SU25T optimal turn

Hiya guys,

I have been happily been flying around in the SU25T enjoying the experience I must say, I think ive learnt pretty much everything about flying the plane in the sim.

But there is one thing that is bugging me, I fly the plane as if it were a Jumbo Jet with teeth, very long turns and leaving alot of space for manuvers, which makes fighting in valleys somewhat difficult. The reason I do this is I just feel like the plane needs alot of TLC in a turn and cant be flung around like the SU25.

I want to know am I being daft, or can this plane do alot more than what I am currently getting out of it?

If some would could post how to get the best turn out of the plane when loaded with weapons that would be brilliant.

"I love smashing the crap out of those buggers on the ground who keep making a beeping sound on my RWR..... the bells the bells!!!!!!.... erm yeah.... I like destroying SAM sites, thats the main point"

Take a look at the Su25T aerobatics track, it is manouverable when its carrying alot less weight.
I have already looked at this and I understand the concept of more weight > less manouverablity. But thank you anyway. :)

Get speed before you turn. Dive and pop up and get this fat pig around !
This is a very good way of doing things only problem I have is if you judge it wrong or hesitate you will fall out of the sky like a brick :). I will try it with the SU25T when I get back home today and see if I can get it to do this little trick, I can see this being useful in tight spaces like valleys as I mentioned. Thank you :)

Also I agree the AFM is excellent, a much better feel to the aircraft, would be excellent if all the aircraft had it, but im happy with what we have got!

"I love smashing the crap out of those buggers on the ground who keep making a beeping sound on my RWR..... the bells the bells!!!!!!.... erm yeah.... I like destroying SAM sites, thats the main point"

For very tight turns, i build up speed, Lower flaps all the way, and use the rudder like I've never used it before.

The only problem I have is that then tend to be too close to a target especially if I'm using missiles - cannons are much easier to get on target though. I need more patience.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Ahh good point zoomboy some flaps might help, do you find this encourages a little more instability in the aircrafts flight?

Ive always been concerned about using the rudders, trying not to spin the plane, but from what you have said it appears that you need to use alot of rudder in a turn, excellent! thank you for your response! :)

On the point of being close to the target, I often find to gain an optimal missile position you do need to be patient and egress a about 10 - 15km and setup for another attack run, this gives you plenty of room for a multiple vikhr strike, and then you can get several in one run. Go for the AA units first, and then once your out of vikhr, the rocket and gun attack will be childs play.

Ive probably said much more than I needed to there and you probably already knew those tactics :) but I though I would say anyway

One little not, when having some speed and deploying flaps before a pull, make sure you don't over G, otherwise you'll be laft with a nasty surprise, and will have to fly the su-25T like a model airplane (no aillerons) and you can't deploy the gear either after that "trick" (read wing trimming), so you'll end up burning if you're lucky.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Another trick to pimp up the Su-25T is to remove the external jammers. They create very much drag.

I just flew the Su-25T with a decent loadout of 4 RBK-500 at 950 kph at ground level. The additional speed grants a much higher surviveability than the jammers.

To shoot more than one vikhr, be at a reasonable distance, find a target and note in your head the locations of other targets around your current one, then when your in launch range fire one missile every 5 seconds until you get your first target impact, then quickly slew the locking gate and set another target, when this is hit move to the next and so on, repeat this until all of the missiles you just launched have either hit or missed their targets.

If you still have missiles, leave the target area to about 15km and swing in again to launch another salvo. Although I agree this method is a knack and takes some getting used to.

Also to your point force feedback, just dont over G or generate too much AoA in general regardless of the situation :)

I almost never can shoot more than one Vikhr on a pass. Maybe i should train more !

Try this:

If you have multiple targets close to eachother (a convoy for example) get some distance (10-15km) and setup your attack. Use autopilot with attitude hold and lock the first target. Shoot a Vikhr and 7 to 10s later shoot another and so on (but don't shoot more that 3 or 4). When the first one hits quikly move your laser designator to the next target (the second Vikhr will turn). Do this until your 4 Vikhr hit their targets.

Do this only if the targets are close to eachother or else the missiles won't be able to follow the laser.

I almost never can shoot more than one Vikhr on a pass. Maybe i should train more !

When attacking a convoy I slow down my speed to about 290km/u, then launch Vikhrs with 4 seconds intervals. That is good for 3 or 4 kills before the laser is overheated. If u have Kh-29T's then one can destroy 6 or 7 groundunits which are in close proximity in a single pass.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

There's a short track (no voiceover) on the V1.1 side of my Ironhand site demonstrating the general method SAM-Smasher, juan_mol, and pappavis are referring to. You might want to take a quick look.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 2 weeks later...

Using the instant-fly Su-25T mission as an example, I find that it's much easier to attack the convoy from the rear using Vikhrs, than it is to attack from the side. I find that I need at least 5 - 7 seconds for a Vikhr to settle down on a target, and the more I have to move the designator, the more likely it is that the Vikhr will not be able to spiral in towards the target such that it will be able to hit it. Thus, coming from behind, you only have to move the designator a short distance straight up, and the missile has a much easier time switching targets. The only drawback I find w/ this method is that it can be harder to pick out individual targets in the convoy (such as targeting the Vulcan vehicle, which is smack-dab in the middle of the convoy. Nonetheless, using this method, I can reliably hit and kill the Vulcan, the three M-109s in front of it, and the Hummer at the fore with five missiles before the LD overheats. I also find it helps to kill targets in the convoy from back-to-front, as the remaining vehicles will therefore not have to maneuver around the wreckage in front of them, and possibly throwing off your aim, or the Vikhr itself, when you're switching targets.

Rudders are a Must

Don't be wary of using the rudders in the Su-25T, it skids/slips very bad in a turn if you don't use rudders to corect for it and this exposes much more surface area to drag therefore slowing the plane immensely in a turn. Use you rudders to "step on the ball" in the turn and slip indicator until the ball is centered and you'll find the T performs much better in a turn. With the original flight model you could pretty much always fly with your feet on the floor but not with the AFM, now rudders are a must to perform coordinated turns.