Bug openeing Training Missions Beta2

ArtMan_NL

I had the same. A reinstall from fresh did the trick

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

yeah i had the same but was running from desktop icon rather than clicking run as admin, found this out after 3 installations

I'm receiving this exact same error, no matter what I do. What exactly are you guys doing to get the game working? Where are you selecting or clicking "run as admin"?

Still not working :helpsmilie:

I disabled UAC in Windows 7. Run as administrator. Right clicked on the install map and changed rights to full control for everybody...

Still not working while some other parts like, create fast mission, work like a charm.

I did a clean install...

Edited by ArtMan_NL
typo's

oops, wrong thread.

Edited by Wolverine

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.

/\/\ no, I get the same error.

--

I know that. I am not expecting a flawless experience with the beta but nothing works at this point which is not good. I can't play any mission or training exercise except the custom mission which works for some reason.

Update: Reinstalling fixed my problem. At first it gave the same error but then I tried launching a campaign mission and it worked, then I went back and tried a training mission and that worked too.

The interactive training is amazing, kudos to dcs.

I tried this:

Right click on your DCS A-10C exe goto properties, compatibility and at the bottom you will see run this program as administrator click that and apply

The check box to run as Admin is shaded and I can't check it, I have UAC turned off and I've reinstalled 8 times with no luck.

Switching to full screen dosn't do anything or just right clicking on the icon and selecting "run as admin"

Please help!

Gateway FX6801-01

Intel Core i7 950(3.06GHz)

WD VelociRaptor 300GB

9GB DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 Driver: 258.96

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2

Logitech Extreme 3D stick

Saitek pedals and throttle

28" Hanns-G single monitor (1900X1200)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:joystick:

I tried launching a campaign and that worked fine, but when I went back to launch a training mission, I get this message:

error.jpg.f31c981d42b267a7d79c802550d2eac8.jpg

Gateway FX6801-01

WD VelociRaptor 300GB

9GB DDR3

I changed to full screen and no luck, but then I unchecked it... flew a mission and the restarted the sim, rechecked fullscreen and then it worked :-)

Gateway FX6801-01

WD VelociRaptor 300GB

9GB DDR3

Anyone else confirm if this is the issue?

I can confirm it. Fresh install, Win7 32 bit. Got same error regardless of "running as admin".

Switched to Full Screen and it works.

PC Specs

• Intel i5-4670k@ 4.5Ghz
  • 16GB of Corsair what difference does it make RAM
  • nVidia EVGA GTX 760
  • Couple SSD's and a couple mechanical drives
  • 27" Acer LCD Monitor (1920 x 1080)
  • 19" ELO Touchscreen (1280 x 1024)
  • :joystick: Saitek X-52
  • :joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals
  • TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro
  • Helios running custom profile for A10C based on Loz's profile.

I can confirm it. Fresh install, Win7 32 bit. Got same error regardless of "running as admin".

Switched to Full Screen and it works.

Since I run a dual boot Win XP Pro SP3 and Win7 Pro I can confirm the problem in both OS's. However I can't get around it in XP so far. I didn't fuss too much and loaded the training missions manually (through the mission button) but thought I'd mention it for what it's worth.

Rebooting into Win 7 now to tweak more :)

By the by, it does suck to have burned two of my StarForce activations simply due to dual-booting :(

PC Specs

• Intel i5-4670k@ 4.5Ghz
  • 16GB of Corsair what difference does it make RAM
  • nVidia EVGA GTX 760
  • Couple SSD's and a couple mechanical drives
  • 27" Acer LCD Monitor (1920 x 1080)
  • 19" ELO Touchscreen (1280 x 1024)
  • :joystick: Saitek X-52
  • :joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals
  • TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro
  • Helios running custom profile for A10C based on Loz's profile.

Same here I am running exclusively in XP 32 bit. I have tried renaming the files and I have tried applying the beta 2 fix. I can find no work around for this problem.

I'm sure the next update will fix it so I will stay away from nellis till then no big deal.

E6600 2.8 ghz

4 gig ram

GTX 460

Well I went back and cleared the temp folder again like Nate said and it is working now... at 5 fps but it is working.

Ok I'm going to shut up now until I know what I'm talking about.

I turn off the HDR and the TSSAA or what ever it is and set the view distance to medium and now have a low fps of 17.

Edited by tusler

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Same here I am running exclusively in XP 32 bit. ....

Well I went back and cleared the temp folder again like Nate said and it is working now...

Also XP Pro 32bit SP3 all latest updates, GTX-275 w/ 190.62 driver (yes not latest but this on has been very stable for UT3 etc), latest DirectX 9c as of June 2010's update. Could run instant Easy Georgia (only tried it couple of times) but no training until I deleted every file under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C Beta\Temp" and its subdirectories as some have suggested here. When it fails I get BSOD stating nv4_disp.dll with the same other info in Event Viewer:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbd139f87, 0xb8257a28, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111410-04.dmp.
I created a bat file to delete these temp files and have a shortcut to it on the desktop. Seems very repeatable if I don't del I get BSOD with exactly the same error, if I delete I can run the training. I have run the Overview and the Startup training so far but only if I exit, run the batch and re-launch the program.

BTW: I'm running in full screen (always was in full), and I did change to med for distance viewing as others suggested but these seem to have no impact since after this change I still test above and is repeatable as explained above

Edited by Hawkwind

I had a similar issue - with Beta 1 run as admin always fixed the error. With Beta 2 I have found that it's not the full screen option (as well as run as admin) its actually getting the resolution correct (resolution to align with full screen). I have tested multiple times and can confirm that was how i resolved at my end (Win 7 32bit)