Bingo Fuel - A DCS A-10C Movie

kylania

bingofuel.jpg

Bingo Fuel - A DCS A-10C Movie

This is footage from a failed mission of mine. I was having trouble finding a convoy in the urban areas and kept flying back and forth over them, but never from far enough away to find them with the TGP. So I decided to just fly straight and gain altitude and come in one more time.

As I was flying I turned away to review the CCRP steps in the manual. What I didn't realize at the time was I'd set my fuel low in the editor so I was just about to run out of fuel... at 12,000 ft! (I edited out the slow fall from 12,000 to 9800 due to artistic needs heh)

So here's the record of my plummet from on high... :pilotfly:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0WLOYMLS

[1080 HD mp4 - 6 minutes - 250MB]

Awesome landing...Congrats on this.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Nicely done:thumbup:. Good job you wern't over water, would have to have used the virtual lifejacket.

• Like 1

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

Nice landing, but with no engine power what is powering everything?

What's the very first switch you hit when you're in the cockpit?

• Like 1

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Good job, your first attempt to flare was a little early though, which nearly messed up the walk away factor:)

Also i would have cleaned up the stores much earlier, still good job :thumbup:

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

That was pretty cool but I thought the main thing about emergency landing is to do so as far away from the enemy as possible. Those REDFOR guys were probably laughing while they hurried to where you conveniently parked in the middle of the road :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

What's the very first switch you hit when you're in the cockpit?

Your right Batt power... I thought you turned that off once the generators are powered.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Master sergeant shooter sergeant important person of sergeants extreme:gun_rifle:

But you'd be fine lowering gear? ;)

Thought about it too, but since he had a steep approach, why not?

Your right Batt power... I thought you turned that off once the generators are powered.

You don't. ;)

Come let's eat grandpa!

Thought about it too, but since he had a steep approach, why not?

The gear is lowered at the beginning of the vid. He had no approach then yet ;) In this kind of a situation you assume you need all the range you could get i.e. jettison stores, flaps up, gear up, max range speed. Even doing final you do it with excessive speed just in case. You can bleed the speed later either doing S-es or forced sideslip.

The gear is lowered at the beginning of the vid. He had no approach then yet ;) In this kind of a situation you assume you need all the range you could get i.e. jettison stores, flaps up, gear up, max range speed. Even doing final you do it with excessive speed just in case. You can bleed the speed later either doing S-es or forced sideslip.

To be honest, i'm curious as to why it even extended at all, since both hydraulic systems where down.

Come let's eat grandpa!

To be honest, i'm curious as to why it even extended at all, since both hydraulic systems where down.

Me too! I thought there was an air strip just behind me I'd flown past, but it was further back than I remembered. I also thought I'd start falling muuuuch faster than I actually did, which is why I did the flaps and gear so soon. I thought I'd be down in a matter of seconds. heh

As for the OPFOR, they were just four fuel trucks I was after. I was more excited about having landed at all than anything else. I'm still trying to get a consistent hang of landings.

Nice recovery there.

Battery APU to off is what you're thinking of on startup procedure.

Now reading the manual (yes I have RTFM lol) it gives you a procedure for ditching in water, sooooo anyone tried this yet, and survived, and what does the jet do, just bob along on the beautifully rendered waves?

Windmill-Effect should provide enough hydraulic pressure to extend the gears.

I guess there is and accumulator that help lower the landing if both engine are out. This and gravitational forces together with air load will lower the landing gear.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Most aircraft with retractable U/C have uplocks which are either electrically or hyraulically removed (accumulator pressure should easily be sufficient for this). Once removed the gear freefalls.

Jettison stores = lower stalling speed & extended glide

Leave gear and flap until you are assured of landing. The usual place is around 1000ft. Obviously if well high, dump em early and use the speedbrakes, sideslip too if you need too.

Due to steeper than normal approach angle use a 2 stage flare, first at about 50ft but only flare to normal powered descent angle, second flare as usual.

Also in HOG with variable airbrakes I've had some fun setting them at half and using them as you would in a glider. Shame they're not as effective.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Also in HOG with variable airbrakes I've had some fun setting them at half and using them as you would in a glider. Shame they're not as effective.

The airbrakes won't work in manual reversion anyway.

Come let's eat grandpa!

• 2 weeks later...
Nice recovery there.

Battery APU to off is what you're thinking of on startup procedure.

Now reading the manual (yes I have RTFM lol) it gives you a procedure for ditching in water, sooooo anyone tried this yet, and survived, and what does the jet do, just bob along on the beautifully rendered waves?

I landed in the water before. It was my first every landing. Though i would think in real life that most of the time it would be better to eject than to attempt a water landing, as those are way to dangerous.

And yes i survived.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice landing due conditions!!!

Noe i though the hog would sink faster, we probably can be gratufull to the huge wings grabbing as much air as they can.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.