Lock On ATC Screen Mod II

jabog32_zillion

:)

well...

I think the reason why I keep getting asked wether it is possible to watch the radar screen and fly simultaneously or wether this is a replacement for the F10 screen is simply because people don't seem to have a clue...

what the heck this thread is all about !

It's supposed to be a standalone radar screen addon for LockOn that resembles and simulates roughly what a GCI (Ground Control Intercept) or AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System) or Tower Controller would see...

Zillion

/¸¸.¤ª“¨°¨“ª¤.¸¸¸¸.¤ª“¨°¨“ª¤.¸¸DOWNLOAD¸¸.¤ª“¨°¨“ª¤.¸¸¸¸.¤ª“¨°¨“ª¤.¸¸¸

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks cool and all, and Im sorry you keep getting asked the same questions about it . I guess most people who ask those questions havent found the reason for the mod in ten pages of posts. The radar is awesome looking, but I would rather be in the game than watching the mission unfold on a radar screen. I can see its good for a server to watch the mission take place because hes flown the mission many times and just like to watch. (is that the entire reason for makeing this ATC)?

I see the lockon tab at the bottom of one of the screen shots, is that so you can fly the sim and then Alt-Tab out to look at the radar (ATC), then click the lockon tab to go back to flying.?

Im not trying to be a jerk, call me stupid if you want, I just have missed the point of your hard work. Again it looks awesome, just what am i supposed to do with it in single player. Sorry for not understanding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

Mark, its aim as I understand it is so that someone can be part of on-line action and act as a Fighter Controller and use (eg) Teamspeak to control the aircraft on his team. Remember that an AI AWACS (when you are flying offline) won't give you anything other than details of the nearest enemy target (which may be some non threatening transport or Helo) whereas a human using this software package can replicate the real world interaction you would get with friendly radar.

You might think that would be boring and everyone would rather be flying, but some folks like the idea of operating this way.

I was surprised to find out recently that there are sh*tloads of folks who act as Virtual Air Traffic Controllers with a similar package for folks flying MSFS. Check out this link....

http://vatsim.net

Last time I looked on that site, there were about 35 controllers handling 250 aircraft

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Thanks Brit. I was missing the whole concept of the teamspeak and having both sides using this online. I was thinking it was just there for the server to see and the clients who had it could look at it from time to time durring the online play. Then I was wondering about that not being fair etc. Thanks for making it clear to me. I had no idea that AWACS type aspect of the sims had gotten to be this big.

Sorry to Zillion for aggravating you with my ignorance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

@ markriley

sorry... i didn't mean to say anything about ignorance or stupidity... I've been working on this for over a year now, and sometimes I was just puzzled about the amount of misunderstanding to what this is actually supposed to be...

That's all...

As BritRadarDude pointed out already, Teamspeak and actuall human Awacs, GCI or Tower Controllers are the main reason for this project... I should have mentioned that before.

You can see the LockOn App open in all my screenies because mostly I'm debugging that way, and it is even possible to fly and view the Radar on another Monitor (if you have two monitors) or on another LAN computer (if you have a second machine)... For this to work you have to disable the Autokick Feature, but I guess most people would consider this to be cheating.

regards

Zillion

@ markriley

sorry... i didn't mean to say anything about ignorance or stupidity...

I know you didnt say those things, and i didnt mean to imply that you did. I was just saying that you can call me anything you want to (for bugging you), just as long as I get the explination i needed.

I've read some of the other threads/projects that your involved in and i must say you are way past where I will ever be as far as modding and programming go. Thanks for your patience with me, and for you last explination of the ATC. Looking forward to the map project you and Pappavis are working on. Best of luck to you both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

• 2 months later...

K here is my question; I run the radar server set up the passwords set up the radars and hit save. Then run lockon and set up a mission with a crap load of AI, I start client type in the ip/and password; it stays at connecting for about a 30 seconds. I am thinking my problem is that I need to create login names for both, client and admin. How do I do this? Becuase it allows me to use "Controller" and I don't know if it is not logging me in becuase of an invalid login or I am just not doing somthing right. Everything is installed in my lockon dir and files are saved to my temp folder.

K here is my question; I run the radar server set up the passwords set up the radars and hit save. Then run lockon and set up a mission with a crap load of AI, I start client type in the ip/and password; it stays at connecting for about a 30 seconds. I am thinking my problem is that I need to create login names for both, client and admin. How do I do this? Becuase it allows me to use "Controller" and I don't know if it is not logging me in becuase of an invalid login or I am just not doing somthing right. Everything is installed in my lockon dir and files are saved to my temp folder.

Mhh... Normally I don't have that kind of problems...The Login Name is not important at all, it only checks the passwords. But 2 things come to my mind:

1. The password input-field in the stupid & slow java-swing GUI that I built is little wacko... Make sure to confirm your input by pressing RETURN.

2. You are trying to join the radar server while already being connected to the Game Server via Lockon and have the autokick feature enabled.

Other than these 2 options, I really don't know what is going wrong on your side... Try if you encounter the same problems with the default password...

Like woody already stated above I updated to version 1.41 you can get it here:

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=24&file=477

Thx for your comments 8)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I suggest you read the whole thread plus the included readme file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
I have write a jabog.lua witch could be use with tacview.lua, lotatc.lua etc

Just add dofile("./Config/export/jabog.lua") at the end of export.lua

Others scripts --> http://dev.3rd-wing.net/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=46&id=utiliser_plusieurs_scripts_d_export

Could you also merge your export scripts with LOVP (Lock On Virtual Panel) code, please?

I'd like to have two diffrent configurations available in export folder.

- all these working together:

LOVP export

TACVIEW export

LOTATC export

JaboG32_ATC export

- and all these working together (excluding LOVP and LOTATC):

TACVIEW export

JaboG32_ATC export

How do I do this? :/ I'm not a coder, help.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

:thumbup:good job, Zillion!

The excellent program, thanks huge!

But there were problems with adjustment of job of the program. The screen of the client under no circumstances does not display a mark from planes of the Russian manufacture, only USAAF. To what it can be connected and how with it to struggle? We used all modes of operations, all accessible radars, various variants connection - result one, negative. Unfortunately, programmers among us no, something therefore is possible we have lost from a kind.:cry:

P.S.: I am sorry for quality of speech, it is the interpreter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

omg... will they ever release black shark or what ? I was actually thinking to do a radar simulation based on irrlicht engine some time much much later... maybe raycasts after all... if anything here would happen at all.

HELLO ED :) WE LIKE YOUR WORK !!! RUSSIAN AIRPLANES ROCK !!! GIVE US THE HELICOPTERS AND 6DOF COCKPITS !!! ENJOY YOUR SUMMER !!!

but motivation comes and falls, we all know that...

:)