Stop resbonding to commands

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Keyboard and Koystick commands stop responding - usually in the middle of a mission.

Also, fighter labels vanish.

And it not something that happened once - but many many times.

Do you have another program running in the backgroudn that hooks into direct-x, like TS or TSO? ... and the key you use for push-to-talk maybe happens to also be used in LOMAC?...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Nothing running in the background.

It happens usually when you re-load a mission, mid- mission. The keyboard becomes unresponsive (have to hit S,F2 many times) AND some commands on my X-45 go AWOL.

As I am converting missions 1.02 to 1.1 - you can say that I am thoroughly testing 1.1.

I have a month old XP install, P4 3.2E 2048 RAM X800PRO SATA RAID.

This happened to me in the demo, whenever i pressed # for radio commands. luckily this has not happened with the full FC install.

Somebody else has had this problem on the forum (sorry can't remember where) and he tracked it down to his particular brand of keyboard and mouse.

Nate

Guest ThomasDWeiss

It is quite annoying - it spoiled already many missions.

The labels vanish only for the enemy fighters, all rest remain as they should.

The same happens to me.

i run CH control manager cause I have CH pedals and throttle.

After some second the rudder and the throttle fail to respond.

thanks for help

Cluster

It happens as soon as I hit one of the number keys on the keyboard (for example #seven for ground mode attack), labels remain and keyboard continues to work

Cluster

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Nothing running in the background.

It happens usually when you re-load a mission, mid- mission. The keyboard becomes unresponsive (have to hit S,F2 many times) AND some commands on my X-45 go AWOL.

As I am converting missions 1.02 to 1.1 - you can say that I am thoroughly testing 1.1.

I have a month old XP install, P4 3.2E 2048 RAM X800PRO SATA RAID.

I Have same problems, some commands on 45 dont work after awhile and keyboard commands seem to do same thing

• 1 month later...

Have been playing FC for last couple of week's. Excellent sim. Only major issue that has caused me problems is keyboard not responding. Happens about 1 in 10 missions after approx 5 mins play. It also seems to happen after a ground attack run using Vikhrs or anything requiring

TV/laser lock. tried reinstal and that helped for a while but problems back again now.

If first sight here may be two causes:

1. You have NewView on your PC. Remove it.

2. You have USB keyboard or joystick. If USB device will once "blink", than LO will stop see it untill restart LockOn.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
If first sight here may be two causes:

1. You have NewView on your PC. Remove it.

2. You have USB keyboard or joystick. If USB device will once "blink", than LO will stop see it untill restart LockOn.

If that is the case with usb joystick then why is it only some commands that stop working? You would think that if the device blinks the whole joystick would become unresponsive until you restarted LO and not just some buttons/commands, I personally have resolved my issue so this dont apply to me anymore but I dont think that the device "blinking" would account for just some commands not working but still having some control over the AC with other JS inputs.

NewView may give such effect.

"Blink" also too, if you've maped some keyboard commands in joystick's keymaping program.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

Fix for sticky keys.

Looks like sticky keys are caused by a Windows Accessibilty option called Filterkeys.

This is activated by holding SHIFT key for 8 seconds. See below

"Holding down the SHIFT key for 8 seconds turns on Filterkeys. Filterkeys

causes Windows to ignore brief or repeated keystrokes and slows down the

keyboard repeat rate."

Explains why I was only getting problem after a Vikhr run where I was pressing SHIFT O

to activate laser.

To fix problem go into the Windows Control Panel, select Accessibility Option and then select Accessibility Option again under the Control Panel icon title. Then in the pop up window select Fiterkey settings and finally disable the Fiterkeys shortcut.

Hope this work's for you.

Just a thought . . .

Did ya'll clear out all the X-45 commands that came preloaded in the LOMAC control panel? I erased every last one and then use the X45's profiler to load Ruggbutt's excellent X-45 map. So far, so good . . .

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Just a thought . . .

Did ya'll clear out all the X-45 commands that came preloaded in the LOMAC control panel? I erased every last one and then use the X45's profiler to load Ruggbutt's excellent X-45 map. So far, so good . . .

^ did that, it still messed up, but a format fixed it :icon_evil

That’s great. A success story. Sorry you had to opt for the ‘nuclear option’, but it appears that is not an unusual solution . . . and one that can work. It worked for me too. Glad you got it going

Time after time I am seeing some kind operating system or software configuration that has LOMAC targeted like an AGM-65 locked onto a hot tank. Almost always, it only effects LOMAC and often leaves the program nothing more than a smokin’ hole. (Lock-ups/crashes/or, in other words, one time ED customers that might thing twice about supporting ED’s next sim that we all want them to build for us!) UBI has no idea what is causing this. ED would fix it if they could. We’re on our own.

If you’re starting over with a fresh install, it would be interesting to see if something finally conflicts with LOMAC as you build your HD back up. Let us know. It’s almost certainly going to be several things, but every little bit helps. Thanks and good luck.

What's NewView and Blink? If I run across someone having problems, I'll make sure that the "Remove NewView and Blink" suggestion gets forwarded . . . but I'm not sure what this stuff is!

Thanks