LockOn ATC Screen Mod

Swisstiger

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*YOU* ROCK!

Here's a question for you: Would you be interested in working with someone else on it? I know someone who has worked on a Line-Of-Sight system for ATC for LOMAC so that aircraft could actually hide behind mountains etc.

At the same time it would be useful if aircraft reflection could change with altitude and aspect (ie. highest reflection and thus longer detection range head-on and high, lowest dection range tail-on and low ... and of course the notch) ...

Additional features: The ability for the server to restrict which airports a client can use based on wether the client is RED or BLUE. This way the ATC console cannot be used to look at aircrafts that are near an airport that you supposedly cannot use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Some more requests, these ones perhaps more reasonable:

On the server side, make it possible to lock the ATC onto a specific airport or list of airports - this can be done via a config file, thus locking RED and BLUE side into different airports.

Add the ability to use an object or multiple objects named in a special way as radar - the object name(s) should be specified in the config file for each side. This way a SAM site radar could be used for the ATC console. This combined with the ability to list only some or NONE of the airports for ATC capability makes it possible to have in-game destroyable radars.

Add hook to check if the object the console is attached to still exists (ie. has not been destroyed)

If the object has been destroyed, send a message to the player and show the list of available radars to use.

Add the ability to calculate real intercept vectors ... ie. not vector for just 'nose on' capability but a heading and speed to fly at in order do a lead collision course.

Add a config value to allow only a certain IP or list of IPs (with wild-cards) to connect to the ATC console.

Add a 'database' or radar types to configure max range/power for different types of radar on the server side.

The reason is this: Suppose that your site is a small ATC radar - its range might be 60km at best. You don't want the player to get 300km range out of it. But, if he is using a patriot or S300 radar, then you would like him to be able to use the full 150km or so range!

This would also be good for limiting the radar's field of view - this applied mostly to the patriot, which only has a 110 deg view ... which means you would have to get the radar's orientation and display targets only 55 deg on either side of that line. This should be pretty easy to do though, you just need to give a 'fov' paramaters for each radar, with 360 or 0 meaning all-around, anything inbetween will split the view evenly on either side of the direction the radar is facing.

And yes, I'm willing to help code some of this stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Some issues (I just tried it)

FIrst, the screen is too small, and so are the fonts.

-The server needs to be able to start after LOMAC has started - this is important for starting it on HL.

-Please let us choose larger fonts for the display

-The ILS screen should also be zoomable

-The application window cannot be maximized to fit the screen well. Enabling -that would be very nice

-Contact airspeed is not displayed

-Need to be able to choose imperial units, too

Other thnan this though, kudos - very good job! I really like it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Add a config value to allow only a certain IP or list of IPs (with wild-cards) to connect to the ATC console.

maybe inplace .....u could

red team blue team server set password only autherised atc can access and only access the allowed airport.(S)

Savage 77th Squadron 'S77th' http://www.s77th.com

The Lomac League, For Squadrons & Single Players http://www.LomacLeague.com

dantesig.gif

More or less the same, but technically more complicated to implement (needs Linux) is the attempt of dreyou on the russian forum to have an overall ATC view on a webpage. Needs (Red Hat) Linux though.. http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=7619 , or download the code of dreyou from http://www.lomacfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=138&lid=269&ttitle=1.02/FC_Export_Multiplayer#dldetails with an example of code use at http://lockon.but.ru.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Some more requests, these ones perhaps more reasonable:

On the server side, make it possible to lock the ATC onto a specific airport or list of airports - this can be done via a config file, thus locking RED and BLUE side into different airports.

Add the ability to use an object or multiple objects named in a special way as radar - the object name(s) should be specified in the config file for each side. This way a SAM site radar could be used for the ATC console. This combined with the ability to list only some or NONE of the airports for ATC capability makes it possible to have in-game destroyable radars.

Add hook to check if the object the console is attached to still exists (ie. has not been destroyed)

If the object has been destroyed, send a message to the player and show the list of available radars to use.

Add the ability to calculate real intercept vectors ... ie. not vector for just 'nose on' capability but a heading and speed to fly at in order do a lead collision course.

Add a 'database' or radar types to configure max range/power for different types of radar on the server side.

The reason is this: Suppose that your site is a small ATC radar - its range might be 60km at best. You don't want the player to get 300km range out of it. But, if he is using a patriot or S300 radar, then you would like him to be able to use the full 150km or so range!

This would also be good for limiting the radar's field of view - this applied mostly to the patriot, which only has a 110 deg view ... which means you would have to get the radar's orientation and display targets only 55 deg on either side of that line. This should be pretty easy to do though, you just need to give a 'fov' paramaters for each radar, with 360 or 0 meaning all-around, anything inbetween will split the view evenly on either side of the direction the radar is facing.

And yes, I'm willing to help code some of this stuff.

Hi all,

Just give some time to translate and understand all of this :rolleyes:

I'm already working on some of your request . Hopes a new version next week.

of course, help, testing etc.. are welcome.

>Additional features: The ability for the server to restrict which airports a >client can use based on wether the client is RED or BLUE. This

>way the ATC console cannot be used to look at aircrafts that are near an >airport that you supposedly cannot use.

>On the server side, make it possible to lock the ATC onto a specific airport or >list of airports - this can be done via a config file, thus >locking RED and >BLUE side into different airports.

I try my best to implemente these features.

>Add the ability to use an object or multiple objects named in a special way as radar - the object name(s) should be specified in the config >file for each side. This way a SAM site radar could be used for the ATC console. This combined with the ability to list only some or NONE of >the airports for ATC capability makes it possible to have in-game destroyable radars.

btw LOTACT is more look as a Awacs than asimple radar.

>Add the ability to calculate real intercept vectors ... ie. not vector for just 'nose on' capability but a heading and speed to fly at in >order do a lead collision course.

OK, but not ugent.

>Add a config value to allow only a certain IP or list of IPs (with wild-cards) to connect to the ATC console.

Possible by why ?

>The server needs to be able to start after LOMAC has started - this is important for starting it on HL.

You can already do this whitout pb.

>Please let us choose larger fonts for the display

Ok donne.

>The ILS screen should also be zoomable

This view will change in new version ;-)

>The application window cannot be maximized to fit the screen well. Enabling -that would be very nice

Sorry not now. Because of the border :tongue:

>Contact airspeed is not displayed

OK donne.

>Need to be able to choose imperial units, too

OK donne

New version last week. ( in ED time based :tongue: )

>Additional features: The ability for the server to restrict which airports a >client can use based on wether the client is RED or BLUE. This

>way the ATC console cannot be used to look at aircrafts that are near an >airport that you supposedly cannot use.

>On the server side, make it possible to lock the ATC onto a specific airport or >list of airports - this can be done via a config file, thus >locking RED and >BLUE side into different airports.

I try my best to implemente these features.

[/quote[

These are extremely important and MUST be server-controlled :)

Also there should be the ability to log in with 'side, password' so that a server can restrict who can see what by handing out the correct password

>Add the ability to use an object or multiple objects named in a special way as radar - the object name(s) should be specified in the config >file for each side. This way a SAM site radar could be used for the ATC console. This combined with the ability to list only some or NONE of >the airports for ATC capability makes it possible to have in-game destroyable radars.

btw LOTACT is more look as a Awacs than asimple radar.

Sure, but we're not talking a simple radar either - but the point is to have a real in-game radiating object which can be attacked, and if it is destroyed, then you lose the ATC console.

>Add the ability to calculate real intercept vectors ... ie. not vector for just 'nose on' capability but a heading and speed to fly at in >order do a lead collision course.

OK, but not ugent.

>Add a config value to allow only a certain IP or list of IPs (with wild-cards) to connect to the ATC console.

Possible by why ?

It would be better to do 'side,password' login, including RED, BLUE, and SUPER - SUPER can see evrything.

The reason for this is that in the Crimean Air Wars campain, we cwould liek the client to see only what the cilent is allowed to see, while the admin would like to be able to see everything in order to enfore rules for the time it takes to refuel, etc.

>The server needs to be able to start after LOMAC has started - this is important for starting it on HL.

You can already do this whitout pb.

No, I cannot. if I start server after the game is started (game starts via HL, I alt-tab out and start loatcserver and click fly) the client shows no contacts at all after conencting to the server.

>Please let us choose larger fonts for the display

Ok donne.

>The ILS screen should also be zoomable

This view will change in new version ;-)

>The application window cannot be maximized to fit the screen well. Enabling -that would be very nice

Sorry not now. Because of the border :tongue:

>Contact airspeed is not displayed

OK donne.

>Need to be able to choose imperial units, too

OK donne

New version last week. ( in ED time based :tongue: )

hehe thanks :) This is great :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, I cannot. if I start server after the game is started (game starts via HL, I alt-tab out and start loatcserver and click fly) the client shows no contacts at all after conencting to the server.

Really strange. Do you start loatcserver before or after Mission start. It must be launch before mission start.

Btw with the new version, you can start loatcserver without lanching lockon :D

still hope the new version next week :icon_redf

Ahh I see, it was after the mission was started.

THanks, I'll try that.

It's very nice that you are adding features on request - I am a CAW admin and we at CAW are reallye xcited about this software and we wish to use it in place of AWACS in the CAW campaign :)

We do however require that the client's settings be set by the server, and that we have a separate Red/Blue/Super login for clients so that we can restrict usage of the client as we please (otherwise it's just a tool for cheating :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some additional requests: A version check so that older clients cannot connect to server (with an appropriate fail message)

This will guard against having older clients causing problems ...

For some time in the future:

The ability to click on an aircraft and then on the 'assign' button, then on another aircraft to assign it a target.

Result: The two aircraft will have their vectors elongated to show where they will be in 30sec, and a box under the ILS for example, will display information for the interceptor - ie. what heading to take to make intercept (this is intercept vector!) based on its current speed for example, and a suggested speed potentnially as well.

Additional: Weapon rings around aircraft (should be an on/off toggle) to make it easy for the controller to see when the friedlies are threatened ro when -they- threaten something.

The ability to turn off the LOATC range rings is important.

It would be very useful to be able to see the runways as they are in-game (With taxiways, parking ramps and everything) and to be able to choose the ils for any of the airport's runways ... ie. for Saki, you shoudl be able to choose 22L, 22R, 04L, 04R at your leisure.

Please add country outlines, or make a database file that will allow us to add images and labels to the screen, so we can annotate major cities and airports :D

Special case: The F-117 should not show up on radar unless it's within 20% or less of the allotted max range for that radar (ie. if radius is 150km, it should only show up when it comes to 30km at high altitude - less at low altitude)

Please tell me if you need any help with writing databases, config files, etc.

Maybe you guys can cooperate with Jabog as well - Jabog hasn't done much ATC-like, but they are more of an 'awacs' type console ... so perhaps if you guys used the same server (loatcserver? I don't know what jabog does and how) we could get the saem info displayed in different ways ... it might be better to build one big product thanoffering competing versions of the same.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brothers and me are working with members of BA 702 of Avord who work on the E-3F to make it as real as it possible.

New screens :

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/emmanuel.cazaussus/3.jpg

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/emmanuel.cazaussus/4.jpg

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/emmanuel.cazaussus/5.jpg

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/emmanuel.cazaussus/6.jpg

I work on a new design (not in the screenshots). ;)

LOTATC .NET // LOVICA .NET // 3rd Wing

Some additional requests: A version check so that older clients cannot connect to server (with an appropriate fail message)

This will guard against having older clients causing problems ...

Already done ;)

It would be very useful to be able to see the runways as they are in-game (With taxiways, parking ramps and everything) and to be able to choose the ils for any of the airport's runways ... ie. for Saki, you shoudl be able to choose 22L, 22R, 04L, 04R at your leisure.

For ILS, if you choses it, player don't have the same information that you :(

note that LOTATC use the same ILS than Lockon. This need on KERCH for exemple, the Runway is 05 but if there is wind 04 then the runway to use is the 23. (excep for Adler, always the same Runway ED bug?)

Please add country outlines, or make a database file that will allow us to add images and labels to the screen, so we can annotate major cities and airports :D

Done

Maybe you guys can cooperate with Jabog as well - Jabog hasn't done much ATC-like, but they are more of an 'awacs' type console ... so perhaps if you guys used the same server (loatcserver? I don't know what jabog does and how) we could get the saem info displayed in different ways ... it might be better to build one big product thanoffering competing versions of the same.

Off course, really not a pb for me :beer: ( In fact i really love there view in web :icon_pray)

(...) I work on a new design (not in the screenshots). ;)

Awesome job!

How about adding support for custom skins and colour schemes ?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I cant get it working, lotatcsrv.exe starts up then 2 options are present: "Fly.." and "Exit". LoTATC.exe on the other hand does start but cant connect ot anything.

I have done the following:

1. Ran the setup.exe program for LoTATC, installing in a subdirectory of my lo-mac.

2. Then copied the export.lua from the lotatcsrv-installation directory to my lo-mac 1.1 config\network.

3. Klik on lotatcsrv.exe produces an error: "Can't find your lockon folder!!!".

I ran fileprobe (http://www.sysinternals.com) which revealed LoTATC.exe tries to access a file "hnetcfg.dll" which it can not find.

Where have i done something wrong...? :(

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Already done ;)

For ILS, if you choses it, player don't have the same information that you :(

note that LOTATC use the same ILS than Lockon. This need on KERCH for exemple, the Runway is 05 but if there is wind 04 then the runway to use is the 23. (excep for Adler, always the same Runway ED bug?)

Yes, I know, but pilot hsould be able to just stay on course and glideslope and be able to land even if he doesn't have the needles on the HuD, under the ATC's person's direction. I really do think it would be useful :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Install all files in a new directory like c:\LOTACT\

Keep export.lua in \network. It should be ok !

No joy. It still produces the same error :(. Could you tell me where must lo-mac be installed? Where do your proggy try to find lo-mac? Do you read the lo-mac installation directory from the registry?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

Hi,

I've been following this thread of course, and must say, respect to your work... I have also read about the thought of putting our projects together and really would love to do so aswell... The only problems that might be in our way are the facts that I'm pretty sure that you are developing with MsVC++ and I am developing with Macromedia Flash Mx... So as much as I would like to join your Project, I don't see any chance...

I was wondering anyway if we could exchange our experiences and knowledge about the export. I have a few problems and would really like to know if you are experiencing the same problems...

1. I get most Pilots exportet double in Network play, for example i see

Su-33(Me)(JaBoG32_Zillion) &

Su-33(JaBoG32_Zillion)

this happens a lot and is really confusing for my if statements in checkPilots();

2. Because of Warping i cant properly calculate the groundspeed... It works perfectly for single player missions, but online, no chance... I tried a phytagoras between two positions 25 seconds seperated and still get a very bouncy reading, if I take the distance of 2 positions 5 seconds seperated its even worse....

I was always wondering if you are converting the lat, long to X and Z ? I am doing that and get a very good precision... If you have any problems doing that check this C++ and Flash example...

I dont see any competition here, we're just doing 2 projects and we will have 2 different results....

Wish you all the best....

JaBoG32_Zillion

No joy. It still produces the same error :(. Could you tell me where must lo-mac be installed? Where do your proggy try to find lo-mac? Do you read the lo-mac installation directory from the registry?

Hi, lotatc must find your lockon installation. If not then your installation is bad. perhaps en pb 1.02->1.1

your installation folder is take here (in registry):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\UbiSoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Path

btw lotatc can works even if he dont find lockon. So you (we) have a problem.

what OS version?

have you a file missions.log creatted in c:\ ?