View panning speed

ESzczesniak

Is there a way to change the panning speed for the camera view? I have the camera view mapped to a HAT switch (TrackIR is on the list, but after pre-ordering the TM Warthog, it'll be a little bit) and the camera view pans very quickly. I'd like to slow the speed down 30-50% so that I can more reasonable use the HAT switch.

You did use the "slow" view keystroke? IIRC there were two different options in the keystrokes. I could be wrong as I didn't mess with views since I'm a TIR user.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

You did use the "slow" view keystroke? IIRC there were two different options in the keystrokes. I could be wrong as I didn't mess with views since I'm a TIR user.

I tried that and the "slow" option uses incremental view angles (i.e. snaps for 0 to 45 degrees or whatever). I was hoping for a panning effect.

I really should probably just sort out whatever issues I need to get TrackIR to work on 64 bit systems (not to mention actually buying it).

Is there a way to change the panning speed for the camera view? I have the camera view mapped to a HAT switch (TrackIR is on the list, but after pre-ordering the TM Warthog, it'll be a little bit) and the camera view pans very quickly. I'd like to slow the speed down 30-50% so that I can more reasonable use the HAT switch.

Try editing View.lua in the Config\View folder. Specifically try changing Lines 45-48. Back up first!

Nate

I find that it's easier to use the mouse panning function (Alt C), programmed to a joystick button for camera views. I also have the 'slow zoom' in and out control programmed to joystick buttons so that I can use a combination of the two functions simultaneously to look anywhere.

I find that it's easier to use the mouse panning function (Alt C), programmed to a joystick button for camera views. I also have the 'slow zoom' in and out control programmed to joystick buttons so that I can use a combination of the two functions simultaneously to look anywhere.

Yes, that is how I WOULD prefer, and do use with Black Shark. However, when doing this inside A-10, we lose the "clickable" cockpit. With Black Shark, I use nothing but the virtual pit (alt+c).

I hope someone can answer the question..... Will this change after the beta version and/or is there a chance this will be implemented later ?

Edited by Soundman

Asus P6T Deluxe - I7 960 - Win7 64 - 6 Gigs Kingston HyperX Memory DDR3/1800MHz - Kingston SSD (solid state drive) - Radeon HD 5870