TrackIR center view

Anybody having TrackIR problems with the beta?

Tracking wise everything seems to work, but I can't get the "center" function on TrackIR to work if I'm in the cockpit. When i first materialize in the cockpit, my view is always offcenter and I have to hold my head in funny ways to get it "centered" in the cockpit.

With BS and other games I can press the F12 key to get the TrackIR to treat my head position as the new "center", but with the beta that no longer works.

I've remapped it to other key presses, but nothing seems to work.

Also, I find that over time, the sensor seems to have me moving "forward" in the seat.

I've searched other threads and don't see anybody else with this problem, so i figure it's something with "me".

Should I be adjusting the TrackIR axis in game?

Help!

In theory A-10C should have no effect on TIR. Once the profile loads in the TIR software, the TIR software does the work. Try running A10 in windowed mode so you can alt tab (fullscreen has alt tab bug) then al tab to TIR software to see what profile is loaded and test your settings there.

. Try running A10 in windowed mode so you can alt tab (fullscreen has alt tab bug) then al tab to TIR software to see what profile is loaded and test your settings there.

Yeah same problem. In window mode, I can recenter if I alt-tab out to the Track IR software, but F12 doesn't do anything in-game.

Very annoying.

Sounds like F12 is assigned to an in-game function? I use F13 to centre and it works fine.

How does one use virtual keys in the sim? That would be very useful.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

Sounds like F12 is assigned to an in-game function? I use F13 to centre and it works fine.

You have F13?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Use scroll Lock for the TIR centre, F12 is needed in sim for Radio commands.. Remember that A-10 may be using a different Track IR profile in the profile software and as such may have a different key assigned than you are used to. Check which profile its using and then re-assign a key.

Nate

I dont' have a Scroll Lock key ;)

I tried using the "a" key since that doesn't seem to be mapped to anything. Still doesn't work in game. Works if i have TrackIR open, but not if I have the game open. The only way to have trackir open is if i run in windows mode

What I don't understand is why I'm the only one that seems to have this problem?

You have F13?

Well no, but TiR supports [some of] the higher F keys (F13 - F24) and I can reproduce them with my Cougar (using USB codes - USB 68 is F13). If you have G15 or similar keyboard you can then assign those keys to the G-keys.

Nate made a good point about checking which profile is assigned - Combat Flight is probably the default.

You have F13?

I even have a F22 and a F35 !!!!:lol:

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Yep, I'm having the same issue. However, if I map TrackIR's center and pause functions directly to my G940 buttons, it works fine - the issue is only when TrackIR is mapped to keyboard.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Have you tried running both the TrackIR software, and the gaming application as an admin (right click on the exe file for each, and select run as admin)?

That was it!

Makes sense now, since when you run TrackIR as administrator all the game specific changes you may have made are gone. Obviously the profile changes are tracked on a per-user basis.

And I don't run TrackIR usually as administrator.

Thanks!