DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Can anyone tell me how to set the camera so i can pan around the cockpit by using my right mouse button and zooming using the wheel like in Falcon 4.0 BMS? I find it irritating to have to use the numpad.

Im a veteran of Janes F-15 and F-18 and i recently decided to give BMS and now A-10C a go. Thanks anyone who can answer me

Can anyone tell me how to set the camera so i can pan around the cockpit by using my right mouse button and zooming using the wheel like in Falcon 4.0 BMS? I find it irritating to have to use the numpad.

Im a veteran of Janes F-15 and F-18 and i recently decided to give BMS and now A-10C a go. Thanks anyone who can answer me

Press Alt-c which switches the cockpit between mouse click and mouse look. You might be able to remap it to right click but that could pose difficulties in the end.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I'm not a subject matter expert by any means, but the simple answer would be yes.

As you've probably noticed on landing the AOA indicator changes with optimum speed based on gross weight of the aircraft. So it would not be optimal to formation land if your wingman has quite more ordinance/gross weight than you do. This is where a good flight/element lead comes in to play.

I could go on and on, but generally during training the same amount of fuel should be used across the entire flight, with the exception of a few hundred pounds for rejoin, and the same amount of ordinance should be dropped. Therefore, everyone should be close to the same gross weight on landing.

With realistic takeoff intervals the wingmen would burn quite a bit of fuel on rejoin, though. It's probably not as big of a deal for the A-10 but for gas-guzzlers with afterburners I can see it being a big issue when considering a formation landing.

With realistic takeoff intervals the wingmen would burn quite a bit of fuel on rejoin, though. It's probably not as big of a deal for the A-10 but for gas-guzzlers with afterburners I can see it being a big issue when considering a formation landing.

Unless the flight lead is at the upper limits of mil power thus forcing rejoining flight members to use afterburner, then I would still say no. I don't know how realistic fuel consumption is on BMS as to real world. For the sake of argument, let's say it's close. I takeoff and maintain 5 degrees up at 300 IAS until my flight of 4 rejoins, usually within 100-200 lbs difference.

So it should be pretty close unless they're forced into that situation or they don't manage their fuel consumption properly. :)

• 3 weeks later...

How to uninstall correctly

Hello, first let me say that if this is the wrong place or this question has been answered I apologize I did several searches from several different places with no luck.

My question is this, I have in the last several years had to reinstall my OS and again a couple times after I built a new comp, during these reinstalls I noticed my "install number" for A-10 has gone down. I think I still have 1 or 2 installs left but would like to know if there is a way to uninstall A-10C so that I do not loose any more of my installs of A-10C?

I hope this is clear if not; as you know when you purchase a module you get so many installs like 10 I think. Each time you install that number drops by one. Is there a way to deactivate the registration key so that number stays the same?

Any advice would be greatly appriceated

I think I still have 1 or 2 installs left but would like to know if there is a way to uninstall A-10C so that I do not loose any more of my installs of A-10C?

Yup, though it's a bit hidden and the documentation about it is out-of-date.

The following refers to A-10C for DCS World, the paths are a bit different if you have an old "standalone" version. If you run into problems with this, just post a follow-up. :)

In the installation directory, locate a10_protect.exe. In my case, that's:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\bin\a10_protect.exe

Double click it, then select "Activate or deactivate program" and "Continue":

attachment.php?attachmentid=93121

In the following dialog, locate "Deactivate" and take it from there:

attachment.php?attachmentid=93120

That should be it.

On a side note, once all your activations are depleted, one will be replenished every 31 days so that you'll be able to activate it once a month for all eternity (this is in case ED goes out of business or some other kind of unplanned event).

Besides, you could also contact ED's customer support. From what I've heard, they can grant you new activations if you explain why you're about to run out of them. :thumbup:

capture_20140116_001.png.e7ee0f39f6af5cc2cd9f5998a928a5e0.png

capture_20140116_002.png.fbc520e4dccd4ec47e73ab5ca2d9bc94.png

Thank you very much for the reply, I seemed to remember something like this but could not locate info for it in the time I spent looking:doh:. As I am reinstalling my OS on a smaller ssd and have my flight sims on my current 128gig ssd later today I was feeling rushed.

I did not know that they did a reactivation every month, good to know as well, I thought I would have to get a hold of CS and wait while they reviewed my case if I did run out. I am very impatient when it comes to flying, so little time for it these days. :)

Thank You again!!

Hi, could you please tell me when I can use deactivation or activation? They appear to be the same. If I reinstall my OS in a new SSD, what do I have to use, deactivation or activation?

You'd want to de-activate the game (to reclaim the activation) prior to starting your new operating system install.

Essentially what you're doing is equivalent to replacing your computer with a new one, i.e. moving your licensed copy to a different computer. So, deactivate on the old one, and then re-install on the new one which will then require activation.

• 2 weeks later...

hello,wondering if anyone can help me.I have installed my retail copy of DCS A10c from the disk and just installed DCS world I downloaded from this site.How do I go about combining them?I cant seem to find the answer anywhere I have looked so sorry if its super obvious.:smartass:

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

hello,wondering if anyone can help me.I have installed my retail copy of DCS A10c from the disk and just installed DCS world I downloaded from this site.How do I go about combining them?I cant seem to find the answer anywhere I have looked so sorry if its super obvious.:smartass:

You probably don't - most likely the retail DCS A-10C you've got is an older standalone version prior to DCS World. You can have it installed but it's essentially a separate product, so you don't need it installed to fly the A-10C in DCS World.

What you'll want to do is install the A-10C module, either from the modules page in DCS World or download it from the website. You should be able to use the serial number from your boxed copy to activate the new module.

This was kind of the problem I ran into. I seemed to have misplaced my stand-alone A10c Warthog CD but still had the manual and Serial Number. I downloaded the version from the site so I could install it in DCS World but it turned out that the S/N I had was not valid through DCS World.

Seems the only option would be to buy the S/N to go with the Downloaded version.

If it's not working you could probably contact the support team via the DCS website help ticket system to get assistance. The module's more like a free update to the standalone version than a separately-purchased sequel.

Of course if you love ED/TFC and want to through money at them, then by all means purchase it again! :)

Thanks guys.I went into DCS World and tried to add A10c thru the module manager but it said I do not have the serial number.Now I am a huge Steam fan for the simplicity of it all and have noticed that Steam users are also having a hard time getting this type of issue fixed.If I were to actually go thru the problems to get this all sorted out I would most likely get the Steam version but money is tight lately,right now I am flying with a T.16000m only and keyboard.;)

That gets me to my next question which is....does combining DCS World add features to the A10c that running it alone doesn't have?Most importantly is I REALLY need the ability to go to controller setup while in game ability that DCSWORLD has.Trying to setup a keyboard to do all the functions this game has is very hard when you have to exit out for each small change,enter back in to game to see if you like the new keys etc etc.:doh:It has taken me 1 whole day to stumble upon a good view system flying with just keys and I fear it will take me weeks to get a fully functional system setup.If DCSWOrld adds this functionality then I see no choice but to try to combine them.

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Most importantly is I REALLY need the ability to go to controller setup while in game ability that DCSWORLD has.

This functionality has just recently been added to version 1.2.7 of DCS World and all the modules. It's not available for older versions, so you'll have to go the DCS World + A-10C module way. :)

A little question.... the A-10C AFM was been "approved" by ANG / USAF / Fairchild to A-10C or only was a develop to a desktop trainer A-10C systems based with "no aproved" AFM? if approved, the ANG collaborate with ED on the develop with pilot supervision and flight / wing tunnel / other data, to make realism to the A-10C AFM?

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I don't think the ANG folks had anything to do with the AFM. They did not care since they were buying a button-pushing trainer, not a flight trainer.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

When climbing out from the runway to let's say a cruise altitude of angels 18 to avoid AAA fire, do you leave the flaps extended while climbing at 180 kts until you've reached angels 18? Or do you generally retract them at around 170 kts as per training instructions and continue climbing at 180 kts?

Also, do you extend them if somewhere along the route you are going to increase cruise altitude by 6k or 7k?

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

When climbing out from the runway to let's say a cruise altitude of angels 18 to avoid AAA fire, do you leave the flaps extended while climbing at 180 kts until you've reached angels 18? Or do you generally retract them at around 170 kts as per training instructions and continue climbing at 180 kts?

Also, do you extend them if somewhere along the route you are going to increase cruise altitude by 6k or 7k?

Flaps are exclusively used in the take off and landing, or in situations where a lower stall speed is desirable.

Flaps generally create drag which is undesirable for attaining fuel economy. You're basically supposed to raise flaps as soon as is safe. Since flaps auto-stow at 185 knots its normal to raise them within the first 10-20 knots gained above takeoff speed.

Edited by P*Funk

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.