64 | My PC | My Blog | My Bikes

As far as I know, crossfire only works with twin cards. Exactly the same.

Apart from that, a single 5970 is more than enough to get what you need. This sim is not that graphical intensive, it is more CPU intensive. I have a 4850 512mb and run the sim nicely at 1920 resolution with everything maxed save AA and scenes on medium.

BS/A-10C work great on my SLI 480's. They get maxed out 100% GPU usage but that's because I run the resolution 5090x2560.

When I had a 4GB 5970+2GB 5870 in tri-crossfire I believe it worked in BS. I went with nVidia though because SLI I find works much better than crossfire. I'm talking beyond just performance also.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

BS/A-10C work great on my SLI 480's. They get maxed out 100% GPU usage but that's because I run the resolution 5090x2560.

When I had a 4GB 5970+2GB 5870 in tri-crossfire I believe it worked in BS. I went with nVidia though because SLI I find works much better than crossfire. I'm talking beyond just performance also.

So you're getting good results with 480 SLI and running 3 screens? I'm thinking of 580s but I think Nvidia cards are more finicky about monitors. I have on 1920x1200 screen, but it's out of production and I was thinking of picking up two more Dell U2410s. However, I hear that Nvidia is picky and there might be issues if all three monitors aren't identical in spec. Did you have any problems getting Nvidia Surround to work?

Well i already have an almost new i5 lynnefield at 2.8ghz stock and an almost new asus p7p55d pro mobo. In order to upgrade to an i7 with stock speeds of over 3.0 ghz i would have to get a new mobo too and that i will NOT do. I guess i will stay with the 5970+5870 and overclock the i5 at 3.5-3.7ghz. Also i hope that ED hears our prayers and offer compatibility with crossfire on the final release because having such a beast of a pc to use it on a 40% on the sim i love and use the most is really a shame. I just want to be able to play A-10 at 2560x1440 with everything maxed out and have above 25fps all the time. I have the hardware for it, i just need the permission . :)

HOPE THEY HELP!!!

Asus P7P55D Pro

Intel i7 @ 4.0 GHZ

8gb xms ddr3 memory

500gb SATA HD

ATI 5870

27" Dell LCD Monitor

HOTAS WartHog

Thrustmaster MFD's

8" lcd monitors x2 (mfd)

Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

TrackIR5

Yeah i remember Ed team aint SLI/Xfire friendly.

And AFAIK Crossfire DON T work with diferent GPUs the one that does it is PHYSX from Nvidia.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Some Ati cards work well in crossfire for example the 5970 and the 5870 since the 5970 is basically 2 5870 gpu's in the same card only downclocked a little bit. You can see the compatibility chart at http://www.ati.com

Asus P7P55D Pro

Intel i7 @ 4.0 GHZ

8gb xms ddr3 memory

500gb SATA HD

ATI 5870

27" Dell LCD Monitor

HOTAS WartHog

Thrustmaster MFD's

8" lcd monitors x2 (mfd)

Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

TrackIR5

Yeah i remember Ed team aint SLI/Xfire friendly.

And AFAIK Crossfire DON T work with diferent GPUs the one that does it is PHYSX from Nvidia.

I think Crossfire won't work outside the family of chips, but they can work within the equivalent family, even if the pairing is not optimal. I believe the two cards will default to the lowest card. So for example, a 5850 will work with a 5870, but the two would work like a pair of 5850s while in Crossfire mode.