[AI Fail] Transports CHASE fighters?

Spades_Neil

Silly AI thinks he can kill me.

But seriously, this is annoying. I can understand enemy planes trying to evade me in order to not be shot down, but this completely unarmed Yak-40 is actually trying to CHASE me!

It's very easy to replicate this glitch as well. I've done it twice now. The plane's task is "transport". Also note that the plane exceeds its "maximum" speed and altitude in order to give chase!

th_simulator2010-08-1913-50-59-54.png

th_simulator2010-08-1913-51-03-38.png

th_simulator2010-08-1913-51-06-59.png

This game is still loaded with AI bugs including but not limited to this. I know they fixed the AI for the Sochi-Adler base in the last patch, but ALL airbases I have used so far have problems with the AI in one form or another.

Please tell me Eagle Dynamics EVENTUALLY has another patch planned. :\ The AI is still screwy. But this is just the beginning. Still a lot of problems with the map editor and the in-game map. There's even invisible hills I've crashed into. See my post a couple down.

Edited by Spades_Neil

AI still needs some serious work.

I can't count how many times wingmen have taken off from an airbase to follow me after reloading. They just turn and throttle it, flying through objects, floating in mid air, and flying in a straight line with wheels down until I tell them to RTB.

Then they just stop in mid air and sit there about 100 feet above the ground...

Oh, and then there's the carriers. They launch off the deck with their wings folded. Got a screenshot of this one. T'was funny as hell, of course... but it's rather troublesome none the less.

th_simulator2010-04-2315-33-52-16.jpg

Stupid pilot. >_> Oh, and for the record, skin mods don't screw with the AI. I love how everyone assumes that a simple mod like that will break the programming of the game. I've been modding Lock On since the original. It won't mess up anything.

Oh yea, and the helicopters... This is a terrain glitch, but I saw them land in mid air too. I have screenshots of that too and a location on a map. Likewise, my plane magically explodes flying over this region. Happened not once, not twice, but ALL the time. I think it may have something to do with how the map is also slightly offset.

th_simulator2010-04-2815-15-04-93.jpg

th_simulator2010-04-2815-38-48-06.jpg

th_simulator2010-04-2815-45-31-16.jpg

th_simulator2010-04-2815-45-59-87.jpg

th_simulator2010-04-2815-38-39-69.jpg

th_simulator2010-04-2815-38-37-46.jpg

I just don't fly there anymore.

Oh yea, and anyone who's developed a decent mission knows that the mission editor map does NOT match up with the in-game terrain. And compass directions are still screwed up. The game either ignores my inputs or resets them most of the time.

Water level is also wrong further south, it seems. Weapons often fail to hit because the water is in the way, or the phalanx fails to shoot down incoming missiles.

th_simulator2010-04-2223-10-48-57.jpg

Edited by Spades_Neil