How's multiple JDAMs handled?

zakobi

• ED Team

Hi Headspace

Very surprised as to how quickly you have learnt how to fly and use A10C systems. Suspect you may have some prior experience!

A suggestion:- IRONHAND set up a very useful website for LOMAC, but he has now departed for new ventures.

Can you set up a website for DCS:A10C showing your vids?

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Hi Headspace

Very surprised as to how quickly you have learnt how to fly and use A10C systems. Suspect you may have some prior experience!

A suggestion:- IRONHAND set up a very useful website for LOMAC, but he has now departed for new ventures.

Can you set up a website for DCS:A10C showing your vids?

I'm flattered you think so. While I do have some real life flying experience (and even some PIC time) I'm not a professional pilot nor have I ever flown an A-10.

Right now the vids are hosted in their own youtube channel (I created a thread that got moved to the video section for announcements). As they grow in number, I may elect to host them on their own site.

• Like 1

Idd, Would love to see more vidoes from you headspace! (If you got some spare time).

Really find it useful when someone explains everything so clearly ;) Very well done

Same here, your video had me dropping multiple JDAMs in minutes. Plus I learnt a lot about the CDU. Top stuff :thumbup:

Edited by CrashEd

Nice vid Headspace. Thank you. +1 :thumbup:

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have tried this method and have done very well, I was wondering how well this "new flight plan" method would work if the targets are not aligned with each other in a straight line.

I've also wondered about this and what impact it will have on accuracy. I may have to try it out using a grid of vehicles, picking various ones at random locations.

MOAHAHAHAHAHA! (or something like that).

After about 4 hours of testing i finally accomplished this exciting thingy.

Here's how i did it (and got it working).

1. Point track on first tank.

2. TMS Right (to create mark A)

3. Slew to next tank.

4. TMS right to mark it as B (you don't have to redo point track)

5. Slew to third tank.

6. TMS right to mark it as C.

7. Switch STEER PT dial to MARK from FLT PLAN.

8. Select 3 GBU-38's.

9. Make sure you have M ARM ON and that you are in CCRP mode.

10. Make HUD SOI (coolie hat fwd short)

11. Make sure you can cycle marks with DMS forward short/aft. Select A.

12. When MAN release is displayed in the lower left part of the hud. HOLD DOWN Weapon release button until is released.

13. DMS forward short to cycle to mark B.

14. Hold down weapon release again.

and continue to drop and cycle marks until everything is dropped and egress.

Easy as pie! And no need to make a new fpl on the fly. Even though that method can be good if you have multiple arrays of targets.

EDIT: Make sure SPI is at steerpoint!! (TMS AFT LONG)

I can post a track if someone is interested.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Can some one help me out plz, when ever i drop jdams thay all fall on the same target, i have followed Headspaces video and Kylania PDF to the letter but thay still alway hit the same target.

I don't have a HOTAS stick so i have remaped TMS right (right + lctrl) to one of the buttons on my stick is tms right short the same as tms right ?

Can some one help me out plz, when ever i drop jdams thay all fall on the same target, i have followed Headspaces video and Kylania PDF to the letter but thay still alway hit the same target.

Spend some more time understanding how the SPI changes. Remember that you're dropping the JDAMs on your SPI, not your waypoint; you're only using waypoints as a convenient way to change the location of the SPI. The SPI is indicated by the "wedding cake" symbol on the TAD. Make sure you've used TMS AFT LONG to set the current steerpoint as your SPI, and double-check that it moves when you select a new waypoint. If it's not sitting on top of your current waypoint (and jumping when you change waypoint) then it's not set properly.

is tms right short the same as tms right ?

Yes, most of the HOTAS controls have a short and a long version. The only difference is the amount of time you hold the button down for. The easiest way to see this is with the Coolie hat. A short press left/right will cycle that MFCD to the next mode. A long press left/right will make that MFCD the SOI. (Only the TAD, Mav and TGP can become the SOI, and the latter two only when they're powered on and showing video.)

The TGP can be on. But after you are done marking your targets. Press TMS Aft long. That will move your SPI to your steerpoint. When you approach your targets, cycle through your marks. And check that you can see the SPI line extend from the marks as you cycle them.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

• 1 month later...
Press TMS Aft long.

Perhaps I've been missing this too. Will try when I get home. :joystick:

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

When I set targets only with Mark (TMS right) I have no problem destroying them (OK, bombs always falls few feet right). But when I create new flight plan all bombs fall to one point. With DMS up I change points and in HUD I can see that Marks are changing from A to D.

When I have to press TMS Aft long? After marking targets?

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

Ok. Now I think I've got it. Just before bombing run, when Mark A selected and HUD as SOI I must pres TMS Aft long.

Ok. Now I think I've got it. Just before bombing run, when Mark A selected and HUD as SOI I must pres TMS Aft long.

Yes, and just to complete your understanding, that action (TMS AFT LONG with the HUD as the SOI) causes your steerpoint to become the SPI. That way the steerpoint is what your bombs will be aiming for, rather than whatever your previous SPI was pointing at.

• Like 1

Yes, and just to complete your understanding, that action (TMS AFT LONG with the HUD as the SOI) causes your steerpoint to become the SPI. That way the steerpoint is what your bombs will be aiming for, rather than whatever your previous SPI was pointing at.

Thank you! Somewhere I've read that TMS aft short resets SPI. And that confused me. Well, now it's really easy. Only bombs falls few meters to right, but that's already known.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread; just one question from me (for now) and its the same as Garfieldo had...how do you delete a mark point?

Thanks in advance for any help; happy to RTFM if someone had point me to the correct page, but I haven't managed to find it.

cheers

Brewber.

thank you headspace for that great video!

It worked perfectly for me, but 2 related questions arose:

1.: Say I entered 5 Mark Points into my "Target Flightplan" and only need 4 MPs, how do I erase a specific one?

2.: Can I somehow send flight plans to a human wingman, so he can use it as target guidance? Sort of like "Buddy Lasing 2.0" ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers