LockOn ATC Screen Mod

Swisstiger

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

misfit means after you click the button to stop drawing and refuse saving.

Anyway, brothers, there seem to be some problems with the clients when there are two or more clients logging into the server.

Things like labels dissapearing occur, and so on.

Also, some labels were showing up as 'x' after respawn, I think (or perhaps quit->fly in lock on)

Also it seems that terrain masking and radar horizon is not working ... perhaps this is for ships only?...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

New Feature Request for LOTATC Client

Would it be possible to make the client controls, that currently reside on the right hand side of the console, be a popup window, like the current TS window? That would allow the user to move it where it's convenient, thus giving a larger radar screen. The user could also just close the window if not needed at the current time.

Maybe a 'switch' in the top menu line that would pop up the window?

Thanks...

1Lt. Misfit

44th VFW

sig_1-32.png

Bug report for new version 0.998

First, just let me say THANK YOU for finding and fixing the 'x' problem with the displayed labels. That is working just great now.

Last night I discovered something while testing the latest release, 0.998

When clicking the 'Radars' menu item at the top of the screen, there is now no listing of radars at all. This function did work in 0.997 , and no the radars haven't been destroyed. They show up on the AWACS screen just fine, but they are not being displayed in the drop-down list.

Thanks for your continued support and development of this GREAT addition to LockOn.

1Lt. Misfit

44th VFW PAO

Jaguar Flight XO

sig_1-32.png

First, just let me say THANK YOU for finding and fixing the 'x' problem with the displayed labels. That is working just great now.

Last night I discovered something while testing the latest release, 0.998

When clicking the 'Radars' menu item at the top of the screen, there is now no listing of radars at all. This function did work in 0.997 , and no the radars haven't been destroyed. They show up on the AWACS screen just fine, but they are not being displayed in the drop-down list.

Just test it , and for me it's ok. Do you activate radar in server config ?

Thanks for your continued support and development of this GREAT addition to LockOn.

Thx :wink:

I activated 'radar view only' and it doesn't work well ... I have some 50+ 'radar' objects (large and small SAMs basically ... ) also there is no terrain masking or range limit at all ... catch me on MSN Brothers, I can give you a demo.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No radars showing in the 'drop-down' list

Brothers,

Both GGTharos and myself have verified that the radar drop down list, in the LOTATC client, remains empty even when correctly configured on the server.

Thanks again for fixing the 'x' bug. Labels are displayed flawlessy now.

1Lt. Misfit

44th VFW

sig_1-32.png

LOTATC feature request

Doug or Brothers,

I am working with GGTharos in debugging LOTATC on our server. I would like to request an additional feature for future releases.

Would it be possible to make the right side of the AWACS console, where all the switches and buttons are located, to be a popup window that actually lies on top of the radar screen? Then give the user a 'hotspot' button, or maybe a drop down menu item, that would allow the user to either have that right side window visible or not. When not displayed, you would then have a full screen radar console, and you would only have the "switch console" in view when necessary.

Just a suggestion, but an important feature.

Thank you...

44th_Misfit

44th Virtual Fighter Wing

sig_1-32.png

• 3 weeks later...

AWACS LINKED TO GAME

Brothers, here is some feedback on your latest Beta of the Server/Client 0.999a.

I launched the LOTATC server and turned off all radar except for AWACS (set to 400 km) and linked to in game AWACS. I Launched a Network mission, the default F15 COOP, and had one client join me in game and another friend launch the client LOTATC.

As usual he was able to monitor the movement of our 2 F15s from the taxiway and gave us constant updates on the threatening Su27s.

What we wanted to know was that if we shot down the AWACS would he lose the ability to see anything on the scope.

Well after dragging the enemy up to our own AWACS and then failing to protect our AWACS. A persistent Su27 (AI) shot both myself and my mate down and so we watched him close for a gun kill on the AWACS. Our other friend running the AWACS client gave us a running report on the bandits movements as we in turn told him what was happening in game. Everything that he reported as happening was exactly what we were seeing, including his spiralling death dive.

At the exact moment that he impacted with the water, he reported that he had a dead AWACS screen...no contacts.

This in my opinion is a great feature of your program and I just wanted to point it out for any who may not have been aware of it.

Keep up the good work

Killer

• 1 month later...

Brothers, how does ctrl+y work? I ahve nto been able to get it to work.

Also, when I press ctrl + n, LOTATC begins to consume all CPU time and the interface is no longer displayed properly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brothers, how does ctrl+y work? I ahve nto been able to get it to work.

You msut click in radar view first :rolleyes: ( so radar view must have the focus)

Also, when I press ctrl + n, LOTATC begins to consume all CPU time and the interface is no longer displayed properly.

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: it's true !!!!!!!!!! and i really have no idea why:confused: I Must have a look to this

I know the 44th Server has played around with LOTATC on their dedicated server, cause I was fortunate to join it one night and experience "live" AWACS support from one of the 44th members.

So now I am wondering if any of the other Servers have considered running LOTATC on their servers. Obviously it would be setup to only function whilst there was an AWACS airborne for each respective team, (a feature which is already possible in the latest release). The next step then would be, who is nominated as AWACS driver for each side as there are currently only 2 x AWACS clients slots possible, obviously one for each side.

If everyone who joins a dedicated server on Hyperlobby could be bothered to join that Servers Teamspeak server, what a unique experience they would be in for, to actually talk to the other pilots on their side and then coordinate with and via the AWACS guy.

Maybe this is all too much to expect on a 24/7 basis, but perhaps some special times could be set aside for a Red V Blue mini campaign of protect AWACs etc and where TS was now not only fun and immersive but possibly mandatory for participation.

I can hear the desiganted AWACS guy now screaming into his mic about how many fighters he can see heading his way while he is trying to vector his fighters onto them.

This is not a wish list, cause it already exists, can be done, has been done. Maybe we can use the forums here to promote the event and get ourselves sorted out first. I would do it myself but I only have 512/512 and I am thinking of a more the merrier situation.

Just gunna post this in general as well.

Killer

I'm not entirely certain'y it's all that ready for 24/7 work, but certainly it provides additional enjoyment.

(BTW, whenever it's running on the 44th server, the passwords are simple: blue for blue and red for red).

Still testing it a whole lot, there are some things that need to be done to make it better ... both on the LOTATC side and Lock On's side.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know the 44th Server has played around with LOTATC on their dedicated server, cause I was fortunate to join it one night and experience "live" AWACS support from one of the 44th members.

Can someone tell me if running LOTATC on the server requires:

EnableExportScript = true

to be enabled on the server (config.lua) ?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I welcome all! Prompt please, whether works LOTATC.NET on Russian version LockOn 1.12a? After installation LOTATC 1.0 I start a server LOTATC, but he does not find a directory LockOn, what me kindly informs. Despite of it, I start LockOn independently, I create network game and after that I start a working part LOTATC.NET. Without result. There can be I something I do incorrectly? I apologize for English.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello LUFT26,

As far as I know, Brothers31 (LOTATC programmer) didn't test it on a russian version of LockOn.

I think you've a better chance of getting an answer if you ask to Russian people if they succeed in using LOTATC.

Please check

- that the required ports for LOTATC are open (and forwarded if you're behind a router). The ports are TCP 10310 and UDP 10310.

- if you've got a firewall, it's better to activate it and set it to accept UDP 10310 than desactivate the firewall : some firewalls lock UDP connexions even if they are inactive.

- that blue & red sides passwords are set in LOTATC server. When you try to connect with LOTATC client, the soft should ask for the password.

Cheers,

Azrayen'

PS : By the way, LOTATC 1.0 is the current version. It's no more supported as Brothers stopped developpement due to personnal reasons. LOTATC.NET is the future replacement of LOTATC 1.0, it's still under developpement.

spacer.png