DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Hi aerick911.

Thanks lots , yes that what I looking for. All the best to you bro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

Probably because each word is recorded separately and therefore it sounds disjointed and robotic. One way to get around this would be to use something similar to the voice narrator used in windows, but better and less nerdy that is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's weird that they went for recording every word like it was last word in a sentence. The opposite approach would give better results, IMO. The bottom line is that even with single file for single word they can be recorded more neutral to better compose in sentences. Unless they used some sort of generator...

It's probably the case of limited time again sothe question is - are they modable?

Edited by Bucic

It's weird that they went for recording every word like it was last word in a sentence. The opposite approach would give better results, IMO. The bottom line is that even with single file for single word they can be recorded more neutral to better compose in sentences. Unless they used some sort of generator...

It's probably the case of limited time again sothe question is - are they modable?

Who knows, why don't you take a peek through some folders.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

According to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com I won't be able to play DCS: A-10C. I thought I bought a 4GB RAM PC, but it's listed as 3.7GB. All other specs are good.

I noted DCS:A-10C lists RECOMMENDED requirements and nowhere do I find MINIMUM requirements.

I'm on the fence about purchasing. Any others who play without 4GB RAM? Does it still perform well?

Thanks!

AMD Phenom II X4 805 Processor, 2.5 GHz rated at: 5.25 GHz; 4 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 6870; Dolby 5.1 surround; Logitech 2.4 cordless joystick; TrackIR 5+Trackclip Pro

Windows 7, 64bit || DCS:A-10C Warthog, Strike Fighters 2: Europe | IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 | Free Falcon 5.5

I have some good comparison because I played on my system with 2 and, after upgrade, 4 GB of RAM. The performance gain from having additional 2 GB of ram was minimal. Let's say it was less than boost you get by switching from Windows XP to Windows 7 for Black Shark system.

You have a 32bit os, don't you? You'll never be able to use all 4GB on a 32bit os.

I have 4GB on a 32bit os aswell, and I'm able to play withou issue.

No I have:

AMD Phenom II X4 805 Processor

2.5 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.25 GHz

3.7 GB RAM

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2, 64-bit

ATI Radeon HD 4650, 2.6GB, Pixel & Vertex shader both 4.1

Logitech 2.4 cordless joystick

TrackIR 5

I expect this weekend to upgrade to Windows 7 and a Radeon HD6870

So, would this run smooth, or is upgrading the RAM necessary?

Thanks, also for the amazingly fast response!:thumbup:

• Like 1

AMD Phenom II X4 805 Processor, 2.5 GHz rated at: 5.25 GHz; 4 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 6870; Dolby 5.1 surround; Logitech 2.4 cordless joystick; TrackIR 5+Trackclip Pro

Windows 7, 64bit || DCS:A-10C Warthog, Strike Fighters 2: Europe | IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 | Free Falcon 5.5

KaelNL,

3.7 GB is perfectly fine. After you upgrade your graphics card the bottleneck will be the CPU, unfortunately. 5.25 GHz is some marketing mumbo jumbo. I would seriously consider motherboard+CPU upgrade. Mine is a cheap ($65 second-hand) C2D E7200 2.53GHz overclocked to 3.7 GHz using cheapo power supply, cheapo memory sticks and $30 CPU cooler and I'm guessing this is a better CPU when compared to yours. If you can't afford CPU upgrade yet try to overclock your current CPU.

That said you are already set for DCS BS. You will just need to cut down most of the settings and spend some time reading tweak guides.

Edited by Bucic

Pause button no work

:helpsmilie:Hi everyone.

Heeeelp please,Since I download the last update for A10C Warthog (1.1.0.6 ) the pause button dont work anymore . Try everything but I'M sure I missing something somewhere .I very appreciate any help .

Thanks and all the best to all.:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

I once saw a really nice PDF document on these forums that had a comprehensive list of air defenses and their engagement envelopes. Does anyone happen to have a link to this?

This one?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68182

According to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com I won't be able to play DCS: A-10C. I thought I bought a 4GB RAM PC, but it's listed as 3.7GB. All other specs are good.

I noted DCS:A-10C lists RECOMMENDED requirements and nowhere do I find MINIMUM requirements.

I'm on the fence about purchasing. Any others who play without 4GB RAM? Does it still perform well?

Thanks!

It's probably because you're running a 32 bit OS. It can't fully address 4GB of memory. You should be fine - 4GB isn't required.

Edited by bartleby
DCS Wiki! :book:

Pause button work good

:)Thanks Nate--IRL-- the pause button work good now. I followed you advise on 02-27-2011, 09:13 PM #10

Nate--IRL--

ED Testers Team

If that still doesn't work go to C:\Users\<User Name>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\Input\A-10C\keyboard and delete Keyboard.lua

Thanks lots bro.

All the best to you and all.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

how can i get Modman 7.3 to see the DCS A-10c? its listing everything but the A-10 =(

Bear in mind i know there is an update on the lockonfiles site but I cannot log in to download it. I tried resetting my password but the system wont sent the link to my email address so I cannot reset it atm. I would ask for help from the admins but I cannot contact anyone on the site. I click the contact admin option and it just says "Default mail client not is not properly installed" What ever im supposed to do with this info is beyond me. All i need its an address to send a request for help to =(

PS I just tried to log in with Twitter and it says the page is invalid.

I currently have no way to contact anyone about my Passwords.

Edited by andysim

Lua setup.

It looks as though the configuration of lua has changed somewhat with the more recent DCS releases. The developer journal talks about testing lua connectivity with the listener.lua script, but this file doesn't appear to have made it over to A-10C. Has anyone got any pointers on setting up a connection with luaSockets with A-10C, in particular I'm looking at connectivity between one pc hosting A-10C and another machine that can read/write configuration parmaters??

I have two questions. If they already been set, sorry, please show me where the answers.

The first question for the graphics: Although is a sunny day - view of the environment creates to me impression that it is cloudy, or as if the contrast is reduced. I have turn on HDR and TSAA.

Second question relates to the ground crew: Although I told them to switch off the external power source, and received confirmation that they did, when I go taxiing, I get a warning "Hey, what are you doing!" it's a bit annoying.

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

• 2 weeks later...