DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I'm new & trying to learn what I can, so bear with me a second.

Is the a-10c still in "Beta" and considered to be "still in development"?

It's long out of Beta, however DCS is constantly evolving/improving, so the A-10C is due a texture update, etc. to match the improved quality of newer modules and fix GFX issues caused by the move to 2.5.x.

Some A-10C weapons are used by the Hornet and ED are taking the opportunity to update weapon models, guidance logic, etc, - these general DCS World 'improvements' may cause bugs in older modules like the A-10C, so are pushed to Steam's

• "openbeta - Public Beta versions"

branch for wider public testing/feedback first.

Can it be moved out of open beta - to the other steam edition?

(It takes a long time to reload the different versions is why I ask).

As the A-10C is an older modules, it's available in all of Steam's DCS 'beta' branchs as well as the main 2.5 'release' branch, selected in the Steam beta tab with

• "NONE - opt out of all beta programs"

The difference between release "NONE" and "openbeta", should be relatively small ~3-5 GB, but Steam will validate the current version before performing an update/downgrade.

In the case of 1.2.16 or 1.5.x versions, you are rolling back to DCS versions that are several years old and use older maps, textures, etc., - you are effectively re-downloading the whole game.

It would be nice to have it with my other ones or... did I miss something?

If you bought your other modules on Steam, they'll be available in "openbeta" but like the A-10C, may be subject to minor regression bugs, texture issues, etc.

Note: When you change DCS versions, you also update any modules you own to the new version i.e. the Hornet (released in 2.5.x) wasn't available in DCS 1.5.x

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

A-10c Beta or regular?

Thank you all for such a informative replies. I'm new-ish and i'm trying put things where they should be, so I can try multiplayer. All my planes etc were bought from Steam.

Yes, I'm confused and maybe mixing things up. I was hoping to consolidate (or move) my a-10c to the regular steam version if that was possible or, should it live where it is?

My a-10c (ver 2.5.4.28615) is in the open beta but not in my regular DCS Steam edition. Is that the latest version and, is it where it should be? Thanks for the assist.

Yes, I'm confused and maybe mixing things up. I was hoping to consolidate (or move) my a-10c to the regular steam version if that was possible or, should it live where it is?

My a-10c (ver 2.5.4.28615) is in the open beta but not in my regular DCS Steam edition. Is that the latest version and, is it where it should be? Thanks for the assist.

If by open beta, you mean you've bought the A-10C module from ED's store and are running 'Standalone' Open Beta - then, NO it can't be transferred to your Steam version.

However by linking your Steam profile to your ED account you should be able to import most/all your Steam modules to DCS standalone.

Please note that the transferred products will now be available in your Standalone install and also remain available in your Steam Version.

You may also only transfer from Steam to Standalone, Standalone to Steam transfer is not available.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3751441&postcount=1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 weeks later...
Should the ALT SCE switch (depending on the position it is in), change the displayed altitude on the HUD ?

Im going to guess it does not. Since the hud symbology already includes separate displays for rad alt and baro alt, having the switch change either would be confusing and extraneous.

I was surprised not to see more options in the iffcc test menu, but only metric and tapes settings come up.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I have the disk version of A-10C (not sure what version, will check this afternoon) how do I add it to my world install? (so that I can use the A-10 in the world interface)

Thanks

P.S. Do I do the same thing with The original black shark (not BS2 but the original)

Edited by JJflyer

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

16gb 2400 RAM / Ryzen 5 3600 / ROG Strix RX 570 /750W thermaltake PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the disk version of A-10C (not sure what version, will check this afternoon) how do I add it to my world install? (so that I can use the A-10 in the world interface)

Thanks

I would use SkateZillas excellent DCS Updater tool to download and install the module. First time you want to fly the A-10C it will ask you for a serial number. Input the serial from the disk version and you should be ready to go.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Edited by tintifaxl
Link to tool

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I would use SkateZillas excellent DCS Updater tool to download and install the module. First time you want to fly the A-10C it will ask you for a serial number. Input the serial from the disk version and you should be ready to go.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

How would I download and install it though? I have it downloaded on its own so would I have to delete it? and how would I have it installed in the right place? Thanks

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you tried to bind the serial number from CD cover to your account on DCS website?

I bought it used off of eBay would it still be able to bind?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okey, so now with the new JDAM FM, what does it mean if the carrot indicating the start of the release window is not on the 12 o'clock position ?

QMKk8Nc.png

Does this mean degraded accuracy because not enough flight time or what ? The lower the starting carrot is, the lower the accuracy

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

This has always been like that and it just means that the release windows is shorter and/or comes later afaik. It should not have any effect on accuracy.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If the seller has unbound the key, you should be able to bind it to your account.

I bought it used off of eBay would it still be able to bind?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

This has always been like that and it just means that the release windows is shorter and/or comes later afaik. It should not have any effect on accuracy.

I think it meas more than that now, because it the top carrot is lower than 12 o'clock you accuracy starts degrading (with lower altitude releases (not enough flight time))

If it was only for a shorter release window why not just keep the carrot ot 12 o clock and move the second one close, doesn't make sense, it should have a purpose

'Shadow'

I think it meas more than that now, because it the top carrot is lower than 12 o'clock you accuracy starts degrading (with lower altitude releases (not enough flight time))

If it was only for a shorter release window why not just keep the carrot ot 12 o clock and move the second one close, doesn't make sense, it should have a purpose

But that's nothing new. The carrot moved lower than the 12 o'clock position since as far back as I can remember and the accuracy was always the same in my experience.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

But that's nothing new. The carrot moved lower than the 12 o'clock position since as far back as I can remember and the accuracy was always the same in my experience.

That's what I am trying to say... it is not that way anymore....

now the lower it is, the bigger the inaccuracy, so I am asking for a definition for it... I am about to create some threads under the general bugs sections, as both Maverick, JDAM and HARM guidance is broken right now

'Shadow'

Should the ALT SCE switch (depending on the position it is in), change the displayed altitude on the HUD ?

Perhaps the plot thickens. Was just browsing AFI11-2A-10CV3 and encountered this which suggested hud alt can differ when in nav

3.10.2.2. If the other flight member/element is also blind, then the flight lead will take action to ensure altitude separation based on the cockpit altimeter or sector deconfliction off a known point. Use a minimum of 500 feet altitude separation when directed to deconflict by altitude. Avoid climbs/descents through the deconfliction altitude. Low Altitude Safety and Targeting Enhancement (LASTE) HUD altimeter readings should not be used as the primary altitude reference for deconfliction due to the potential of significantly different altimeter readings if not operating in NAV mode. Once deconfliction is assured, pilots may use SADL to assist in regaining visual.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

• 4 weeks later...

purposes = {--render_purpose.GENERAL,

render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW,

render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT,

render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT} -- set purposes to draw it always

render_target_always = true

end

NOTE: on MP, I got rejected because my client in "teinted"

Hello Guys! Can you tell me, if there is any info on when the new cockpit model is expected to be implemented? I am really looking forward to this. :)

No, there isn't.

Tornado3 small.jpg