My first landing

Zakk

Result of my belly landing attempt (on grass parallel to runway, but ended up sliding onto runway, off the end of it and doing 180 at the end)

Very NICE; ohhh, and don't even think about cutting across the grass to a runway to take off; you will get stuck and have to call for a tow.

Gigabyte|Q6600|8GB DDR3|GTX285|Win7 64|X-65

not so much an attempt at landing but it landed anyway.

I was busy trying to locate the NWS to realize I had not fire-walled the throttle and as a result, the airplane fell out of the sky with a spectacular belly scrape.

Lessons learned:

1. Check engine RPM during take off roll. DOH!

2. RTFM cuz you may need to know where a particular button is in a hurry. DOH! DOH!

takeoff_blunder.trk

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

• 7 months later...
GREAT landing: Any landing where you can use the aircraft again.

Wow, I feel a lot better now! Does needing tires count?:music_whistling:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing in my book!

:smilewink:

I dont know.. If its strong enough the break the wings off on a landing, its probably enough to cripple a man for life.

Im afraid there wont be any "walking" going on here.

I don't know if this bird is just easy to land or Falcon 4.0 was incredibly hard but it took me many many attempt to land in Falcon. This I can do without thinking about it.

Falcon was tougher bird to land for sure. This one handles pretty damn good imo.

The old saying is any landing you walk away from is a good landing, so yes not to bad,lol.

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

I usually clip the edge of one of the wings and lose the hatch covering the nosewheel but 4 out of 5 landings usually result in nothing more than a very silent control tower and a perfectly useable aircraft.

Does anyone know how to compensate for the aircraft getting unusually sluggish and going all over the place at the lowest altitudes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try to keep your speed around 150 kts to final. When you get lined up within a half mile or so, deploy speedbrakes to slow down for the runway.

The increased speed should help you in slow flight.

Also, in order to control your aircraft better, you should try flying the aircraft with a speed of around 130 kts to get you used to it.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Falcon was tougher bird to land for sure. This one handles pretty damn good imo.

The A-10C does handle very nicely, but I would like to think that part of why we may be able to shoot approaches so well here has at least something to do with all those thousands of Falcon landings...

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

I've flown with only one loadout so far to get the feel of the craft before adding variables, on the free flight mission. Takeoff from Sukhumi runway 30 and land at Senaki runway 09.

Once I get on the final approach my aircraft gets extremely sluggish and often starts going a bit sideways as I approach the runway. This always happens at speeds from barely above stall (120 knots) to 200 knots to 300 knots (yep, I once tried diving onto the runway, lost more than the front wheel)

Wind at 2 metres per second, is that enough to make an impact?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

a crosswind component might skew your aircraft, but in terms of making it sluggish, I don't think so.

Maybe you are talking about flying in ground effect. It can improve your lift somewhat. Also, have you disabled the SAS on final? If not, try it.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

a crosswind component might skew your aircraft, but in terms of making it sluggish, I don't think so.

Maybe you are talking about flying in ground effect. It can improve your lift somewhat. Also, have you disabled the SAS on final? If not, try it.

I've heard I should disable the EAC (which I keep forgetting) but haven't tried the SAS, thanks, I'll try that :) Should I keep SAS disabled for takeoff as I'm having the same trouble getting off the runway as well, though only minor issues

I did a quick flight on air start (free flight) and am attaching the track to the post. Everything goes well untill the landing where I'm suddenly thrown miles off the runway.

Coincidentally, this was my first flight after adding a curve to the joystick. Amazing how much easier it is keeping stable :thumbup:

Landing(Depth).trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hate landing with combat damage, mostly because I always forget something important.

The last one I only had one hydraulic system, and I forgot to disengage anti-skid. The anti-skid system bled PC1 dry and I flew off the end of the runway going "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" and crashed into some truck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]