• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be exact

HOTAS Throttle:

8" Tall with throttles in the middle and with base

Throttle base

10.75" L (9.5625" if the base plate is removed.)

6" W

2.0625" H (only the base, excluding the switches and throttles.)

HOTAS Joystick:

11.125 Tall with base

Stick base

10.6875" L

9.0625" W

Now this is a BETA unit, it could change (but unlikely) for the production unit.

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

...it could possibly change for the production unit.

Most unlikely (re: dimensions)... but just to be on the safe side.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

like the dual thrust control is it working with A10 FC2 also? were I can control each engine?

Oh, absolutely.

No problem at all (at least throttlewise) to cruise around with one engine in burner and the other shut down.

The "idle detents" are actual "button" positions and not just "zero throttle." Thus I have mine programmed so that when I pull a throttle (or both) into the idle cutoff, it/they will shut down. Advance out of cutoff and it/they light up.

In case it's not obvious you can also use the 2 throttle axes for two different purposes as well. You could for example use one as an actual throttle and the other as pitch adjust for a variable pitch prop. Or use it for mixture...whatever.

For VTB flights since we're flying the F-16, I have FC2 set up for that jet so that one throttle controls both "engines" but when I fly the -15 or -29 or A-10....I definitely use separate throttles.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Anything specific you'd like to know?

Obviously I don't know precisely what's going to be done in the box...but I know that what I can program already is pretty impressive and they're only adding more features, not removing...

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions Teej.

My question is: Are the testers using the GUI version of TARGET yet?

About a month ago you wrote a nice HW description that was posted on both SimHQ and the AH2 forums and I think you mentioned none of the testers had received the GUI version of TARGET at that point. This I found strange as TM was aiming for a September release and yet the software was still only in it's basic form. Do you think a September release is still valid?

Ya, the cougar centering was pretty poor. I've read that the Warthog HOTAS uses a ball joint/spring system along with the magnetic sensors so it should be quite a step up over the Cougar in movement/centering/precision.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

As for me, I've not seen TARGET yet.

Being a ball joint, there is no notchiness when transitioning left to right or up to down. The only centering "feel" is literally at the center - where the stick centers itself to when you're not holding on to it. If you're flying and move the stick through that point, you'll know you went through it but it's not a big "kathunk!"

If you pull the stick off center at all, you'll be able to move in full circles with no axis notch...much like that video that was shown of the T.16000M stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Cougar & Warthog = Two completely different animals.

All the concerns voiced by Cougar owners or common complaints about the Cougar are of course valid, but my first impression of the HOTAS Warthog was that it hands down felt better than any Cougar I've had my hands on (incl. some modded ones). Centerplay, gimbals and pots are a thing of the past!

Before I had the chance to physically try one, I had the same laundry list I'm sure most people have had regarding potential concerns that may have been "inherited" from the Cougar, but the HW is a completely new design with very little in common with the Cougar except for the look of the FLCS handle. My personal pet peeve (and I wouldn't even go as far as calling it a problem) is aimed at making sure the designers take a look at a select few buttons/hat to make sure the "feel" is up to specs before the next production run.

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Anyone know what the stick base dimensions are also?

Thanks.

I updated my previous post about dimensions to include the stick base.

To be exact

HOTAS Throttle:

8" Tall with throttles in the middle and with base

Throttle base

10.75" L (9.5625" if the base plate is removed.)

6" W

HOTAS Joystick:

11.125 Tall with base

Stick base

10.6875" L

9.0625" W

Now this is a BETA unit, it could change (but unlikely) for the production unit.

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

To be exact

Throttle base10.75" L (9.5625" if the base plate is removed.)

6" W

Stick base

10.6875" L

9.0625" W

So with the throttle base, is this base plate mentioned removable from the bottom or does it bolt to the sides? When it is removed, does the height change? If the mounting plate is left on, what is the length of the top surface of the throttle base? 9.5625?

Sorry, not trying to be a pest, but I'd like to be confident in these dimensions before starting my pit build. Thanks again

Well...I'm gonna try to explain this the best I can...and keep in mind this is all assuming the prod unit matches my beta unit...

There are actually two baseplates on the warthog throttle. They have the same footprint which Panther described/measured...plus there's rubber feet on the bottom of the bottom plate.

You could remove the bottom plate if you don't want/need the rubber feet, which will drop the unit about...oh...1/4" combined between the height of the rubber feet and the metal plate. Not very precise, but 3/16, 1/4, something like that. (Or if you're metric...call it roughly 6mm).

The second plate, if removed, would take another ~ 1/8 / 3mm off the height.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As for me, I've not seen TARGET yet.

I'm hoping that's because someone else is doing the hardcore software testing. September is 10 days away (I know, the 30th of September is 40 days away...) and you guys haven't even seen the TARGET software yet?

I don't want to be a chicken little here but as we say in the airline world... standing by for push-back...

...but as we say in the airline world... standing by for push-back...

Let's hope you're not pushing at Kennedy! ;)

The square-ish plate is said to be removable leaving you with a cylindrical device that can be more easily mounted cockpit style to the middle of your legs.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Right. That round part is a touch over 4 inches....about 110mm.

The trim ring with all the screws in it (right before the gray locking collar on the stick grip) is about the size of the cardboard at the center of a roll of packing tape or duct tape...a bit under 3.5 inches...about 85mm.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's mounting holes in the baseplates for each piece. You could mount them that way.

Both baseplates are held on with machine screws. M4 if I'm not mistaken. (If not M4 then either M3.5 or M3). You put screws coming "up" through your mounting surface into the stick's base. Square mounting pattern, holes about 2.4" / 62mm apart (on the "sides" of the square)

No need to remove the throttle's plates, really. They add less than an inch to the footprint. Could probably do the same if you wish, however.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got an e-mail stating that my Warthog will be shipped the 15th of next month!!!

Wow, it's so soon I can't believe it's happen I just need, I want to I reallyAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Can I ask who that was with?

I'm really kicking myself for not pre-ordering with Amazon.co.uk :doh: