View System

cobrakev

Here is a View Point or ( Seat Position) to try if you are like me and have found flying the hog with your chin on the stick and nose to the APU fire handle to be a bit of a streach. This seams to be a pretty good setup for it. But your milage may vary...:joystick:

Snap[11][13] = {}

Snap[11][13]["y_trans"] = -0.0

Snap[11][13]["x_trans"] = 0.22

Snap[11][13]["hAngle"] = 0

Snap[11][13]["viewAngle"] = 83.0

Snap[11][13]["vAngle"] = -0

Snap[11][13]["rollAngle"] = 0

Snap[11][13]["z_trans"] = 0

Just copy and paste this code and replace the LAST 8 LINES of the file named "SnapViewsDefault.lua" (without "") you will need to edit this file with notepad.

The file is located in the C,D,E:/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS A-10C Beta/Config/View/ folder. give it a shot and see if its a little better for ya...:pilotfly:

Here is my view config. Seems to work the best here with keeping everything on the hud, including the gunsight, while being able to easily see the mfds.

Snap[11][13] = {}

Snap[11][13]["y_trans"] = -0.02

Snap[11][13]["x_trans"] = 0.25

Snap[11][13]["hAngle"] = 0

Snap[11][13]["viewAngle"] = 93

Snap[11][13]["vAngle"] = -15

Snap[11][13]["rollAngle"] = 0

Snap[11][13]["z_trans"] = 0

Screenshot:

screenshot013b.jpg

View System Dedicated Thread

First off I looked at the threads already started but didn't see a category this would fall under.

Anyways I was creating custom snapviews and saved them with Ralt + Num0. They seemed to work fine in the current mission I was flying, however upon exiting and starting a new mission the screen was blue but I could hear the sound and the Pause box appeared.

I exited the sim and checked the .lua files in the Config/View folder and found that the entire SnapViews.lua was empty.

I think there is a problem with the i/o settings, instead of saving the custom views it is erasing the contents within the .lua

If there is a fix for this I would love to know as the default snapviews leave a lot to be desired for me at least.

Glad you posted; same thing is happening to me - I posted in the 'general questions' thread but I'll copy my post here as well (since this is a sticky now).

hi - I've been trying to create a few custom snapviews for myself, and am having some issues; wondering if it's me or if this just isn't working right now in this build.

by following this thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52749

I was successfully able to create some custom snap views (I did the radio panel, and also changed the snap views for the MFCDs to be a little more pulled back than default so you can use all the buttons).

It worked fine, but when I exited the sim and re-ran it, my default cockpit view was different than it was (much more pulled back), and any time I tried to use a snapview, my entire screen goes black until I release the snap view.

I had backed up the 'view.lua' file, and upon returning it to the folder things were back to their original state.

I tried again (DisableSnapViewsSaving = false; UseDefaultSnapViews = false) but now when I change the view.lua to anything other than it's default values, all the snapviews are just black screens...sometimes blue, actually.

anyway, not that big a deal in the grand scheme, just curious as to what's happening - anyone else happen to try making custom snap views?

Head position is incorrect in my opinion. In the sim head is very forward, and i cant see correctly both side panels for reads numbers and tips, is very dificult turn the head correctly with the limited angle of view of the trackIR 3 Pro. Head need go to back, and limit vision to back, for more real posittion.

Sorry for my english.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Head position is incorrect in my opinion. In the sim head is very forward, and i cant see correctly both side panels for reads numbers and tips, is very dificult turn the head correctly with the limited angle of view of the trackIR 3 Pro. Head need go to back, and limit vision to back, for more real posittion.

Sorry for my english.

Try this ---> http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=993499&postcount=7

Nate

I have the same problem as Legolasindar. I have the feeling that i'm sitting way to far forward + if i use zoom out, the HUD becomes unreadable very quickly (way to small print).

@Nate: Don't think we need to get into editing mode on a beta release to get some stuff right. Basic idea is reporting the way we feel, see, hear and experience on this state of product stage.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!