ED SIMS SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!! (NO USER MODS OR COMMENT)

rekoal

as i see ED changed this LOD "multiplyer" coz with early modelviewers and with early Warhog beta r-27 edm and lom models i got same result LOD0 visible upto 10 meters

all 4 type R-27 LODs are wrong

but i think HungaroJET able to correct these R-27 LOD bugs quickly

i hope

we have not seen him a while

My 5 minutes job ;) Cheers Folks

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qxlcuo

• Like 1

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

BEgJ7mr.jpg

NJi3kpl.jpg

TcSdsLF.jpg

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Woah! That afterburner looks awesome. Can each jet have its own colour for the afterburner? Also were u at slow speed when u turned it on or did u mod the files to enable heat blur at any speed? That would be awsome. Would be nice to get this ...

gr1.jpg

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

screen130312132714.th.jpg

2 sqn cam[e]o

screen130312132734.th.jpg

having a propa go at the F-18c template... A what if...

bear in mind we would of had a different radar, avionics and engines..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Sorry Folks but these raindrops on water are not my job :)

Thank you for your confidence but this is a default DCS feature ;)

...unfortunately the Sun is too large while in contrast the reflection on the water is too small/narrow

JlXeuc6.jpg

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WTK6JT7.jpg

VxpKiTO.jpg

N2f2zhE.jpg

lEzP2mQ.jpg

i have made edits of the following files to get a warmer effect to the 'cold' HDR settings (sounds bizarre but it works)

hdr.lua - changes were made to allow less washed out textures in cold HDR setting

sky.fx - this was altered to produce better sky luminosity so stars and darker sky aren't rendered at lower altitudes)

also made adjustments to the hdr.fx to tone down the sunglare - i have attached a zip below that extracts to the root of DCS directory.

P.S it is HIGHLY recommended for use with the 'cold' HDR setting with this modification.

Edited by Mustang

I love the way the Warm HDR looks, but my problem is that the HUD is completely invisible against a bright sky. I find this problem alleviated with Normal HDR. Maybe those settings of yours are a good middle ground?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Hey Folks,

damn great screen shots. Hard to top them somehow :) I wish to share some of mine as well and hope you like them.

Done while in Mid-Air refuel training with my =FTP= mates:

Screen_1.jpg

Screen_2.jpg

Screen_3.jpg

Screen_4.jpg

Screen_5.jpg

and now some fog test...looks amazing..great Job ED!!!

Screen_6.jpg

Cheers and fly safe

Demon

Edited by -=Demon=-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

I love the way the Warm HDR looks, but my problem is that the HUD is completely invisible against a bright sky. I find this problem alleviated with Normal HDR. Maybe those settings of yours are a good middle ground?

That's one the aims of these modifications, glare and blur values are lowered so HUD washout is lessened by a great amount.

edit: a couple more nice pics

Jjvbmrk.jpg

I25aA3T.jpg

Edited by Mustang

I25aA3T.jpg

is this your modification/correction Lord Mustang ? :)

Sun size and its reflection looks perfect :thumbsup:

does your attached file contains this Sun-size-mod ? (altered sky and HDR effects.zip ?)

http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=1697928&postcount=6888

and if this is a foggy/misty (weather) sun-haze then this looks very realistic too :thumbsup:

VxpKiTO.jpg

and is it a new grass mod ?

Jjvbmrk.jpg

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

The foggyness was just in a mission i joined in MP, during clear days the sun looks alot smaller - and yes that attachment contains all you need to see this working, but be sure to select COLD HDR setting (others may look good too, even without HDR there are benefits)

edit: no thats not a grass mod, its the stiock autumn foliage - although i do have an edit to the 'smallshit' rendering:

in Bazar\Terrain\terrain.cfg.lua line 79

squareSize = 50.0;

and heres an example of early morning from a 27 pit, there is still some degree of glare but it's nowhere near as overwhelming as the stock setting.

tT2sMWM.jpg

Edited by Mustang

Hi,

what you mean Mower? Airrefuling is scrpted? In which way? Thanks for some clearification :)

Cheers

Demon

In FC3 jets once you connect to the tanker, the jet is forced into an autopilot to stay connected; you can take your hands off the controls completely. In the DCS A10 (and other sims like FBMS) you must constantly fly the jet to stay on the boom.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

In FC3 jets once you connect to the tanker, the jet is forced into an autopilot to stay connected; you can take your hands off the controls completely. In the DCS A10 (and other sims like FBMS) you must constantly fly the jet to stay on the boom.

Quite true, although personally i quite enjoy the autopilot of the 15 :) quite relaxing to take a break during mid flight. Oh and the Su-33 should be mentioned, refueling into the Il-78M is all done manually.

Thanks for that Mower. I think thats ok since the approach is difficult enuff also after a few times I make it now within a few tries. Its still a challange tho :)

Thanks for clearifying!

Cheers

Demon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

In FC3 jets once you connect to the tanker, the jet is forced into an autopilot to stay connected; you can take your hands off the controls completely.

I need to refuel more then.................:D

p_Screen_130303_010151_2.jpg

Ended on the ground though.............

Edited by Emmer