Multi-monitor set-up guide & help (unofficial)

MadTommy

i,ve used Capt Zeens profile exports, for use with Helios. I have reset the monitor configuration and change the co-ords to my set up up as Zeen had already completed the hard work.

Action After Contemplation

RESOLVED: I was changing a dummy copy of the monitor setup lua in the Saved Games folder vice the active version in the DCS root directory. No clue why there is a dummy copy in the SG folder—maybe I put it there as an archive at some point? Back to learning the ‘Cat!

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I've run into an issue with my current setup. It's a fresh installation of DCS, stable version.

My hardware is as follows:i7 8700K16GB RAMGTX1080 Ti (3x DP connected for triple monitor setup, 1x HDMI for desktop)GT710 (2x HDMI connected for LCD's)

My screens are 3x 1920x1080, 144Hz, configured with Surround, they're placed on my rig. 1 'normal' monitor is on my desk for normal desktop use. This has worked flawless in the past, and also on the fresh install.

However, I got my hands on 2 LCD's a while ago, 8 inch, like everybody uses for their MFD modifications. I managed to create a .lua file for this, and it works like charm, it does display what it needs to display. These screens are connected on the GT710, because there are no outputs left on the 1080 Ti since they are used by the triple setup.

The bad thing is that there is a massive FPS drop and input lag while I'm using this setup. No matter what I do, I fiddle around with some settings to make it less heavy, it doesn't change. The whole image is choppy.

My question is, has anybody experienced this when doing a similar thing? Has it to do with the Surround setup? Maybe the GT710?

TLDR;

Without secondary screens: Runs smooth, steady FPS, no hickups.With secondary screens: Runs laggy, choppy, no matter what happens.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I've run into an issue with my current setup. It's a fresh installation of DCS, stable version.

My hardware is as follows:i7 8700K16GB RAMGTX1080 Ti (3x DP connected for triple monitor setup, 1x HDMI for desktop)GT710 (2x HDMI connected for LCD's)

My screens are 3x 1920x1080, 144Hz, configured with Surround, they're placed on my rig. 1 'normal' monitor is on my desk for normal desktop use. This has worked flawless in the past, and also on the fresh install.

However, I got my hands on 2 LCD's a while ago, 8 inch, like everybody uses for their MFD modifications. I managed to create a .lua file for this, and it works like charm, it does display what it needs to display. These screens are connected on the GT710, because there are no outputs left on the 1080 Ti since they are used by the triple setup.

The bad thing is that there is a massive FPS drop and input lag while I'm using this setup. No matter what I do, I fiddle around with some settings to make it less heavy, it doesn't change. The whole image is choppy.

My question is, has anybody experienced this when doing a similar thing? Has it to do with the Surround setup? Maybe the GT710?

TLDR;

Without secondary screens: Runs smooth, steady FPS, no hickups.With secondary screens: Runs laggy, choppy, no matter what happens.

Thanks in advance!

Turn OFF Surround. DCS does NOT require this to enable multi monitor support.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Turn OFF Surround. DCS does NOT require this to enable multi monitor support.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Woah damn, that's fast... I'll look into that!

EDIT: Sadly, this doesn't change a thing for me..

Edited by jaccovdzaag

• 5 weeks later...

My monitor setup looks like this:

fWrtYOV.jpg

#1 - 2560x1440

#2 - 1920x1080

#3&4 - 1024x768

My lua file:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('1 Screen + 2 MFCDs');

Description = 'Two MFCDs'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 1920;

y = 0;

width = 2560;

height = 1440;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 2560 / 1440;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 4665;

y = 95;

width = 680;

height = 660;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 4665;

y = 863;

width = 680;

height = 660;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

In general DCS and MFCDs export works fine, but my left monitor (#2) is blank when game is running.

Is there any way to make DCS ignore left display and work only on 1,3 and 4, so I can use #2 for desktop and other apps open?

For all those who have a second monitor / multiple monitors who would like to put MFD screens or Indicators on one and the game camera on the others

you can edit your monitor .lua in DCS game folder\config\monitorsetup\[file_name].lua to do exactly that

since your PC and DCS recognizes all your connected monitors as one screen with a combined number of pixels in width by a combined number of pixels in height, you first need to set the resolution in DCS settings to the overall width/overall height. The last option on the drop down menu for resolution in the DCS settings is automatically the overall dimensions. Next you'll code your monitors' .lua file to show the gameplay screen within the dimensions of pixels you want, which will allow you to place mfcd screens,etc in the portion of your displays that isn't covered by gameplay cameras, without getting obscured by the cockpit view, which is shown across the whole center display by default.

for example: say you have two screens, one on top with resolution 1920 x 1200 and one on bottom with resolution 1920 x 1080

the combined resolution is 1920 x 2280. but we only want 1920 x 1200 of the total monitor space to be gameplay screen, so we configure the height of the Center viewport to be only 1200 instead of 'screen.height' (which is 2280 with both monitors connected)

also notice how no code is needed for the 2nd monitor screen size/location. all that's required to get your MFCD screens to show is to set their y coordinate below the height limit of your gameplay monitor (usually 1200)

for example: set your LEFT_MFCD = {x=60, y=1260, width=399, height=399} is about the perfect settings for the Left MFCD screen to show up inside a Cougar MFD controller which is fastened at the top left of a monitor screen

If you want to export indicators (AMPCD, UFC, IFEI, DED, EHSI, etc) you must add a line of code to their .luas found in Mods\[airframe]\cockpit\scripts\indicator\[indicator.lua]

according to the instructions on this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716 and/or this one: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242228 I suggest you subscribe to these threads for easy reference.

Viewports = {

CENTER = {

x=0;

y=0;

width = screen.width;

height = 1200; --[[<- see the change I made? (1200 instead of screen.height)--]]

aspect = 1920/1200 --[[<- for the aspect just put in the dimensions, width /

height, of the size of the gameplay screen you desire. * If you don't update the aspect the picture will be compacted, out of proportion.--]]

}

}

LEFT_MFCD = {x=_, y=1260, width=_, height=_} --[[<- make sure the y coordinate is greater than the screen.height of your top monitor --]]

RIGHT_MFCD = {x=_, y=1260, width=_, height=_}

F_16C_DED_ = {x=_, y=1660, width=_, height=_}

F_16C_EHSI_ = {x=_, y=1260, width=_, height=_}

FA_18C_CENTER_MFCD = { x = 2648, y = 1284, width = 461, height = 428 }

FA_18_IFEI_ = {x=_, y=1660, width=_, height=_}

FA_18_UFC_ = {x=_, y=1600, width=_, height=_}

GUI =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screenwidth;

height = 1200;

}

UIMainView = GUI

the above .lua code puts the cockpit/ gameplay view on the monitor above and a blank background on the monitor below where you can position cockpit items like MFCDs, IFEI and UFC in the Hornet, or EHSI and DED in the Viper, and you Hawgdrivers know what you want to add etc.

it works for 3 screens too.

Once again, you don't have to write code for the extra /4th monitor screen , just set the height on your viewports to only cover the height of your gameplay view monitors (usually 1200) and make sure the y= coordinate, of your MFCD or IFEI etc., is greater than 1200 (so it will get positioned on your extra /4th monitor)

Viewports = {

Left = {

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width / 3;

height = 1200;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1200;

},

Center =

{

x = screen.width / 3;

y = 0;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1200;

},

Right =

{

x = screen.width * 2 / 3;

y = 0;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1200;

},

LEFT_MFCD = {x=_, y=1260, width=_, height=_}

GUI =

{

x = screen.width/3;

y = 0;

width = screenwidth/3;

height = 1200;

}

UIMainView = GUI

I included the GUI code and UI mainview here so you won't open DCS and get a loading screen that is blown out of proportion/ skiwampus, and you'll be able to see all the menu options etc.

you can set the x and y coordinates to whatever works for you, so the MFCD screens will show up inside your Cougar MFD controllers

I hope that helps some of you wanting to make your own totally awesome pit.

117680044_148384453566915_364682403061104595_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=en-LGTGJtS0AX9q6xXD&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=2fa19383f6637723d608ef17067ac726&oe=5F596FF7

Edited by Thalvid
  • Like 1

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

• 3 weeks later...

please help me

OK, it looks like some syntax has changed. Let me explain how my setup below. As you can see I have three monitors that are 1920 X 1200. So the *total* width is 5760. Also, while the three monitors height is 1200, if you factor in the 600 for the Lilliputs (800 x 600 monitors), the total height is 1800. See picture below: (Note in the picture, I made a mistake and said the height is 2000. It should be 1800!

qdPnHfd.png

As you can see, the Windows identified order doesn't really matter. For me, monitor 2 is my "main monitor" And my *LEFT* MFCD is monitor #5 which is 800x600 Lilliput monitor. #4 is my right MFCD. But the way I setup my 8" monitors is like this:

cYxhQG5.png

As you can see, the right side of the *LEFT* MFD/Lilliput is covered. 7" is slightly too small, and 8" monitors have too much screen space. So I just covered it up and no one is the wiser! Also note that the left side of my *RIGHT* MFD is covered. This is important because it will affect how you configure the lua file.

Note that youll need to use an editor like Notepad++, Ultraedit, or VIM to create these files. Windows notepad may mess up the UTF formatted files.

My lua file (attached to this post) is called HSBMFD1.LUA You need to copy it to (I'm assuming your DCS is installed in the default C drive/location)

For Alpha 2.0 release:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Config\MonitorSetup\

For Beta 1.5 release:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup\

For 1.2 GA release:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup\

Explanation of the contents of the LUA that I attached is as follows:

name = _('HSBMFD1');

/* Note that the file name doesn't really matter. DCS will read the above "name= " and will display it CONFIGURATION section. */

Description = '3 Screens and L-R MultiMFD'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5760;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 4.8;

},

/* Here, I'm saying that I have one screen that's 5760 by 1200 and the aspect ration is 5760/1200 which equals 4.8. But this is *not* what you type in the CONFIGURATION screen - explained later. And one more note: I like to just use one 'wide' Center view port. You may prefer the Left, Center, Right approach that the default "3 Cameras" LUA uses. So adjust to suit your taste */

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 1200;

width = 525;

height = 525;

},

/* OK, this is easy. You can see from my first picture of Windows monitor setup screen that the left MFD/Lilliput starts at X= 0 (far left) and down by 1200 (below the #2 monitor in my example above.) I also used a program called PixelWindow to masure that MFCD size is 525 x 525 in size */

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1075;

y = 1200;

width = 525;

height = 525;

},

/* OK, so this is a little weird, right? Why is the "X" value at 1075? Shouldn't it just be 800? I even labeled it as X=800 and Y=1200 in my picture above The problem in my case is that I covered the left side of the *RIGHT* MFD. So there's some dead space that I have to take into account. For the LEFT MFCD, it didn't matter because the MFD is flush to the left side of the Lilliput monitor (X=0). In the above config, I told DCS that my MFCD's screen size is 525 x 525 starting from the left side of the monitor. The fact that I'm not using the full 800 pixels is beside the point for DCS. Now lets talk about hte right MFCD. How much do I need to move the right MFCDs "X" value by? Well, that's easy if you think about it. The monitor itself is 800 pixels wide. But I'm only using the right 525 pixels. So how much am I *not* using? How many pixels are covered up by my little cover? 275! (800-525). So that means that my *RIGHT* MFCD really starts at 800 (width of the left Lilliput) + 275 (the space that I covered up) which equals 1075. And again I'm telling DCS that the right MFCD is 525 by 525 pixels big. */

}

LEFT_MFCD = Viewports.LEFT_MFCD

RIGHT_MFCD = Viewports.RIGHT_MFCD

/* Now here's where it gets interesting. I couldn't get the old *working* config in the new alpha/beta release. I guess DCS changed how LUA files are read. I had to state at the bottom that the LEFT_MFCD is configured via "Viewports.LEFT_MFCD" section. */

OK, we're *almost* finished. After you copy the LUA file over, you need to configure DCS to use it. When you configure DCS Graphics option, you need to account for the *FULL* screen size of 5760 x 2000. Since our LUA file tells DCS to use 5760 X 1200 for the "center" (the main) screen, it's OK that we're specifying 5760X2000. See picture below:

pq2HRRL.png

Just type in 5760X2000. There's no pull down for it. Then just type in the aspect ratio as 4.8 (5760/1200 = 4.. And specify the MONITORS as HSBMFD1 (or whatever you changed it to).

That should do it. If you've followed along, you'll get the enjoy it like this:

7iXgp6o.png

I know it's not the best of resolution, but you get the idea. Notice the three monitors in use, along with working MFCDs. Enjoy.

please can you help me my main monitor is 4K---- 3840X2160 my 2 mfds are 7 inch 1024X600 i tried but i cant get it ..kindly help me pls

• Like 1

What about F18 ????

OK, it looks like some syntax has changed. Let me explain how my setup below. As you can see I have three monitors that are 1920 X 1200. So the *total* width is 5760. Also, while the three monitors height is 1200, if you factor in the 600 for the Lilliputs (800 x 600 monitors), the total height is 1800. See picture below: (Note in the picture, I made a mistake and said the height is 2000. It should be 1800!

qdPnHfd.png

As you can see, the Windows identified order doesn't really matter. For me, monitor 2 is my "main monitor" And my *LEFT* MFCD is monitor #5 which is 800x600 Lilliput monitor. #4 is my right MFCD. But the way I setup my 8" monitors is like this:

cYxhQG5.png

As you can see, the right side of the *LEFT* MFD/Lilliput is covered. 7" is slightly too small, and 8" monitors have too much screen space. So I just covered it up and no one is the wiser! Also note that the left side of my *RIGHT* MFD is covered. This is important because it will affect how you configure the lua file.

Note that youll need to use an editor like Notepad++, Ultraedit, or VIM to create these files. Windows notepad may mess up the UTF formatted files.

My lua file (attached to this post) is called HSBMFD1.LUA You need to copy it to (I'm assuming your DCS is installed in the default C drive/location)

For Alpha 2.0 release:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Config\MonitorSetup\

For Beta 1.5 release:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup\

For 1.2 GA release:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup\

Explanation of the contents of the LUA that I attached is as follows:

name = _('HSBMFD1');

/* Note that the file name doesn't really matter. DCS will read the above "name= " and will display it CONFIGURATION section. */

Description = '3 Screens and L-R MultiMFD'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5760;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 4.8;

},

/* Here, I'm saying that I have one screen that's 5760 by 1200 and the aspect ration is 5760/1200 which equals 4.8. But this is *not* what you type in the CONFIGURATION screen - explained later. And one more note: I like to just use one 'wide' Center view port. You may prefer the Left, Center, Right approach that the default "3 Cameras" LUA uses. So adjust to suit your taste */

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 1200;

width = 525;

height = 525;

},

/* OK, this is easy. You can see from my first picture of Windows monitor setup screen that the left MFD/Lilliput starts at X= 0 (far left) and down by 1200 (below the #2 monitor in my example above.) I also used a program called PixelWindow to masure that MFCD size is 525 x 525 in size */

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1075;

y = 1200;

width = 525;

height = 525;

},

/* OK, so this is a little weird, right? Why is the "X" value at 1075? Shouldn't it just be 800? I even labeled it as X=800 and Y=1200 in my picture above The problem in my case is that I covered the left side of the *RIGHT* MFD. So there's some dead space that I have to take into account. For the LEFT MFCD, it didn't matter because the MFD is flush to the left side of the Lilliput monitor (X=0). In the above config, I told DCS that my MFCD's screen size is 525 x 525 starting from the left side of the monitor. The fact that I'm not using the full 800 pixels is beside the point for DCS. Now lets talk about hte right MFCD. How much do I need to move the right MFCDs "X" value by? Well, that's easy if you think about it. The monitor itself is 800 pixels wide. But I'm only using the right 525 pixels. So how much am I *not* using? How many pixels are covered up by my little cover? 275! (800-525). So that means that my *RIGHT* MFCD really starts at 800 (width of the left Lilliput) + 275 (the space that I covered up) which equals 1075. And again I'm telling DCS that the right MFCD is 525 by 525 pixels big. */

}

/* Now here's where it gets interesting. I couldn't get the old *working* config in the new alpha/beta release. I guess DCS changed how LUA files are read. I had to state at the bottom that the LEFT_MFCD is configured via "Viewports.LEFT_MFCD" section. */

OK, we're *almost* finished. After you copy the LUA file over, you need to configure DCS to use it. When you configure DCS Graphics option, you need to account for the *FULL* screen size of 5760 x 2000. Since our LUA file tells DCS to use 5760 X 1200 for the "center" (the main) screen, it's OK that we're specifying 5760X2000. See picture below:

pq2HRRL.png

Just type in 5760X2000. There's no pull down for it. Then just type in the aspect ratio as 4.8 (5760/1200 = 4.. And specify the MONITORS as HSBMFD1 (or whatever you changed it to).

That should do it. If you've followed along, you'll get the enjoy it like this:

7iXgp6o.png

I know it's not the best of resolution, but you get the idea. Notice the three monitors in use, along with working MFCDs. Enjoy.

This perfectly work with A10C what about F18,AV8B kindly help.thanks

Hi my main monitor is 4K =3840x2160 and my 2mfd screens = 1024X600 I using following lua script to getting A10 c MFD perfectly, windows monitor setup is from left main =1 mfd=2,3 but with F18 fuzzy with duplicate screen is coming ,AV8B partially working only FLIR working great rest working fuzzy and duplicate screen , Kindly help me to solve this please.Thanks

My code

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('HSBMFD1');
Description = '2 Screens and L MultiMFD'
Viewports =
{
  Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 3840;
         height = 2160;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 3840 / 2160;
    },

LEFT_MFCD =
	{
         x = 3980;
         y = 0;
         width = 750;
         height = 620;
	  aspect = 1024 / 600
	},
	RIGHT_MFCD =
	{
         x = 5030;
         y = 0;
         width = 750;
         height = 620;
	  aspect = 1024 / 600
	},			

}
GUI=
{
X = 3840;
Y = 0;
Width = 3840;
height = 2160;
}

4f2sC99

Edited by love0rdie

In order for Helios to run properly it needs to access files from various locations, some in the DCS folder and some in user profile folder. et al.

Some files include

• Helios profile
  • Images
  • Export lua
  • monitor configuration
  • there may be others,but you get the idea

Given a vanilla install, could someone provide a listing of the various folder paths.

I see multiple locations of where these files may be placed, if necessary including the user/appdata

Could someone give a current list.

Thanx

Helios itseft

C:\Program Files\Gadrocs Workshop\Helios\Control Center.exe

C:\Program Files\Gadrocs Workshop\Helios\Profile Editor.exe

Helios vanilla user data info

C:\Users\Terminator\Documents\Helios\

All the profiles displayed in Control Center

C:\Users\Terminator\Documents\Helios\Profiles

All the images required for the profiles, may include subdirectories

C:\Users\Terminator\Documents\Helios\Images

Where DCS looks for Export.lua

C:\Users\Terminator\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Helios

Where DCS looks for lua files for specific modules eg.for the F18 specific C:\Users\Terminator\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Helios\Mods\Helios_F18C.lua

Contains all the subfolders for speciifi modules C:\Users\Terminator\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Helios\Mods

Where DCS looks for monitor config files

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup

Is this correct?

Are there other paths required? Maybe path to DCS aircraft mods perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
For all those who have a second monitor / multiple monitors who would like to put MFD screens or Indicators on one and the game camera on the others

you can edit your monitor .lua in DCS game folder\config\monitorsetup\[file_name].lua to do exactly that

since your PC and DCS recognizes all your connected monitors as one screen with a combined number of pixels in width by a combined number of pixels in height, you first need to set the resolution in DCS settings to the overall width/overall height. The last option on the drop down menu for resolution in the DCS settings is automatically the overall dimensions. Next you'll code your monitors' .lua file to show the gameplay screen within the dimensions of pixels you want, which will allow you to place mfcd screens,etc in the portion of your displays that isn't covered by gameplay cameras, without getting obscured by the cockpit view, which is shown across the whole center display by default.

for example: say you have two screens, one on top with resolution 1920 x 1200 and one on bottom with resolution 1920 x 1080

the combined resolution is 1920 x 2280. but we only want 1920 x 1200 of the total monitor space to be gameplay screen, so we configure the height of the Center viewport to be only 1200 instead of 'screen.height' (which is 2280 with both monitors connected)

also notice how no code is needed for the 2nd monitor screen size/location. all that's required to get your MFCD screens to show is to set their y coordinate below the height limit of your gameplay monitor (usually 1200)

for example: set your LEFT_MFCD = {x=60, y=1260, width=399, height=399} is about the perfect settings for the Left MFCD screen to show up inside a Cougar MFD controller which is fastened at the top left of a monitor screen

If you want to export indicators (AMPCD, UFC, IFEI, DED, EHSI, etc) you must add a line of code to their .luas found in Mods\[airframe]\cockpit\scripts\indicator\[indicator.lua]

according to the instructions on this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716 and/or this one: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242228 I suggest you subscribe to these threads for easy reference.

Viewports = {

CENTER = {

x=0;

y=0;

width = screen.width;

height = 1200; --[[<- see the change I made? (1200 instead of screen.height)--]]

height, of the size of the gameplay screen you desire. * If you don't update the aspect the picture will be compacted, out of proportion.--]]

}

}

LEFT_MFCD = {x=_, y=1260, width=_, height=_} --[[<- make sure the y coordinate is greater than the screen.height of your top monitor --]]

GUI =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screenwidth;

height = 1200;

}

UIMainView = GUI

the above .lua code puts the cockpit/ gameplay view on the monitor above and a blank background on the monitor below where you can position cockpit items like MFCDs, IFEI and UFC in the Hornet, or EHSI and DED in the Viper, and you Hawgdrivers know what you want to add etc.

Once again, you don't have to write code for the extra /4th monitor screen , just set the height on your viewports to only cover the height of your gameplay view monitors (usually 1200) and make sure the y= coordinate, of your MFCD or IFEI etc., is greater than 1200 (so it will get positioned on your extra /4th monitor)

Viewports = {

Left = {

x = 0;

y = 0;

height = 1200;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1200;

},

Center =

{

x = screen.width / 3;

y = 0;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1200;

},

Right =

{

y = 0;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1200;

},

GUI =

{

x = screen.width/3;

y = 0;

width = screenwidth/3;

height = 1200;

}

UIMainView = GUI

I included the GUI code and UI mainview here so you won't open DCS and get a loading screen that is blown out of proportion/ skiwampus, and you'll be able to see all the menu options etc.

you can set the x and y coordinates to whatever works for you, so the MFCD screens will show up inside your Cougar MFD controllers

117680044_148384453566915_364682403061104595_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=en-LGTGJtS0AX9q6xXD&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=2fa19383f6637723d608ef17067ac726&oe=5F596FF7

question: I have a main monitor (I think that makes it the "center viewport) that is 3440x1440 and two 800x600 LCDs in cougar MFDs positioned below and to the left in windows. here is the LUA I created:

name = _('my practice');

Description = '3 monitors';

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3440;

height = 1440;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 3440/2040;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 1440;

width = 500;

height = 500;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 800;

y = 1440;

width = 500;

height = 500;

}

its not working and I don't know why, Do you?

Win 10 PRO 64bit

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero MB

Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHZ

EVGA GTX 980ti

32GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3 1866@1600mhz

Sound Blaster Recon 3D

Saitek X55 Rhino Stick

Trakir5 W/Pro clip :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Viewports = {

CENTER = {

x=0;

y=0;

width = screen.width;

}

}

GUI =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screenwidth;

height = 1200;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Viewports = {

Left = {

x = 0;

y = 0;

height = 1200;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1200;

},

Center =

{

x = screen.width / 3;

y = 0;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1200;

},

Right =

{

y = 0;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1200;

},

GUI =

{

x = screen.width/3;

y = 0;

width = screenwidth/3;

height = 1200;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Kirrasdad, have there been any improvements since you posted? What is it exactly that isn't working? Is the main screen showing DCS? you might need to update the individual LUAs in your Mods\Airframe\Scripts folder. have you seen my post: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-world-2-5/bugs-and-problems-ai/multi-monitor/290864-mfd-hsi-ded-ifei-ufc-etc-screens-on-second-monitor It will explain how to make MFD screens appear inside the cockpit screenspace

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, could use some help here trying to sort out this setup. I've got one 1440p monitor (2560 x 1440) and a 1080p monitor to the right (1920 x 1080)

here is my LUA (I just modified an already included one):

name = _('Camera + LMFCD(on right side)');
Description = 'MFDs on the right and camera on the center'
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width  = 2560;
          height = 1440;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 2560/1440;
     }

LEFT_MFCD = {x=2570, y=400, width=500, height=500}

RIGHT_MFCD = {x=2570, y=900, width=500, height=500}

F_16C_DED_ = {x=3070, y=400, width=500, height=300}

F_16C_EHSI_ = {x=3070, y=900, width=500, height=500}

}

Here are my settings:

No description available.

And this is the unfortunate result:

few questions:

1) why is the MFD so damn big O_o shouldn't it just be 500x500 px?

2) why aren't the other components showing up?

3) why is the main camera squished to the left and the MFD invading the main screen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

On 12/24/2020 at 12:00 PM, Section8 said:

Hi all, could use some help here trying to sort out this setup. I've got one 1440p monitor (2560 x 1440) and a 1080p monitor to the right (1920 x 1080)

here is my LUA (I just modified an already included one):

name = _('Camera + LMFCD(on right side)');
Description = 'MFDs on the right and camera on the center'
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width  = 2560;
          height = 1440;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 2560/1440;
     }

LEFT_MFCD = {x=2570, y=400, width=500, height=500}

RIGHT_MFCD = {x=2570, y=900, width=500, height=500}

F_16C_DED_ = {x=3070, y=400, width=500, height=300}

F_16C_EHSI_ = {x=3070, y=900, width=500, height=500}

}

Here are my settings:

And this is the unfortunate result:

few questions:

1) why is the MFD so damn big O_o shouldn't it just be 500x500 px?

2) why aren't the other components showing up?

3) why is the main camera squished to the left and the MFD invading the main screen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update to this! I gave up on the original code and decided to use some of the auto-adjusting code. This worked out perfectly for the MFDs but I am unable to get the DED to show up. Do I have the right component name? Is there a way to check what the variable name is?

Code below:

name 		= _('Custom');
Description = 'Camera on primary display and Left MFCD on secondary'

if  displays and #displays > 1 then 
	primary = 
	{	
		x 		= displays[1].x - screen.x,
		y 		= displays[1].y - screen.y,
		width   = displays[1].width,
		height  = displays[1].height,
		aspect  = displays[1].width/displays[1].height;
		viewDx  = 0;
        viewDy  = 0;
	}
	secondary = 
	{
		x 		= displays[2].x - screen.x,
		y 		= displays[2].y - screen.y,
		width   = displays[2].width / 2,
		height  = displays[2].height / 2,
	}

RMFCD = 
	{
		x 		= displays[2].x + displays[2].width / 2,
		y 		= displays[2].y - screen.y,
		width   = displays[2].width / 2,
		height  = displays[2].height / 2,
	}

F16_DED = 
	{
		x 		= displays[2].x - screen.x,
		y		= displays[2].y + displays[2].height /2,
		width	= displays[2].width / 2,
		height	= displays[2].height / 2,
	}

else
	primary = 
	{	
		  x = screen.width / 2;
          y = 0;
          width  = screen.width / 2;
          height = screen.height;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = screen.aspect / 2;
	}
	secondary =
	{
		 x = 0;
		 y = 0;
		 width = screen.width / 4;
		 height = screen.height / 2 ;
	}

RMFCD =
	{
		 x = screen.width / 4 * 3;
		 y = 0;
	}

F16_DED = 
	{
		x = 0;
		y = screen.height / 2;
	}

end

UIMainView = primary
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = primary
LEFT_MFCD  = secondary
RIGHT_MFCD = RMFCD
F_16C_DED_ = F16_DED
Viewports  = {UIMainView}

EDIT: Solved it! 

Thread here

by adding 

if not USE_DED then
--ViewportHandling
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
update_screenspace_diplacement(1, true, 0)
try_find_assigned_viewport("F16_DED")
end

at the end of the DED_init.lua (at "...\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\DED\indicator").

Thanks to Devrim!

Edited by Section8

I’ve been reading everything I can & playing around with LUA’s (mainly the monitor setup)

But I still can’t find what I’m after.

I’m running 2 monitors (left & right) both 1920x1080.

Left is used for the main screen Right is currently used for LEFT & RIGHT MFCD’s.

I have the current monitor lua setup that it sees both screens as one.

Therefore the ‘game screen’ starts at 0x0, the left MFCD @ 1920x0 & right @ 2880x0.

I have been looking at using something like Ikarus, mainly for the WWII stuff, but would like to use it for the modern stuff as well hopefully.

Ikarus has a lot of pre-built screens to choose from for most of the aircraft, but obviously the MFCD’s for most are in different positions. E.g. A-10C vs AV-8.

I thought there was a way to modify the monitor lua so it had a default position for the MFCD’s i.e. both ½ screen of 2nd monitor but you could stipulate that if you were in the A-10 the MFCD’s would be positioned in a custom position. Swap to the Harrier or F-16 then the MFCD’s could be in another position accommodating the positioning of the Ikarus screen.

For example, I want to start by moving the A-10 & AV-8 as below but every other aicraft stay on the right monitor as 1/2x1/2.

A-10

Left MFCD to start at 1990x170 and be 360x360

Right MFCD to start at 3415x170 and be 360x360

AV-8

Left MFCD to start at 2085x365 and be 415x415

Right MFCD to start at 3240x365 and be 415x415

I’m not sure if there is something that I should be adding after UIMainView etc. in the monitor lua.

Ikarus.lua

Edited by Helles Belle

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

This is making me crazy, I have 3 monitors, two 8" Lilliputs with TM MFD Bezels  and my main 2560x1440 monitor. The 600x800 (portrait) lilliputs are below the main, so the total resolution is 2560x2240. I've created a "DCSViper.lua" shown below. If I choose 2560x2240 in DCS Options I get a squeezed down main screen (guess is about 2560x1000 or so) with black above and below. Choosing "DCSViper.lua" does not display MFDs at all.. I also tried Helios, and while I can build the MFDs and they display, I get no data to them (MFDs are black, gauges don't function) so I figured try this method to at least get MFDs.. My lua -

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('DCSViper');
Description = '3 Monitors - Left MFD on the left monitor, Right MFD on the right and Game on the center'
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 2560;
height = 2240;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = 1.142857142857143;
}
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 0;
y = 1440;
width = 600;
height = 600;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 1958;
y = 1440;
width = 600;
height = 600;
}
GUI =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 2560;
height = 1440;
}

UIMainView = GUI

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

I should add a picture of the setup for clarity, this is while running Helios (with no extraction) - 

Helios Running.jpg

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

OK, gave up on trying to get MonitorSetup configured and went bak to Helios. I installed the Capt. Zeen F-16 profile and removed all the images and placed the MFDs from under the "F-16 Simulator Viewpoints" tab into my two 8: lilliput monitors. Cleared all the errors in Display and Interface, saved, now I have perfect MFDs in sim but the gauges (shown above) I placed do not work. I added the EHSI gauge below the RMFD from under the "F-16 Simulator Viewpoints" tab and IT works perfectly. I want to add most of the gauges shown above but Zeen's profile and the gauges it uses are in .png format while the F-16 gauges are in .htpl formal, is there a way to get all Zeen's images into Helios, of help ne get the existing ones to function please?

Edited by GaryR

On 12/29/2020 at 6:21 AM, Helles Belle said:

I’ve been reading everything I can & playing around with LUA’s (mainly the monitor setup)

But I still can’t find what I’m after.

I’m running 2 monitors (left & right) both 1920x1080.

Left is used for the main screen Right is currently used for LEFT & RIGHT MFCD’s.

I have the current monitor lua setup that it sees both screens as one.

Therefore the ‘game screen’ starts at 0x0, the left MFCD @ 1920x0 & right @ 2880x0.

I have been looking at using something like Ikarus, mainly for the WWII stuff, but would like to use it for the modern stuff as well hopefully.

Ikarus has a lot of pre-built screens to choose from for most of the aircraft, but obviously the MFCD’s for most are in different positions. E.g. A-10C vs AV-8.

I thought there was a way to modify the monitor lua so it had a default position for the MFCD’s i.e. both ½ screen of 2nd monitor but you could stipulate that if you were in the A-10 the MFCD’s would be positioned in a custom position. Swap to the Harrier or F-16 then the MFCD’s could be in another position accommodating the positioning of the Ikarus screen.

For example, I want to start by moving the A-10 & AV-8 as below but every other aicraft stay on the right monitor as 1/2x1/2.

A-10

Left MFCD to start at 1990x170 and be 360x360

Right MFCD to start at 3415x170 and be 360x360

AV-8

Left MFCD to start at 2085x365 and be 415x415

Right MFCD to start at 3240x365 and be 415x415

I’m not sure if there is something that I should be adding after UIMainView etc. in the monitor lua.

Ikarus.lua 819 B · 6 downloads

Yes you can have custom positions for each aircraft. You have to change some names in the aircraft lua files, as well as adjust your monitor config.

I have attached a rar file with all of my modded aircraft files that I have custom positions MFCDs for and my monitor config.lua. 

I mainly did this because you could not make the su25 schival screen anything other than right_mfcd, so I had to move everything else instead. 

Might put you on the right path at least

Display Exports.rar JB Camera Cougar.lua

On 1/9/2021 at 6:25 PM, GaryR said:

This is making me crazy, I have 3 monitors, two 8" Lilliputs with TM MFD Bezels  and my main 2560x1440 monitor. The 600x800 (portrait) lilliputs are below the main, so the total resolution is 2560x2240. I've created a "DCSViper.lua" shown below. If I choose 2560x2240 in DCS Options I get a squeezed down main screen (guess is about 2560x1000 or so) with black above and below. Choosing "DCSViper.lua" does not display MFDs at all.. I also tried Helios, and while I can build the MFDs and they display, I get no data to them (MFDs are black, gauges don't function) so I figured try this method to at least get MFDs.. My lua -

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('DCSViper');
Description = '3 Monitors - Left MFD on the left monitor, Right MFD on the right and Game on the center'
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 2560;
height = 2240;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = 1.142857142857143;
}
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 0;
y = 1440;
width = 600;
height = 600;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 1958;
y = 1440;
width = 600;
height = 600;
}
GUI =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 2560;
height = 1440;
}

UIMainView = GUI

Can you show us how your monitors are set up in windows display settings?

ie this screen

mon2.jpg

Thanks @jonsky7 you’re a champion.

I’ll have a look at those and see how I go.

😀

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

18 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Can you show us how your monitors are set up in windows display settings?

ie this screen

mon2.jpg

Absolutely! They are setup the same as in the pic..  The other pic is where I am after copy/paste the gauges from Capt. Zeen's F-16 profile over to mine. Getting close but the Fuel Flow can't be resized so too small on LMFD and I can't get the Fuel gauge, VVI, or AoA guages... but RPM% and Nozzle work! 

Win10 Display Setup.jpg

Helios 1-12-21.jpg