TM Warthog HOTAS & MFD Mapping

In another thread, there were two pics of the DCS:A-10C HOTAS control assignment tables. This release of info was very much appreciated.

I wonder if it is possible to also release the mapping for the TM MFD's? Or, is it just a mapping to OSB positions that correspond to what the current MFCD displays show?

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

The buttons are whatever you assign them to be.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

They map to the OSBs.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Completely besides the point, and I think I might already know the answer but: does the Warthog have a rudder control à la stick twist on it's stick?

I ask because I already have my floor covered with the pedals of my G-25 steering wheel, and don't really feel like swapping those out for a set of rudder pedals everytime I want to take a flight :) (Or I could use the brake and clutch for rudder control... with fairly low accuracy at that too I'd assume, hmm)

-Z

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I aaaaaam ... a banana!

All sillyness aside though, yes Warthog will support a twist axis on your joystick for rudder control. This is providing you map the rudder to such an axis of course.

Also, if I am not mistaken, most pedals for driving allow you to link the pedals together in "flight mode" where they can be used as aircraft pedals. Not sure if your pedals offer that option though.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

They're a handy alternative though.

I understand they're looked down upon by the sim purists... but they're a practical solution to a practical problem. Besides, for all the differences between reality and sim, stick twist or rudder pedals are the least of my concern.

Anyway, thanks for the opinion. Though I genuinely disagree, and to be fair, didn't intend to start a discussion on twist-stick vs rudder pedals.

-Z

Edited by Zembla

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I aaaaaam ... a banana!

All sillyness aside though, yes Warthog will support a twist axis on your joystick for rudder control. This is providing you map the rudder to such an axis of course.

Also, if I am not mistaken, most pedals for driving allow you to link the pedals together in "flight mode" where they can be used as aircraft pedals. Not sure if your pedals offer that option though.

I think you misunderstood the question, he asked if the TM Warthog joystick will have twist rudder on the stick...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Ok...it is an alternative, but it's not a lie in that the HW won't have a twist.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

They map to the OSBs.

Thank you, Eddie ... I am glad they are OSB mapped :thumbup:

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

Twist stick rudder is lol ;)

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Maybe map the throttle friction wheel to work as a rudder?

Edit: unless it's not an axis, and really controls friction lol.

I read somewhere (I believe on simhq), that the friction control will be a seperate axis. However, I would prefer it to be a real friction control :)

No Twist on TM Hog as there is none on Cougar. Same type of handle. Honestly guys, i was a twistie for years and never saw what all the fuss was about. I pIcked up a 2nd haNd steering wheel & pedals combo for Colin McRae and thought, "i wonder if they will work in LOMAC". A bit of fiddling later and OH MY GOD ITS LIKE PASSING YOUR DRIVING TEST / BAMBI LEARNING TO WALK!

Never looked back.

And as for space. What do you have under your desk?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Always surprising how many sim elitists there are :)

-Z

Hah, using rudder pedals over a stick twist grip rudder is elitist? So I can say that you using a joystick over me using my keyboard to fly you are elitist too! The point of a simulator is to, umm simulate controlling an aircraft realistically and a twist rudder does not do that. The only aircraft that I know of that was going to actually use a twist rudder/pedals was the cancelled Comanche helicopter.

No sane company would design a realistic replica of a HOTAS and then put some gimmicky twist rudder on the stick. If you can afford a $400 HOTAS I don't think $100 rudder pedals will break the bank.

Well, to be fair. What if the constraint isn't money, but space?

-Z

No space for rudder pedals under your desk? Where do you put your feet?

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders