DCS A-10C producer notes number one!

You bet.

I hope it's going to be a complete re-write. During the past few years gaming world came up with better looking water with much lower performance hit (e.g. Il-2 for nVidia cards). Also there's still this thing with water being rendered under the terrain...

It's also about time to say goodbye to the current flares effect. It's not much to be proud of when 90% of players replace them with reasonably done MOD right after they install DCS.

do you mean the general video quality? Or the quality of the content?

I mean the video quality... I can barely see the some instruments in the cockpit, let alone the details in grass and runway textures etc...

Ka-50s producers notes were released in fair quality via youtube (limited by size) and in high resolution via ED's website. Same will happen with DCS: A-10C videos.

AFAIK the 1st producers note will be available for download, soon.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

So the water will be improved, that's great news! :)

Any plans on including vapor this time around? The A-10 doesnt generate as much vapor as lets say an F-16, but it certainly would add to the experience to finally get some nice vapor effects in DCS :)

It might not be compatible, they can't be sure yet until A-10C is finalised. At some point FC2 will have to stop being compatible or it will start to hold back improvements to DCS.

Personally, while I do see some positives to having MP compatibility there are also quite a few negatives as well. I won't be sorry when FC2 is no longer compatible, especially if it allows ED to concentrate on further DCS modules.

At this point, I think it would be like shooting itself in the leg, We would need atleast 1 or 2 more DCS aircraft, for this to be an acceptable compromise... :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a lil weird visual thing at 37 seconds.... canopy scratches when the canopy is up? strange

Saw that too, but in the second note released today. Remember it's still Alpha code. ;)

wmplayer201006292032231.png

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Video was recoded and uploaded to YouTube at 720p HD.

Ok the problem seems to be the version that youtube permits me to see. In my country, unfortunately, youtube is banned we can just see youtube videos via proxy filtering (i.e. vtunnel etc) tricks...

Anyhow, I will have to wait for the downloadable content...

Turkey... Some of the internet stuff is banned because of their illegal content... On youtube there are some movies against the founder of our republic and movies supporting seperatist terrorist organizations... But this must not be the way of fighting against illegal content...

• 2 months later...

This was asked a few months ago with no reply, or one I couldn't find, so I'll ask again.

Will A10 have IVC (in game voice comms) through the radios like Open Falcon has? It adds so much to the sim since 80% of a pilots job is communicating. :)

Edited by BoneDust
spelling

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

This was asked a few months ago with no reply, or one I couldn't find, so I'll ask again.

Will A10 have IVC (in game voice comms) through the radios like Open Falcon has? It adds so much to the sim since 80% of a pilots job is communicating. :)

I don't think all of the final features have been confirmed. Perhaps that's why there's been no reply. We should find out soon enough though. :)