CDU View?

Mule

I have been learning how to use the CDU from the manual. I use Track IR and i find the view and inputting both awkward. Is there a set view of the CDU from within the sim that would be of more use? I have searched around here but can't find anything. Also there is a good view of CDU inputs from one of WAG'S vids does anyone know how to get that.

I hope this makes sense?

I have been learning how to use the CDU from the manual. I use Track IR and i find the view and inputting both awkward. Is there a set view of the CDU from within the sim that would be of more use? I have searched around here but can't find anything. Also there is a good view of CDU inputs from one of WAG'S vids does anyone know how to get that.

I hope this makes sense?

Something that helped me with TrackIR was getting used to jabbing the F9 key... Using TrackIR to swing your view about is great, but when you want to concentrate on a particular display, freezing the input is invaluble.

I wanted to do the same thing with BlackShark and acheived it with S77th-ReOrdain's help.

Here's his post.

Now (in Blackshark) I can say View ABRIS (using voice activated commands, which executes CTRL+kp0 then kp3) and I have a perfect zoomed in view of my ABRIS which still gives me access to the FSKs. I also did this with the IT23 (to CTRL+kp0, then kp2.. activated via voice).

I've not been able to use the method in the above post to do this in DCS:A-10C, though the commands are the same as in KA-50. I'm sure it's either a known bug, or a WIP. If someone is able to get custom views to work please post your method.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Something that helped me with TrackIR was getting used to jabbing the F9 key... Using TrackIR to swing your view about is great, but when you want to concentrate on a particular display, freezing the input is invaluble.

Seems wags has the smoothest trackIR I've ever seen. Wags what is the secret? I've messed with curves/deadzones/smooth/progressive you name.

Ok heres how to change the view angles for the snapviews. Bear in mind that this being a Beta Wags has already stated that modding files is a no no.

1) Back up "DCS A-10C Beta\Config\View" folder.

2) Open DCS A-10C Beta\Config\View\View.lua with notepad++ and set "UseDefaultSnapViews" on line 50 to false, save and exit.

3) Open DCS A-10C Beta\Config\View\Snapviews.lua with notepad++. The A10C has the plane index 11 and the snapview index is the KP_No.+1 so 3 in the case of the CDU. I changed the value of line 970 from 19.something to 29.something which gives a fairly good view of the screen and keyboard. :)

• Like 1

Ok heres how to change the view angles for the snapviews. Bear in mind that this being a Beta Wags has already stated that modding files is a no no.

2) Open DCS A-10C Beta\Config\View\View.lua with notepad++ and set "UseDefaultSnapViews" on line 50 to false, save and exit.

3) Open DCS A-10C Beta\Config\View\Snapviews.lua with notepad++. The A10C has the plane index 11 and the snapview index is the KP_No.+1 so 3 in the case of the CDU. I changed the value of line 970 from 19.something to 29.something which gives a fairly good view of the screen and keyboard. :)

awesome awesome awesome thanks very much worked great :)

The thing is ALT+kpd0 is supposed tomake changes in that lua file. Perhaps in a future beta build it will.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

EXCELLENT! Now tell me: is there a way to put a snapview in to a dedicated display (or change the said snapview to another one in the dedicated display because you don't need to look at CDU all the time)

Galwran this would be a much loved feature for pits, i would love to hear a yes,

but to my knowledge we haven't seen it done in the DCS series as yet

snap views that would display on seperate monitors would be wonderful

Edited by G3

This is already better than my previous profile, in nearly every way imaginable but out of curiosity, what speed and smoothing do you use? Also, are you using Precision mode (F10) when you record, or is your neck actually made of robot parts, enabling you almost-creepy levels of precision in your view movements?

Either way, robot-neck or no, thanks for the profile. :thumbup:

If you got a spare rotary on your stick, you might want to use like this. TIR used to zoom in / out of targets, and rotary mapped to longitudinal displacement. I also got the TIR pause and center mapped (i use the KP+ and KP-, since my throttle replaces those).

For me this way feels more natural than snap views.

N2BfF8rx9Sc

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A shot in the dark here, but... I don't have TIR... do you think it might be possible to map mousewheel up to zoom + and zoom out to mousewheel down?

Right now the zoom buttons are mapped to my stick... it's a bit cumbersome.

would like to make use of that mousewheel more efficiently and map the ils khz adjustment to other keys.

Many thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

"Operation: Bull by the Horns" "Bull Run 2.0"