Hotas Warthog Priced

BBQ

The HEART sensors in the Warthog are fantastic, but I think that the thing you will really miss out on is the gaming experience with DCS:A-10C. You will certainly be able to fly it with the Cougar set-up, but you will really have to juggle the HOTAS programming for the throttle in order to get the full functionality of the A-10C HOTAS capability.

You will also miss out on the ability to silence the U/C horn (sounds regularly in the A-10), start-up, airstart, change LAAP mode, engage A/P, arm the EAC and RALT, and manipulate the flaps, without having to look away from the monitor. Believe me when I say that once you've tried it, you'll never go back. All this, of course, requires no programming, and doesn't take away from any of your HOTAS switches on the throttle or the stick.

I think that this will also be the longest wearing HOTAS available - I have been testing a pre-production model for about 3 months and every time I use it I smile because it feels like it is brand new. I have never had a HOTAS (and I have had them all) that still feels this way after about 150 hours' of pretty robust testing. Additionally, the buttons a solid to the touch and meaty to the press, and also feel like they really are made to last.

Those are just my personal views, but given that I paid about £300 for a piece-of-rubbish G940 that was practically useless within 6 months, I'd certainly pay €400 for the Warthog.

• Like 1

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBQ

I have never had a HOTAS (and I have had them all) that still feels this way after about 150 hours' of pretty robust testing. Additionally, the buttons are solid to the touch and meaty to the press, and also feel like they really are made to last.....

Stop.....tormenting.....me ! :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Steve,

Good to see you're involved in all this--long time no see.

Welp, what you described was just what I was hoping someone would post. Now I've got to get one. Just a matter of a weekend of a few hours of overtime at the salt mines. Thanks for the input.

Coolts--he kind of makes it impossible for us not to REQUIRE one of these bad boys, doesn't he?

BBQ

The HEART sensors in the Warthog are fantastic, but I think that the thing you will really miss out on is the gaming experience with DCS:A-10C. You will certainly be able to fly it with the Cougar set-up, but you will really have to juggle the HOTAS programming for the throttle in order to get the full functionality of the A-10C HOTAS capability.

You will also miss out on the ability to silence the U/C horn (sounds regularly in the A-10), start-up, airstart, change LAAP mode, engage A/P, arm the EAC and RALT, and manipulate the flaps, without having to look away from the monitor. Believe me when I say that once you've tried it, you'll never go back. All this, of course, requires no programming, and doesn't take away from any of your HOTAS switches on the throttle or the stick.

I think that this will also be the longest wearing HOTAS available - I have been testing a pre-production model for about 3 months and every time I use it I smile because it feels like it is brand new. I have never had a HOTAS (and I have had them all) that still feels this way after about 150 hours' of pretty robust testing. Additionally, the buttons a solid to the touch and meaty to the press, and also feel like they really are made to last.

Those are just my personal views, but given that I paid about £300 for a piece-of-rubbish G940 that was practically useless within 6 months, I'd certainly pay €400 for the Warthog.

• Like 1

its like a Gillette advert.

"a joystick for MEN** with switches for MEN and a throttle with lights and dials for MEN. works straight away so MEN dont have to mess around"

they should sell them with free stubble!

* and women (ps. without the stubble)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

What is a HEART sensor?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

What is a HEART sensor?

H.E.A.R.T (HallEffect AccuRate Technology) sensor.

Sensor utilizes magnetic fields to detect accurate stick location with a resolution of 65 536 x 65 536 different stick locations.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I don't think its that expensive considering what we paid 8 years ago for the Cougar. The HOTAS Warthog has much more features and hopefully a lot less hassle than the Cougar was. Its the price of a high spec graphics card but will surely still be used long after that graphics card has to be upgraded in a few short years.

Not pre-ordered, but once I get home from this contract I will. :)

I'd have paid $100 more, since that's where I originally expected it to be. It's not just a HOTAS, it's THE HOTAS. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Been saving for this for months and I was expecting this price tag. One for me as fast as it drops on local stores.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I don't understand the fuss over the price. You guys need to look at sim equipment based off of commercial aircraft, things like B737 yoke comes to mind or MIP, 737 Throttle Quadrant all those replica controllers cost more than the Warthog HOTAS and you can't even fly them in a sim that lets you blow stuff up!

There are HOTAS's and then there are HOTAS's the latter is the Warthog! If this isn't something you'd spend the money on your not the target customer anyways, this is for simmers that have the money to spend and are willing to spend it. I'll have to save up for especially since my wife and I just had a baby but it will be worth every penny and then some!

Lets get real!! TM does not have a good track record with their products! I owned from the old hotas (F4 stick I believe) through the F22 to the Cougar. Except the first one all of them had pot problems and needed work to get them 100% Once that was done, yes the sticks were good. With my Cougar however I never even bothered to use the mini joystick as it was problematic from day one.

The Warthing looks nice but I'll hang back on this one for now. I bought the X-65F and is pretty chaffed with it sofar.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

I don't understand the fuss over the price. You guys need to look at sim equipment based off of commercial aircraft, things like B737 yoke comes to mind or MIP, 737 Throttle Quadrant all those replica controllers cost more than the Warthog HOTAS and you can't even fly them in a sim that lets you blow stuff up!!

Precisely why I abandoned my 737 build and sold the (expensive) gear. Will definitely be getting one of these and some TM MFDs.

BBQ

Great post Steve, thanks for sharing this with us :thumbup:

I won't pre-order anything no matter how good it looks...just not my style. It looks very promising and if the reviews and user testimonials are rave, I will drop the coin. Since my current hotas does the job, the mark of conspicuous consumption is all over this thing for me.

Going to wait till it comes out in US for cheaper price.

I bet this unit is too heavy and shipping charge will skyrocket. :P...

Can't wait :D

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

I just purchased over at ebay only to be informed that of course it is not available yet and they failed to update the ebay store to reflect the delay time which is unknown. Total utter disappointment was avoided because of my pessimistic nature at the whole "too good to be true" feeling I got when clicking the "buy" button.;)

I am going to buy this thing so fast it will make your collective head's spin.

:joystick: As stated already it is not "a" HOTAS it is "The" HOTAS for A-10C. The people that I have heard from that are testing them leaves little room for doubt how great this piece of hardware is.

Buy Buy!

just wondering.. does anyone have an idea (not a guess) how much the real thing costs?

Probably thousands of dollars. Anything in the aviation world thats built to be reliable and durable and has been the object of man-hours on manufacture and assembly, test and quality controlled is going to be charged its weight in gold.

My estimate would be 5000-10000$

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals