LockOn ATC Screen Mod

Swisstiger

>Brothers31 - 60 meters? That seems very high, equivalent to a 15 storey building?

>The ATC radars I have worked on back in the day, were on maybe 20 meter towers....

OK, 20 Meters is good for eweryone ?

>Why do the EWR's have shorter range than the SAM SR's?

>Looks liek that means the S300's detection rang e is a little too long, too.

>Either way the EWR stations according tot his should have much greater detection range.

i'm using LockOn value.... SO i'll a look to your URL and modify values

>there are some bugs, right now one I see is the vector display, it displays the wrong vector sometimes.

Witch vector do you speak about ?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>Brothers31 - 60 meters? That seems very high, equivalent to a 15 storey building?

>The ATC radars I have worked on back in the day, were on maybe 20 meter towers....

OK, 20 Meters is good for eweryone ?

>Why do the EWR's have shorter range than the SAM SR's?

>Looks liek that means the S300's detection rang e is a little too long, too.

>Either way the EWR stations according tot his should have much greater detection range.

i'm using LockOn value.... SO i'll a look to your URL and modify values

>there are some bugs, right now one I see is the vector display, it displays the wrong vector sometimes.

Witch vector do you speak about ?

The arrow between range and speed :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanks!

I have a question, did you implement radar horizon? :)

-Add LOS for all Radars ( and yes GGTharos, Patriot as only 120° detection :-))))))))))) with 6 meters elevation for sam radar and 60 meters for airport radar.

GGTharos, you don't read my post... this is cost you a beer :icon_jook :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

It's equivalent in power to the Patriot approximately, so they should have similar (but not necessarily same) performance :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Brothers31, the speed is wrong :) About 25% greater than it should be.

A quesiton for you: What formula did you use for radar horizon, and what numerb for the height of aircraft and radar? Actually perhaps you will know the radar height.

I tried an aircraft over 40nm away from Saki, and the radar horizon was below 800'! This is a little too low.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never mind, it is correct - one thing that is happening is that the fact that the radar is computed from sea level - the height I mean, adn not from ground level. But there is maybeno way to fix this right now. It's accurate enough :)

Two bugs then:

Arrow and speed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brothers31, the speed is wrong About 25% greater than it should be.

Two bugs then:

Arrow and speed.

:confused: :confused: :confused: no,no,no GGTharos the speed is 20% LESS than it should be. Speed is "ground Speed" , i things it's called TrueAirSpeed .

For arrow, i can't reproduce the bug, but i keep it open until i find it :D

BTW i find a BIG BUG in 0.99 than can crash LOTATC. Fixed in 0.991 with somes others corrections (radar range, speed ...).

No, when my GROUND Speed is 530, it's showing 680 in LOTATC :)

THe arrow points in the correst direction when going west->east, but in the wrong direction when flying east->west.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, when my GROUND Speed is 530, it's showing 680 in LOTATC :)

THe arrow points in the correst direction when going west->east, but in the wrong direction when flying east->west.

ok, i must redo this stupid speed algo calculation, but i don't have any idea of how to do. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Arrow just indicate if plane climb or down .....

Big bug:

Every client connected after the 1st gets no data.

Need fix ASAP! I fyou need demonstration of this problem contact me on MSN.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Brothers31

for speed calculation you simply take the distance between 2 updates with a phytagoras, the result in LockOn Units will be meters, then you see how many seconds have passed with the exported model time and calculate km/h from it... it should be simple...

@GGTharos

Most radar screens don't show heading, instead they show a PTL (Predicted Track Line) which is a line from the last history symbol through the contact and extending to the front. This can be of variable size, depending on the time setting... To show you where a contact will be in 30 secs, 1 min and so on, providing it will continue it's course. When flying curves the PTL will drag behind the actual heading...

@Brothers31

for speed calculation you simply take the distance between 2 updates with a phytagoras, the result in LockOn Units will be meters, then you see how many seconds have passed with the exported model time and calculate km/h from it... it should be simple...

it's exactly what i do, but to be precis, i must recalcul everery 10 seconds and in this case if the plane make a 180° for example, then the distance is bad and of course speed to :icon_redf

If the plane stay a the same speed whitout manouvre, speed is good in LOTATC

( the speed in LOTATC is NOT the speed that you see in HUD but the speed that you see in F2 view :p

when a plane is climbing 90 straight up the groundspeed equals zero... same when descending... It will get more stable but lag behind if u take 4 updates and calculate the average...

:) but in fact my groundspeeds are just fine... even if a plane is turning hard, as long as it is not turning for over 15 seconds...

But give it a rest, brothers, its same in reality...

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Version 0.994 ready Here

* Correct speed bug ( yesssssss)

* Correct bug when switch from Awacs to IlS view

* Correct bug in ILS view. Plane disappear 2 km before runway.

* Enemies color change from yellow to red

* adjust brightness of some colors

* Add function to see bearing/Range of two planes. Click 'C1' or 'C2' ( cursor

change) and select two planes.( click again to cancel selection)

* Add range launch to enemies SAM

* Add button to change brightness of map ( borderline). Multi click left for less, Multi click right for more

Bug: I can see contacts beyond radar range again ...

I have checjked 'use radar view only' and 'freemove' which is necessary when you have multiple radars.

The things you added are very good :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bug: I can see contacts beyond radar range again ...

I have checjked 'use radar view only' and 'freemove' which is necessary when you have multiple radars.

The things you added are very good :D

Strange i don't touch this part. Send me your mission.log and the configuration of lotatcsrv please.