any one got the new thrustmaster A10. HOTAS

Hello Hassata,

Well, simple. Unscrew the 4 screws at the bottom of the original plate, cut your own metal plate (used a 1mm thick steel plate) with the right dimensions, drill 4 holes for the stick base + as many holes to mount the plate in your pit. Put everything back together.

I don't understand your question about the offset. What offset?

Flim,

Loving the simplicity of that Pit.

Any build log at all? Looks like just what I (and the fun monitor) want :)

Cheers,

J.

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

Hello Hassata,

Well, simple. Unscrew the 4 screws at the bottom of the original plate, cut your own metal plate (used a 1mm thick steel plate) with the right dimensions, drill 4 holes for the stick base + as many holes to mount the plate in your pit. Put everything back together.

I don't understand your question about the offset. What offset?

A fair number of people are interested in center sticks, but twisting the grip relative to the base for a more ergonomic layout, like the real thing is.

See, you can mount the stick centered, and "squared" to the pit such that straight fore/aft/left/right motion gives pure y/x motion, but your wrist is twisted at some funny angles to make that happen. This isn't entirely uncomfortable, and this is how Ray and I flew the demo at the release event. It's just a bit unergonomic.

Or you could mount the stick base twisted counterclockwise about 15 degrees to match the real A-10's grip angle (such that the stick's forward/backward axis is on about the "11:30 - 5:30" line instead of 12-6. But then you've got to give awkward muscle movements - right roll without a pitch change requires you to push right and forward, for example. This also isn't unreasonable given the Warthog's lack of "axis detents"...but requires muscle memory rather than logic/physics to determine what is a "pure" roll input.

Now, after some talk on all of the above on simHQ after E3, I submitted the request for what became the 'rotatedxaxis()' command which would allow you to mount the stick rotated while adjusting the response in software so that you move the (twisted) stick in pure cardinal directions for pure pitch/roll inputs (pitch would now be along 12:30-6:30 from the stick's poitn of view). There's 2 problems with that approach...first, at the time (I hadn't had my hands on a Warthog all that long at that point and I honestly hadn't looked at the "stick limit" piece to see that it was a rounded off square (which, if you twist the stick and use rotatedxaxis(), results in some differential in the amount of throw you get. I was focused on preparing some flight profiles we had discussed and didn't require spending a lot of time pushed against the stops. I thought it was...rounder...and therefore twisting the response wouldn't cause any effective loss of resolution. The other problem is that applying that fix wouldn't work in A-10 at this point unless you rewrote your own profile (unless I'm mistaken - I haven't had the time available to me yet to get in on the A-10 beta. I'm absolutely going to be picking it up when I get some more time.)

Anyhoo, what he was asking was if you have the stick mounted offset (twisted) and how you like it, how you did it, etc.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

I ordered mine from simware but they are sold out and will first restock in 4 weeks time GRRRRRRRR. Thought about asking them to cancel my order so i could buy it from sweden but might aswell just wait it out.

By the time it shows ill have all my exams done.

French simware ? 4 weeks ? from what source did you got that number ?

I ordered from them too and they say ASAP as not knowing when, but soon.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

French simware ? 4 weeks ? from what source did you got that number ?

I ordered from them too and they say ASAP as not knowing when, but soon.

Same here, out of stock but no dates.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I am very jealous reading all these posts, and while I can afford it I cannot find anyplace to buy!! I search the Internet daily, but everybody seems to be out of stock - does anybody here know of any place with the HOTAS Warthog available (preferably in the USA)?

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks-worked great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Who woke up Rip Van Winkle?

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

• 3 months later...

So the question about easily modding the Warthog stick to offset by 15 degrees seems to be easy to answer. Not squeemish about opening the stick? Then check this solution out: http://www.hotas.gr/content/view/90/96/lang,el/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2017 Razer Blade w/ GTX1060

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Buttkicker

There is a TARGET only solution over on the SimHQ forums that works without cutting of the corners (by using the zoom feature).

Here you go: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3176122/Re_Instructions_on_how_to_mod_.html#Post3176122

Note, you will loose WH plug and play wit TARGET, so you will have to incorporate the WH A10 script in the files section made by one of the members.

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I picked up Metalnwood's extension kit. Very easy to rotate grip. :D

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

I picked up Metalnwood's extension kit. Very easy to rotate grip. :D

lol

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.