Lock On ATC Screen Mod II

jabog32_zillion

Doug, can you try to tell me exactly what you did ?

Try to follow these steps exactly...

1. Unzip the the ATC.zip

2. open a command shell

3. cd to your /something/something/ATC directory

4. type: java CommServer 4242

The Java Server should start running on port 4242...

If it fails, download the Java Runtime Environment.

Insert the Ip Address of the Computer where the Java server is running into the export.lua of your LockOn Server

Insert the Ip Address of the Computer where the Java server is running into the Flash Client Textfield named "Radar Server Ip"

Start your LockOn Server.

Start the ATC Flash Client after players have entered the mission...

if you are trying to run everything on the same machine, put 127.0.0.1 into your export.lua

You have to join a mission or have at least one airplane flying. If you dont see the "checking available players", it means the ATC programm has already found airplanes...

If you don't want to use AWACS, simpy press start after choosing red or blue or fun mode.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see at all why we shouldnt use AWACS planes or any other radars that provide in game AWACS uplink... It's most realistic. But if ur tired of hearing everything twice simply replace your wav files and disable the subtitles, if thats possible. The uplink will stop for you, and the radar for the controller once the AWACS is down... Another way is to select the A50, E-3A, E-2C but give it a task of "nothing", it wont say a word, nor will the uplink work...

Maybe i dont understand you, but what is the problem about it...

i dont see at all why we shouldnt use AWACS planes or any other radars that provide in game AWACS uplink... It's most realistic. But if ur tired of hearing everything twice simply replace your wav files and disable the subtitles, if thats possible. The uplink will stop for you, and the radar for the controller once the AWACS is down... Another way is to select the A50, E-3A, E-2C but give it a task of "nothing", it wont say a word, nor will the uplink work...

Maybe i dont understand you, but what is the problem about it...

Actually, it is -not- realistic. One side gets a more powerful uplink then it should. The other one doesn't even get a 'picture' call. And now on top of this we also have the stutter.

However your solution with a task of nothing sounds promising. Does it radiate? (Ie. does it show up on RWR?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

doug, that is the starting position... All planes start moving after about 4 updates later when the array of histories for each plane has its minimum length of 5 updates. little bit more patience you will need...

And... You dont need to press the AWACS button.... It is in fact OPTIONAL...

Anyway, I did quite some tests yesterday again, and think after all that even if all AI units always show smooth histories, multiplayer pilots are also able to do so. The problem seems to be more theJavaServer i am using than any edgy loops in the export.lua like i assumed yesterday. After starting and restarting the java server everything seems to run smooth for real pilots aswell, for about 15 minutes, when it starts to get out of tune again. Therefore i am searching for some alternative. And will try implement it as fast as possible.

Maybe i should ask Brothers31 if he can give me a small version of his backend, providing it runs more reliable and i cant find anything more stable myself... It's just not worth putting all the time to this project if i can't get it running properly and continously...

so far, wish me luck, it think it would be worh it

zillion

doug, that is the starting position... All planes start moving after about 4 updates later when the array of histories for each plane has its minimum length of 5 updates. little bit more patience you will need...

And... You dont need to press the AWACS button.... It is in fact OPTIONAL...

Anyway, I did quite some tests yesterday again, and think after all that even if all AI units always show smooth histories, multiplayer pilots are also able to do so. The problem seems to be more theJavaServer i am using than any edgy loops in the export.lua like i assumed yesterday. After starting and restarting the java server everything seems to run smooth for real pilots aswell, for about 15 minutes, when it starts to get out of tune again. Therefore i am searching for some alternative. And will try implement it as fast as possible.

Maybe i should ask Brothers31 if he can give me a small version of his backend, providing it runs more reliable and i cant find anything more stable myself... It's just not worth putting all the time to this project if i can't get it running properly and continously...

so far, wish me luck, it think it would be worh it

zillion

Hi,

If i can help, no pb for me :) But do not ask me for Java :confused:

I can make a special version of the server for you and/or directly send you source (C++)

byby

Hi,

If i can help, no pb for me :) But do not ask me for Java :confused:

I can make a special version of the server for you and/or directly send you source (C++)

byby

How about trying to compile your source in Visual Studio2003.NET to make your code a dotnet-project?? I'd LOOOVE that :P

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

How about not. .NET is not only a huge gaping hole, it's also a huge gaping download that not everyone may want or even may be able to use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi again,

We did some more testing and i hope our squad will settle on using the java CommServer on the same machine as the lockon server, putting our export.lua on 127.0.0.1.... Because it runs much better :)

Brothers31, kind of you and thank you for your offer...

I dont know if you know what a Flash Socket requires... If you want to help me i would be more than happy to test your solid c++ server for my project. In Flash all Comms go via a so called XML Object, that means that our export sting is tagged in XML tags... Like so:

socket.try(c:send(string.format("<P>%d</P><M>%.2f:%s:%s:%f:%f:%f</M>\0", k, t, v.Name, v.Coalition, v.LatLongAlt.Lat, v.LatLongAlt.Long, v.LatLongAlt.Alt)))

The end of a string is terminated by a null character \0...

We can use ANY simple multithreading broadcast server that sends all recieved data back to all connected clients except back to the lockon server thread, because that seems to crash lockon after some time...

If you could provide something like that to us, as I said i would be really happy to try it.

GGTharos, I respect your opinions, sometimes somehow i cant agree and neither dot.net nor java nor flash is a "gaping hole"... start some coding, do something creative and judge if you know what you are saying, too much critisism on things you dont seem to know makes you look little pathetic... ;)

I used 3424 lines of code on this project and I saw it running well after all, still think it looks pretty much like this or this

which is a real recording from munich airport provided by JaBoG32_Woody who works there...

So if, whoever is interested in playing a simulation, wants to try it. The first version i can gurantee to work pretty OK is here for

DOWNLOAD

Known issues:

- The checking players can run forever if the player who sent the first data disconnects while the checking is in progress

- The histories can mess up if you have a slow server/java server

- The name can mess up for unknown reasons

- Some players may not show at all...

- Players will sit between the Krim peninsula and Ukraine for 25 seconds before they start moving, this is normal and not a BUG

Read Readme...

For now thats all...

will be back when its rock solid or new features are implemented, or, if Brothers31 makes a nice server for me...

Zillion

It may or may not affect you; not my problem, but unlike Java, not everyone can run .NET last I checked (And int he case that a linux computer is available, you can't easily run .NET programs there, either, even though a CLI is available - but you'd have to compile without the MS specific extensions)

Anyway, has anyone through of implementing terrain masking? I know someone who did, but I can no longer reach him via email (specifically, he hasn't answered, which implies to me he's either not interested any more, or too busy)

About the player name being corrupted, have you tried running output on the server to check if it's getting currupted there already, or wether it happens just on the client? (The XML may be getting messed up).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

dont take it personal, just i haven't seen anything from you except for requests and criticism... sometimes very constructive criticism, sometime not...

and terrain masking in my opinion could only be simulated very roughly if at all, because we dont have terrain data or occlusion radar collision data...

what we could do is try to define areas of mountain valleys and simultaneously check altitude... really got your words in a wrong throat before, sry for picking.

maybe you should ask the person you know, how he did it...

|

|

|

\/

thx, me neither... in fact i'm quite happy some ppl are interested at all

dont take it personal, just i haven't seen anything from you except for requests and criticism... sometimes very constructive criticism, sometime not...

Don't worry, I'm fine, my ears aren't steaming or anything, and your'e right, I focus on criticizing too much. Anyway, I don't mean to detract from people's good work, and I think both your and Brothers' projects are very successful.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ni screenes Zillion ... could you explain the operation a bit?

I see there are some numebrs appearing and issapearing int he first screens (the bearing/heading? - in red) and I'm also intereested in your 'send' feature. What does it do? Does it work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and terrain masking in my opinion could only be simulated very roughly if at all, because we dont have terrain data or occlusion radar collision data...

what we could do is try to define areas of mountain valleys and simultaneously check altitude... really got your words in a wrong throat before, sry for picking.

maybe you should ask the person you know, how he did it...

|

|

|

\/

thx, me neither... in fact i'm quite happy some ppl are interested at all

Wrong throat? Wrong impression? :)

About radar LOS: Yeah, he did it by getting a DEM file for the LOMAC area, so he actually has a very accurate 3D map which he can use to calculate radar LOS. Obviously this would make it a very accurate RADAR LOS simulation but unfotnately I can't get in touch with him :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

check page 2 of this thread for an explanation of the functions... :)

About the processing of Digital Elevation Maps, I think they far off my own and flashs capabilities... sry to say so.

edit:

The red numbers on the green line are in fact not documented...

It's the ruler option. Press "R" to activate the normal ruler and "B" for the Bullseye ruler. Left side is heading, right side is distance. Default is KM, switch it to miles with the Imperial button...

You mean a message private :) ?

Yes Thanks i got it...

Do not touch to ServerSocket (BTW you must change you export.lua to remove XML tag)

Modify clientsocket to export data with your XML tag.

Regards,

How can i modify the client-socket without source code ?

I was busy working on my own server meantime... It's written in Java and seems to work very well by now, provided it runs on the same host as the lockon server, same as in LOTATC... It also works if its run on another host just the history symbols seem to lag little in that case...

So I think i stick to my java server... Anyway thx alot again for your offer !!!

:)

regards,

Zillion

After things have become very stable and I have moved to a 2 second intervall, I am now about to implement the local-mode based on the radar types available in LockOn.

I am going to implement the:

-AWACS A-50 Mainstay which will cover the whole area

-AWACS E-3 Sentry which will cover the whole area

-AWACS E-2C which will cover the whole area

-S300 64H6E with a detection Range of 200 km

-S300 40B6MD with a detection Range of 120 km

-1L13 EWR with a detection Range of 120 km

-55G6 EWR with a detection Range of 120 km

-9S117M1 (Buk Search Radar) with a detection Range of 100 km

-9S86 (Dog Ear Radar) with a detection Range of 35 km

Additionally all airports are optionally selectable with a

-RLS PRW-37 with a detection Range of 390 km

Aircraft outside the circular detection radius will not be drawn, scrolling the map or zooming out to far will be impossible. With a pop menu the controller will be able to jump from one location to the next.

All Radars are selectable, means they will only be detecting things if the controller selects them in the options menu before joining the game. Of course all radars will aswell be destroyable, so obviously the won't work if they are destroyed. After setting the radar options the controller will not be able to change them without rejoining. All other controllers will be informed about the radar options one chooses, so cheating will be impossible.

If anyone has some suggestions or corrections please let me know.

Zillion

I am going to implement the:

-AWACS A-50 Mainstay which will cover the whole area

-AWACS E-3 Sentry which will cover the whole area

-AWACS E-2C which will cover the whole area

-S300 64H6E with a detection Range of 200 km

-S300 40B6MD with a detection Range of 120 km

-1L13 EWR with a detection Range of 120 km

-55G6 EWR with a detection Range of 120 km

-9S117M1 (Buk Search Radar) with a detection Range of 100 km

-9S86 (Dog Ear Radar) with a detection Range of 35 km

¿Do you'll maintain the angular apertures of each radar or will the awacs planes be "omiscent" and see right above and below them? Just keep the "rotating cone" phisics, I'll want to hide somewhere :D :D

In the awacs screen you can update the contats in a stepping maner that will be nice.

And ¿can you work a little -even doing yourself- and calculate if a target can be seen by an Awacs? with its radar cross section and reflectancy (calculating aspect, distance and target size, not very dificult to do. And invisible planes should be invisible till almost visual range of the awacs).

Anyway, thanx for your good work. :D :D