Step Right Up, and Place Your Bet  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Step Right Up, and Place Your Bet

• May. Seriously! Stop laughing!
    • June or July
    • August or September
    • October - December
    • There will be no patch

When do you think a patch for 1.1 will be released?

This comes along 1.2 in 2007 for pay 40,-USD! :D

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

All speculation of course however for those of us who have had the game since it was originally released as 1.0 it took 8 months to get the first patch.

I know this if they dont patch 1.1 before releasing 1.2 alot of people will not support this sim anymore

Soulesssig.gif

Cmon guys..I'm sure they are well aware of the problems that need attention. Be patient, these things happen.

Heres hoping it's going to be sorted out soon.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

come on man! They still havent managed to properly release the 1.1 . I say 2006 or never.

Don't forget the addon was designed for the Russian market and released there on CD a while ago. All this fuss is about the limited western distribution. Put it in perspective.

• Like 1

what? that a very bad exuse , if the game was not intened for the western marked , they would't have release a press-release abouth it. Ofcourse it's intended for the western marked also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wolverine, it's just you.

This poll has nothing to do with whining, it has to do with when the community expects ED to release the patch. Not when the community wants the patch released. I honestly don't think community pressure made ED release anything before it was ready. And by the way, there will still be bugs after the patch. We know that for fact. ED has stated that certain bugs are too deep in the code to fix. Hopefully, bugs introduced by 1.1 will not be in that category.

For those that need clarification, consider the poll question: When will ED finish the patch?

ED stupidly set a planned release date

ED basher. ;)

• 3 months later...

Hi all.

I think the patch will be released when it's ready. In it's 10 years of sim development, ED has had a superb track record for product support. Other simulation developers have come and gone. ED has stood the test of time, in large part due to their product support.

Ah the good old days. Hard to believe how far we've come since 1996!

frogfoot.jpg

http://www.fsrz.net/flanker/flanker.html

In 1996 I had a Playstation and a WebTv, so a computer to me then was like a caveman with a stick and fire. My point is, that screenshot struck me. What version of flanker is that? How was the gameplay? Could you taxi? Select payloads? Was there AWACS support? These questions ran through my head and I saw what ED had going on ~9 years ago.

I too believe that ED is a great company producing a great sim and they have my full support. -KILSEK

December !

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

What version of flanker is that? How was the gameplay? Could you taxi? Select payloads? Was there AWACS support? These questions ran through my head and I saw what ED had going on ~9 years ago.

I too believe that ED is a great company producing a great sim and they have my full support. -KILSEK

The version is either 1.0 or 1.5. Gameplay was awesome, although the AI wasn't terribly effective, however that was more a function of the lethality of weapons - SAM's were quite formidable.

The payload system is pretty similar to what we have now, but in drop-down form. You'd be able to find your way around Flanker 1.5's mission editor if you've used Lomac, no problem. It used a lovely clean windows GUI, in fact it was one of the first games to exploit the windows interface, and initially was released as Win95 only, although a DOS version followed.

You could taxi around to your heart's content, but you only ever started missions on the runway or in the air. Awacs support worked exactly the same way - targets would be visible on the fishtank screen in passive BVR mode. BVR mode itself was totally different. No HUD targetting overlay - It was all done on the MFD.

In 1.5 the SU27 also had a huge A2G suite, bombs, GBU's, Napalm, KH29, Rockets, ASM missiles, ARM missiles etc.

A2G radar gave you a plan view of the 3d world ahead of you, dependant on your antenna orientation, sort of like a crude ground-mapping simulation.

It was a great game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]