X52pro Drop Check

Thanks Sid.

The answer is in post #32

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1010426&postcount=32

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 2 months later...

Many thanks for this great profile, am a total newbie to DCS A-10 so finding your profile to use was a bonus, I used to play FC and the profile I made for that was rubbish.

I do have a question about the individual modes though, to aid me in my learning of your profile, as I'm also in the process of learning about the sim itself, instead of having just `mode1, 2 or 3` appearing on the x52 mfd it would be helpful it each mode was labelled to better identify it's main role, i.e. navigation, combat etc.

Edit : Not sure if I'm missing something but I can't find any reference to the `boat switch` in your profile, from the reading I've done in the manual that appears to be an important function to have, feel free to tell me if I'm wrong though, am still learning this complex sim!

Edited by Smartie

• 1 month later...

I moved boat switch to the toggles (lower switches) on the front of the stick. They're not really time critical functions. The modes are split as follows:

MODE1: Weapons/Battle Critical

MODE2: Avionics/Autopilot

MODE3: Startup/Takeoff

The modes aren't really a problem after you use it a bit. Before I mess with avionics, for instance, I check mode2 without thinking.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much for this profile. I just picked up DCS A-10C and this helps a lot. My X52 has lost it's pinkie switch functionality (it is always on in the test panel) and I needed a base profile that doesn't use it as a modifier. This use of the several modes is a step in the right direction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

When I downloaded the profile in the first post it came through empty. I went through and mapped the stick with many of the same locations as you had listed and tweaked some for my style. So all-in-all, it worked out. Thank you again for the ideas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I downloaded the file and reviewed it. It is populated with data

[actioncommand=a83013d0-0179-47b5-89ea-cbd02e5f8dd4 name='HOTAS Nosewheel Steering Button'
     [actionblock
       [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000049 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]

If you have the non-pro version of the X52 you have to convert this profile using a method in a previous post in this thread.

Luck to you, and fair skies

If you have the non-pro version of the X52 you have to convert this profile using a method in a previous post in this thread.

Luck to you, and fair skies

That would definitely be the case. I stopped reading through the thread after a few pages and that's what I get. I'm actually happy that it didn't plug-and-play as it allowed me to change a few things to my style and the fact that I don't have a pinky button anymore.

HAHA, the same problem is on the top of this page. Yeah, there's my sign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for posting this profile StrongHarm, it really works and flows well.

I do however have an issue with the flaps and it's a weird issue... When I press the flaps down or flaps up nothing happens. The SST shows the commands and I'm in the proper mode (3) yet nothing fires. I've verified that the key binds in the SST Shift+f and f are assigned within the game but nothing happens...

Occasionally down flaps works but the up-flaps produces the same result as down like it's not sending the shift along with the f

Any run into this before or have a thought as to what the cause might be?

Thanks in advanced.

i7-8700K @ 5GHz || 32GB || GTX2080FTW || Win10 || HP Reverb || TMWH || Saitek Combat Pedals

JTF 501st

Make sure you're in the third mode. Also see if you're leaving air brakes switch open. This is a rigged continuous input as it's an axis emulation. No other button input works while operating air brake. I used to do it all the time. Open the brakes then recenter switch. You may want to add a larger dead zone to it if necessary.

Thanks so much for posting this profile StrongHarm, it really works and flows well.

I do however have an issue with the flaps and it's a weird issue... When I press the flaps down or flaps up nothing happens. The SST shows the commands and I'm in the proper mode (3) yet nothing fires. I've verified that the key binds in the SST Shift+f and f are assigned within the game but nothing happens...

Occasionally down flaps works but the up-flaps produces the same result as down like it's not sending the shift along with the f

Any run into this before or have a thought as to what the cause might be?

Thanks in advanced.

Make sure you're in the third mode. Also see if you're leaving air brakes switch open. This is a rigged continuous input as it's an axis emulation. No other button input works while operating air brake. I used to do it all the time. Open the brakes then recenter switch. You may want to add a larger dead zone to it if necessary.

That was it... :doh:

A larger deadzone will certainly help with making this less of an issue, thank you for the suggestion and again thanks for such a great profile.

i7-8700K @ 5GHz || 32GB || GTX2080FTW || Win10 || HP Reverb || TMWH || Saitek Combat Pedals

JTF 501st

I have the brakes on the linear thumb slider on the throttle. On mine it only locks you out when deploying brakes. On brake retraction things still work. Which is handy when landing as I tend to land with a fair bit of air-brake and when retracting them on the runout I don't have to let up on the wheel brake.

But as above my zones are 10-80-10 with the dead zone occupying 80% of the sliders range. I've found that the least likely setup to incur accidental manipulation.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

• 7 months later...

Hey that is a cool Diagram of your X52 and the button call outs. Is there a template to that so i can apply changes to it for my own profile? while of course refering to you as the creator. It would help me remember where i programed functions.

Key

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7-7700K 4.5 Ghz AMD Vega 56 64GB DDR4 3200 500 GB WD Black NVME M.2 X4 SSD

• 2 months later...

From a previous post:

With these settings, I was able to AAR full tanks twice in a row with no disconnects. I have more precise control over the Hawg and I don't over extend my flight surfaces when hard maneuvering.

Options > Controls > Axis

I use the same settings for both X and Y axees. You may have to tweak these numbers to your personal taste.

axisTune.jpg

• 2 months later...

Nice work!

Excellent work on the profile and related diagram. Very good of you to share so freely. I am a big believer in tight documentation, so my hope is to be able to give back to the group when (if??) I ever get my head around this app (and overcome my persistant problems with Saitek apps and drivers!).

Pierce

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz | Gigabyte GTX660 2GB GDDR5 | ASUS P8Z77-VLX | Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 KHz | WD 2TB WD20EARX |

Kingston SSDNow 2.5" 120GB SATA III | LG SATA DVD±RW 22x DUAL | Corsair Vengeance K90 Keyboard / M65 Laser Mouse | 40” Samsung LED.

Thank you sgmI0. Here's some from in an earlier post about overcoming issues with Saitek drivers:

I received a PM concerning a persistent H key after loading the profile. Thought I'd answer here for everyone's benefit.

The Saitek controllers have dirty pots (bleck!). You'll notice if you open your Saitek Control Panel (rightclick controller in systray, click control panel, then click deadzones tab) that the indicators are wobley. Set your deadzones as follows and you shouldn't have any more stuck key problems.

saitekDeadZones.png

As for other mouse and keyboard problems, the Saitek Service called 'Saitek Direct Output' takes over your mouse and keyboard and filters the input/output. It's super buggy. To turn it off do the following:

* start > run > type services.msc > enter

* find 'Saitek Direct Output' > enter properties

* Change startup to disabled

* Click ok

* Right click on service and select STOP

It won't start up again on boot, and you'll avoid the many problems caused by it.

Edited by StrongHarm

• 2 weeks later...

Strongharm,

First of all, I wish to thank you for creating this profile. It has made my A-10 playtime so much more fun (asking with my purchase of the x52 pro hotas).

My question to you is about the trim set on the rotary dials. Do you still use them? I have had a difficult time using them. I have created the appropriate dead zones to stop the profile from reacting to the jitters showing up on those dials but it still seems that the game over reacts to my use of the dial. I gather from what I see the profile doing that you are suppose to turn the dial slightly and then return the dial to center position. Is that a fair statement? If so, would it behoove me to introduce a pause in there so it does keep sending the trim command repeatly as fast as it seems to be? I base this assertion on the results I see in the profile testing I perform.

I'm now using a WH HOTAS, so I forget the specifics, but I believe I used stick to trim more than the dials:

I've set the clutch button (see diagram) to "stick to trimmer" mode within the sim (black lettering, see key) rather than the Saitek profile. In effect, you hold "stick to trimmer" then move your flight stick in the direction you want more trim. I've become accustomed to it and actually prefer it over the rotaries now.

I don't know if they plan on allowing axis assignments for trim in the future, but I'm not sure I'll use it if they do.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm not sure what you mean. This profile uses the Saitek SST software to bind the controller to the appropriate keyboard commands. The LUA files shouldn't need to be altered. There are a few commands which require you to set it up in game in the controller setup. They're color coded black as the diagram states. Did this answer your question?

Where are the LUA files sourced? I haven't been successful in finding where these files originally come from. The LUA files seem to be the key from what I can ascertain on binding the game to the controller.