Thrustmaster TARGET

Thrustmaster TARGET software now available at the thrustmaster website. It works for Cougar HOTAS as well as with the new Warthog stick when available. I have not had a chance to try the TARGET software due to the fact I am on the road right now, but will try it when I get home with my cougar HOTAS. It is for WIN 7 32/64 bit , Vista 32/64 bit.and WIN XP.

Mices, little white lab mices... work work woooorkkk...

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Might want to wait for what I assume should be a fairly quick update as a couple of bugs have already been reported (e.g. not picking up the cougar rudder axis with the WH attached).

I got some clarification regarding the above. The cougar connected rudder is apparently not being picked up by TARGET. This is a bug they are working on. However, the WH should run with DCS A10 without any TARGET loaded profile (as with the MFDs), and as such, you should be able to use the Cougar-connected rudders as picked up as a DirectX axis in windows assignable in the A10 options.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What would be the advantages of using TARGET for a Cougar?

I think programming it will be easier. I have been waiting for this, guess it's time to reformat and try to install the cougar again.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Anybody got the software to work yet? Installed but fails to launch.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yes I have it working fine. Had some problems intitally launching. I had to DL and install the latest .net framework v4. After this a reinstall of TARGET and a reboot it seemed to work for me under win7 x64. (I also have the Cougar HOTAS software installed. The only change I made here is to set the stick to be in windows mode on boot rather than programmed mode).

GUI and Script editor working fine with Cougar and MFDs. Now I just need the Warthog......now please.

Out

Edited by PoleCat

I've got it installed and running on Win 7 64-bit system--did nothing special on the install but I do keep UAC turned off. Have not done a lot with TARGET yet but it does launch and detects my two MFD's ... the default behavior seems to be to remove them from the Win7 controllers list and add them to the Thrustmaster virtual controller (they are added back to the Windows list when TARGET exits). I have not had a TARGET crash yet.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

.....I had to DL and install the latest .net framework v4.

4.03?

Might I bother you for a link, please :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still no luck I'm afraid:

Installed TARGET on Win7 64. Script Editor works fine - GUI however shows following error:

TARGET.png

Any ideas as to how to get it up and running?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still no luck I'm afraid:

Installed TARGET on Win7 64. Script Editor works fine - GUI however shows following error:

Any ideas as to how to get it up and running?

I'm also getting the same. Tried running as admin, but no joy. Might try and report it to the tm bug forum...

Script editor seems ok here as well.

Someone doubted me that the issue for late release was the software. I sayd it...and sayd it again. TARGET will be TARGETED as the fubar factor for some time.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Well, just so people believe I have it running on Win 7 64-bit here's a shot of the desktop showing TARGET and SysInfo. I did nothing special on the install and there were no failures or crashes of any type -- I do have UAC turned off. Sorry, I know that is little help.

TARGETDesktop.jpgTARGETDesktop.jpg

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

Dude nobody think you where lying. Maybe UAC off is a factor i always turn it off cause its a factor in many other games/applications.

Works nice for me as well. No problems here on Win7 64bit.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Works nice for me as well. No problems here on Win7 64bit.

UAC on or off ?