Anyone else start out with A-10 Cuba ?

nastynacho

lol i think lynx was mine but a10 cuba was fine for me too, then later!)

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wasn't my first, but I played it quite a bit. For its time, it had awesome physics and damage modeling. My first was MS Flight Sim 2.0. Thinking back of all the sims.. Falcon AT, F-119, Fleet Defender, Falcon 3, USNF.. More than I can remember. I still have them all somewhere in the garage. Good times..

A-10 Cuba was my first sim and it spoiled me big time. So many sims bought after were a let down in the sensation of flight department. The graphics got better and better but it wasn't til IL-2 that I felt something close. I really don't think that the "feel" was surpassed until Flaming Cliffs came out. There was a mission where if you loitered long enough some Cuban SU25's I think came patrolling by and if you caught them right they would engage in a guns only dogfight. The multiplayer stuff was pretty psychedelic too.

Falcon for Mac (1987), Hellcats over the Pacific, Hellcats: Leyte Gulf, F/A-18 Hornet, A-10 Attack!, A-10 Cuba, Nightmares Over the Pacific ... those were the days.

All for Mac, too!

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Yeah F/A-18 Hornet and A-10 Attack! (as I have as my picture) were my first sims and some of the best games of all time!! They just don't make them like they used to (except for DCS :)). This was also back in the days when macs where actually good, not just rebranded PCs with a different operating system, a "cool" exterior and a large price tag!

SPECS: Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.2 Ghz +turboboost enabled, 12 GB DDR3 1600 @ 1500 Mhz, ATI Radeon 5850, TrackIR 5, X52 Pro and Saitek pedals

Sub Logic Flight Simulator II and Falcon for the Atari ST. I had the Mega ST4 version with monachrome and colour monitors and a hard drive..Nerd Heaven :)

Asus P8Z68 V-Pro/Gen3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5, 8GB DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro, Saitek X52 Pro, TrackIR 5.

If you stretch the "sim" aspect a bit, then I guess my first ones were probably Hellcat Ace and Spitfire Ace on the old Atari systems. I was pretty much in pre-school and playing those. My dad taught me how to fly those games. Been flight simming ever since.

My first sim was Delta Wing on the ZX Spectrum. Lot's of fun, 5 "bases" to protect, 5 "bases" to attack, 1 fighter opponent, 5 bombs (if I'm not wrong) and guns. You could land anywhere you wanted, but had to be close to a base to rearm. All that in 48Kb, amazing.

Edited by Tucano_uy

Yep. A10 Cuba! (Don't forget the exclamation mark!) was the first sim I owned. I remember re-installing it again years later, just to copy out the engine sounds. Still the best engine sounds.

First one I played (on a friend's computer) was A.C.E (Air Combat Emulator) on Commodore 64. Loading took about 1/2 an hour on cassette tapes!

First multiplayer experience was with F/A-18. A mate and I linked up by directly dialling each other's modem. Was a challenge to get it working, as it required our home phone line. No mobile phones around to talk to each other about what was happening either. So this resulted in lots of: start game, wait for other player to join, fly around a bit, nothing happens, home phone rings, what happened?, try again.

Never forget actually seeing another aircraft, flown by someone else in the same simulation as me though. Magic.

Stop press!! Just found a download of A10 Cuba! Here: http://www.5star-shareware.com/Windows/Games/Flight/a10-cuba.html Downloading now. Pity my gamerig's HDD just died. Also means I'll have to wait to play DCS:W :(

Fighter Pilot (1984) By Digital Integration:

hzO-SPyd6q0

F-15 Strike Eagle (1985) by MicroProse

lTrZLlC643c

A-10 Tank Killer (1989) by Dynamix

bUPAN21Xck

Damn, now I feel REALLY old considering I was already in the Navy in 89 - thanks!

I always wanted A10 Tank Killer. I really started on F14 Fleet Defender, but I do remember playing some sort of flight game on the Spectrum.

As usual my computer is still behind the times, and I can't run all the sims I want to...

2 months until I can amend that, and damn am I excited!

Cuba looks like it'd have been great!

a-10 had a flight model very close to il-2! what it was not very good was the su-25 flight model! it turned better than the a-10 (maybe it is due to the lack of info on the su-25 performance) still it was very good; very close to flanker 1.0. What I really regret is no being able to play the tornado sim(thanks to my mean sister).

• 1 month later...

My original flight game was Jetfighter on an IBM XT when the game was first released.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

I cant remember, i think my real first sim, was Fly solo on comodore 64, but there was also a F15 simulator and a f14 all on comodore 64, probably was fly solo, green triangular mountains, wire frame, wire control tower (was there some?), wire airport.

Deliver mail all across USA on a cessan kind of plane, keyboard controlling.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Yeah, when the world was flat. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol: