Gbu-38 versions and Sniper pod and 30 mm question

The Beast

Hi all

First question which version(s) of the GBU-38 will be modeled? Just the 1 or will the 4 be modeled as well? The 4 would come in handy for CAS mission with troops "danger close"

Second will we have a sniper pod for scanning/lazing?

Third which types of 30mm will we have? HEI/AP/TP? or will we be limited to 1 kind?

Thanks guys!

Cool thanks man! Its a pod so it works for me. Any clues on which stations it will be allowed to be mounted on? Im pretty sure it can only be mounted on 2 or 10.

I can only recap what the big guys have already disclosed, nothing in this regard IIRC, sorry.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Cool thanks man! Its a pod so it works for me. Any clues on which stations it will be allowed to be mounted on? Im pretty sure it can only be mounted on 2 or 10.

Btw. i personally would speculate that all 1760 compliant stations can hold the LITENING II IRL.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Litening and Sniper Targeting Pod Capability:

I expect we'll see lots of hot debate on which targeting pod is better than the other, but both of these targeting pods, with their integrated FLIRs, laser designators, and high-zoom optics, when combined with today's smart weapons and battlespace-wide datalinks, have revolutionized ground attack warfare. Either pod can be carried on station 2 or 10 on an A-10C, freeing up more stations for more convincing weapons like the Maverick or JDAM.

from page 3 on this article: http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_446a.html

Btw. i personally would speculate that all 1760 compliant stations can hold the LITENING II IRL.

Oddly enough i think there are a few more connections than 1760 but i could be wrong. And for the record sta 2 and 10 are not 1760 complaint as far as JDAMs go

from page 3 on this article: http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_446a.html
Either pod can be carried on station 2 or 10 on an A-10C' date=' freeing up more stations for more convincing weapons like the Maverick or JDAM.[/quote']
Yikes! I meant to emphasize that the pods can ALSO be carried on stations 2 and 10 - this was an intentional upgrade. I don't have any literature that confirms one way or the other, but I would think stations 3 and 9 still retain the capability to carry the targeting pods, like they are carried on the A-10A+. It's entirely possible that in real-life practice it's never done, but I have no reason to believe this capability was purporsefully removed.

And for the record sta 2 and 10 are not 1760 complaint as far as JDAMs go.
According to this contract mod' date=' 1760 was added to stations 1, 2, 10, and 11 for the A-10C and according to this document the A-10 has 1760 capability on stations 3,4,5 and 7,8,9, so I'm confused as to which stations really have 1760 or not. Remember that MIL-STD-1760 specifies an INTERFACE: you can think of it like a specific kind of cable with a special connector on the end. Just because a station has 1760 doesn't mean it can carry and deliver weapons that also use 1760! The pylon needs to be able to handle the weight, have ejection mechanisms/cartridge capability, etc.

I thought a "Party Mix" of HE/AP was mentioned' date=' I can't remember properly though.[/quote']http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/gau-8.htm

A typical combat load for the GAU-8 would include 1,100 rounds of 30mm high explosive or armor piercing ammunition. The 30mm API is mixed with 30mm High Explosive Incendiary (HEI) at the factory and is called Combat Mix Ammunition. The ratio of API to HEI rounds in the Combat Mix is 4:1. Combat mix is a sequential mixture of DU and HEI rounds in which 1 HEI round followed by 4 DU rounds are fired by the AN/GAU-8 gatling gun. DU is the primary munition for the A/OA-10 in a combat environment.

Edited by EinsteinEP
  • Like 2

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

Yo, good to see you're got your brains back together... Sorry, can't answer neither of your questions... thou I do know answers to both of them... NDA...

Are we going to be able to use the external fuel tank that the a-10 carries on centerline hardpoint? What about napalm?

Edited by Peyoteros

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are we going to be able to use the external fuel tank that the a-10 carries on centerline hardpoint?

The Hog can carry the external fuel tanks on stations 4 and 8, too.

kind regards,

fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What about napalm?

W.....T.....Are you serious?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Woohoo, I love the smell of Napalm in the morning!

May sound cool, but any idea what it does? Specifically to people?

If your hit by it and people try to pull you to safety they literally will pull all your flesh from your bones. Now is that cool or what.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Noone wants to see skin melting off of peoples flesh. But of course thats the beauty of simviation. You can crash and burn and just hit reset. So while the practicality of napalm in a sim like this is pretty much nothing, it sure would be cool effect. Then again Id love to see a tactical nuke too.

• Like 1

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

If your hit by it and people try to pull you to safety they literally will pull all your flesh from your bones. Now is that cool or what.

well, getting hit by some 30mm shells or a GBU isn't that nice either :P

The Hog can carry the external fuel tanks on stations 4 and 8, too.

kind regards,

fire

I know. I am specifically talking about the big :censored: one on the centerline.

Yo, good to see you're got your brains back together... Sorry, can't answer neither of your questions... thou I do know answers to both of them... NDA...

Yeah, That was crazy. Out of coffee ;)

Go ahead, Make it idiot proof, someone will just find better idiots...;)

In a simulated enviroment HELL YEAH. I don't think it be hard for ED to code either I've done some graphic design it's easy..........:megalol:

Noone wants to see skin melting off of peoples flesh. But of course thats the beauty of simviation. You can crash and burn and just hit reset. So while the practicality of napalm in a sim like this is pretty much nothing, it sure would be cool effect. Then again Id love to see a tactical nuke too.

When talking about "simviation" I believe you forgot the "sim" part.

You know: you'll get what the real aircraft actually use, not what you think is a "cool effect".

If you want "cool effects". go here: http://hawxgame.uk.ubi.com/

The rest of of us will simulate the real world, remember what that means, and not consider the dismemberment of people as a "cool effect". The "beauty of simviation" isn't that you are able to see people burnt, the beauty is that we can simulate real life combat aviation and take our own understanding out of that.

And I'll stop there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester