Hotas Warthog Priced

To me it seems A10 is further along then is generally accepted. Maybe wishful thinking, but almost 3rd producer note, obvious beta testing going on, some of the testers opening up question threads. Maybe a surprise in store?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiple sources selling this Hotas have confirmed Nov.

The "sources selling the HW" is not the same as THE source. But again, we can keep guessing all day and in the end say: Well, so and so told me a specific date, month etc. and then something changes on these retailer websites...

(I will say that my sources had a slightly different target date in mind). ;)

What's way cooler and most important is that the HW is for real and coming soon - and I can confirm that 100% hands-on.

P.S. The HOTAS Warthog will work with any other sim too! :joystick: (...but unlike DCS you'll have to do a little programming yourself). The HOTAS Warthog unit is basically a Viper handle with an Eagle throttle quadrant anyway, so it wouldn't make sense to limit it to just the A-10 when we fly our favorite sims/planes.

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

At five hundred bucks or more it better be repairable either by the customer or by TM. No more oh its out of warranty.... buy a new one.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

No more oh its out of warranty.... buy a new one.

I keep telling my car dealership the same thing, but after X years and X miles they just say: "You're SOL and here's the bill". :(

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

zzzzZZzzz

Lots of people have found out that its going to pop in November. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that its going to drop with the game and that the two companies are working (smartly) for a synergistic launch.

If that's the case, then it doesent take a rocket scientist to wonder why ED broke the dual throttle capability for the Saitek X65-F from Lock On to Flaming Cliffs 2, and also DCS Black Shark? Why would they do that? to alienate current customers?

If DCS A-10 ships with proper dual throttle support from the forthcoming TM Warthog, but ignores Saiteks X-65F ... We'll all smell a Rat.

DCS should have patched their products for the X-65F by now, (They broke it) but with the forthcoming A-10 product in development ... I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Cheers.

I've mentioned this before and am close to being banned for it:)

What a thread! ;)

I've been involved with the Warthog from the first meeting when we discussed what to develop for flight simmers, through each production prototype and addressing each issue in turn. I won't add my opinion on it because it'll no doubt attract criticism similar to some of the posts in here.

I will however say that comparisons with the Cougar are, whilst understandable, without basis. This is something just completely different. I bet if it didn't have a TM name on it the soothsayers in here would be all awash with excitement.

I will just pick up on the comments directed at Wags. I can state categorically that units were sent out to the ED guys without any obligations whatsoever. It was very much a: "We'd like to show you what we're doing. Let us know what you think and whether you'd be interested to support these natively in DCS A-10. And if you have any feedback or ideas, we'd love to hear them." If Wags or others are happy to promote the Hog and give it good feedback, then it's received with gratitude. And that's it.

Im still a big fan of a force sensor modded Cougar and hall sensor modded Cougar throttle being predominantly a Viper driver. But I do use the Warthog's grip on my FSSB modded Cougar. And the Hog's throttle is great for all its backlit switches and for when I want to fly a two engined jet in Falcon.

I'm very much looking forward to flying this thing in DCS A-10. It does look awesome from the vids I've seen!

Anyway, whichever HOTAS you fly with, remember we're all simmers. Being such a small niche market, let's be grateful to all those hardware and software developers who facilitate out enjoyment of this hobby.

Cheers

Nutty

• Like 4

That it is, Nutty.

Honestly I was hoping you'd manage to make the E3 event. Would've been nice to meet ya.

I've spoken my mind (more at SHQ than here) with no reservation. If people choose to call me a fanboy over that, so be it. Those who end up with these will see that what I've said wasn't empty, flowery praise.

• Like 2

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

What a thread! ;)

I've been involved with the Warthog from the first meeting when we discussed what to develop for flight simmers, through each production prototype and addressing each issue in turn. I won't add my opinion on it because it'll no doubt attract criticism similar to some of the posts in here.

I will however say that comparisons with the Cougar are, whilst understandable, without basis. This is something just completely different. I bet if it didn't have a TM name on it the soothsayers in here would be all awash with excitement.

I will just pick up on the comments directed at Wags. I can state categorically that units were sent out to the ED guys without any obligations whatsoever. It was very much a: "We'd like to show you what we're doing. Let us know what you think and whether you'd be interested to support these natively in DCS A-10. And if you have any feedback or ideas, we'd love to hear them." If Wags or others are happy to promote the Hog and give it good feedback, then it's received with gratitude. And that's it.

Im still a big fan of a force sensor modded Cougar and hall sensor modded Cougar throttle being predominantly a Viper driver. But I do use the Warthog's grip on my FSSB modded Cougar. And the Hog's throttle is great for all its backlit switches and for when I want to fly a two engined jet in Falcon.

I'm very much looking forward to flying this thing in DCS A-10. It does look awesome from the vids I've seen!

Anyway, whichever HOTAS you fly with, remember we're all simmers. Being such a small niche market, let's be grateful to all those hardware and software developers who facilitate out enjoyment of this hobby.

Cheers

Nutty

+1 Perfectly articulated. Couldn't agree more.

Out

Edited by PoleCat
  • Like 1

My VTB bretheren, is it too late to suggest they sell these two seperately??? They do function stand alone. The hardcore crowd, who they're obviously pricing this thing toward, is not going to use the stick base. They all have mods for that area, Nutty even said he's using the handle on his FSSB. I see most of us pumping out $520 for what amounts to a sweet throttle and a slightly better handle. Honestly- not worth it. The VTB is Guillemot's connection to the hardcore community. Pass the message along that even the most avid flight simmers, who fly everyday, are having sticker shock. I know its too late to suggest they make the thing out of plastic (like the real deal) but it might not be too late to box them seperately!

Respectfully,

Burner

• Like 1

@Teej - one of the most disappointing decisions I've had to make. TM asked me to go out to E3 at their expense, but the timing wasn't good with work commitments that I just couldn't reschedule. Very very frustrating for me I can tell you. :(

@Burner - from Day One I've suggested selling the throttle separately because I see the possibility that more will be sold then to guys who want to stay with their current sticks (brand irrelevant), but just want a split throttle or better throttle option. I saw this as particularly relevant to Cougar owners. That was all before the first prototype landed here. Now, having used the new stick, seriously ... you will want to own one of these. Like I said I love my modded Cougars, but the new stick base and grip is to die for. It is very .. very .. very good indeed. One day I'll tell the story of how and why this came about ... from Cougar gimbal issues, to the T16000M to the Warthog. It's really fascinating. I'd better wait for my contract and NDA to run out first though! ;)

Cheers

James

Hi, James!

Glad you chimed in on this train-wreck thread but I doubt it will change the tone from those that simply won't admit that they cannot justify spending $$$ for what they essentially view as a toy. The Cougar wasn't a toy and the WH isn't either, but of course a spousal unit may beg to differ :-)

I cannot wait to get mine even though I already have two modified Cougars and a RCS. Flight simming is one of my most enjoyable hobbies and really, compared to my music hobby, a whole lot cheaper overall. I've already heard enough about the WH from folks whose opinion I trust that I'm not sure how much it would have to cost before I would complain about it.

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

heheh The X64 costs over 400 euro here...my guess is that HW will be over 500. Brace yourselves :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

@Teej - one of the most disappointing decisions I've had to make. TM asked me to go out to E3 at their expense, but the timing wasn't good with work commitments that I just couldn't reschedule. Very very frustrating for me I can tell you. :(

@Burner - from Day One I've suggested selling the throttle separately because I see the possibility that more will be sold then to guys who want to stay with their current sticks (brand irrelevant), but just want a split throttle or better throttle option. I saw this as particularly relevant to Cougar owners. That was all before the first prototype landed here. Now, having used the new stick, seriously ... you will want to own one of these. Like I said I love my modded Cougars, but the new stick base and grip is to die for. It is very .. very .. very good indeed. One day I'll tell the story of how and why this came about ... from Cougar gimbal issues, to the T16000M to the Warthog. It's really fascinating. I'd better wait for my contract and NDA to run out first though! ;)

Cheers

James

Any plans to update foxy? Or will it even be necessary? And a million thanks for that amazing piece of software which has stayed with me since release as flight sims have come and gone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cheers

James

James,

I already want to own one of these. -Like I want to own a Ferrari-

TMs prospective customers of course WANT both stick and throttle, but would be much more likely to actually buy just one or the other for half or 2/3rds of the price. TM will sell more product this way. The increase in cost, shipping/boxing seperately, could be offset by a slight increase in price buying them piecemeal. I'd happily pay $280 for just the throttle.

On a personal note, I love the new handle but could never go back to a desktop deflection stick. Just not happenin. Considering building my own floor mounted deflection stick cause I'm crazy like that!

Cheers

James

Can´t wait to read it! :)

^ Completely agree with Coolts. The U2Nxt & CubPilot hall sensor mod is comparable in price to the TM WH stick. If it's anything near as good (I'm sure TM have learnt from these mods) then it will be well worth it.

Plus there's 7 axes worth of halls here. 2 stick, 2 throttle, the microstick and the slider where the real bird's friction lever is are all Hall effect.

@Burner: Yeah, I've thought about building a center setup for this as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Any plans to update foxy? Or will it even be necessary? And a million thanks for that amazing piece of software which has stayed with me since release as flight sims have come and gone.

The software won't be an updated Foxy, but it sure looks like it's going to have all the functionality that's needed.

As I said over on SHQ, I haven't seen the GUI "T.A.R.G.E.T." software except for what was shown at the media launch event. The software that I've been using for programming is script based. I'm not going to say too much about this, as it has been very much "beta" level, and capabilities evolving frequently. I don't know how whether this specific software will be in the release product, although I fully expect all the functionality (and then some) that I've been working with will be available to everyone, however.

My impression is that there will be options in how to program these bad boys - TARGET for fast, easy "get me flying NOW!" programming....and scripting capability (whether or not it's what I've been using) for those who need more complex functionality. By release, I think there should be no problem implementing something like a Jagstang Falcon profile.

Put simply - Nutty's been involved with the project from the start. Even if he's not actually writing the software, it's a safe bet that we're not gonna get screwed on software functionality. :D

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice to read these imputs, +1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

From Amazon:

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on July 27 2010 (Order #026-5152565-7607522).

"Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle for PC"

Estimated arrival date: October 29 2010

Amazon usually get these revised estimates right, (for me anyway). Might book a few days off work for the "warthog familiarisation**" period.

**switchsturbation? ewWWWWW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

From Amazon:

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on July 27 2010 (Order #026-5152565-7607522).

"Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle for PC"

Estimated arrival date: October 29 2010

Amazon usually get these revised estimates right, (for me anyway). Might book a few days off work for the "warthog familiarisation**" period.

**switchsturbation? ewWWWWW

:D

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Put simply - Nutty's been involved with the project from the start. Even if he's not actually writing the software, it's a safe bet that we're not gonna get screwed on software functionality. :D

Yes, and let me clarify.

Regarding functionality, one of my jobs was to propose the capabilities in detail of the underlying software that will be used across several projects. The software that Teej has access to is essentially a reasonably low level scripting software to test these capabilities. It underpins any software layer that chooses to sit on top of it (eg. TARGET).

I have stated that it is time to retire Foxy and my aim has always been to retire it by having a hand in something far more capable. Whilst I've also had the opportunity to detail some ideas for the GUI, and have done so through various docs and meetings, I've purposefully declined the offer to get involved further as I cannot give to this project the time that I was able to give to the Cougar and Foxy, due to life and work commitments. Guillaume is looking after TARGET and I'm hopeful many more people will find programming their controllers much easier than Foxy allowed. Of course, the hardcore can get scripting and really go to town.

So with whatever software that TM releases, credit goes to their developers and teams, not me. ;)

Cheers

Nutty

Thanks for your input James. It’s good to have some substance to these discussions otherwise we end up gnawing the same bones to death, (me included).

From my perspective, on the software side, we worry that the new SW will be either dumbed down and restrictive, (like other HOTAS i have used), after Foxy allowed us to do basically anything, or initially daunting and time consuming, (also like Foxy - thats the challenge for the devs?)

The ideal solution would be for something to get us up and running as quickly as possible then as deep and configurable as needed, allowing scripting, conditionals and macros. From your posts, this looks like being the case.

Yes, and let me clarify.

I'm hopeful many more people will find programming their controllers much easier than Foxy allowed. Of course, the hardcore can get scripting and really go to town.

Lets hope the included docs for whatever scripting & configuration capabilites are included are as concise and complete as your manuals for Foxy were. I printed all those out and refer to them to this day.

Rock on!

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

nope. no panels. no pedals. but....

big lovely throttle

with a million buttons

proper switches

new hall sensors (no more cougar faffs)

metal

heavy

heavy metal

OK I am now suitably jealous. I do have my new MFD panels which eases the pain slightly, but darn I want one.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png