DCS A-10C producer notes number one!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Amazing. The model is gorgeous (And yes I think the A-10 is the second sexiest aircraft of all time behind the F-14.) and my future office is looking awesome. How often will you be releasing producer notes?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

Amazing. The model is gorgeous (And yes I think the A-10 is the second sexiest aircraft of all time behind the F-14.) and my future office is looking awesome. How often will you be releasing producer notes?

I am in no way associated with DCS or The Fighter Collection. I simply saw this video under my subscriptions on Youtube. I was amazed nobody has posted it here so I decided I would.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but damn, the pavement looks so detailed!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Does anyone know if we'll get IVC this time?

What is IVC?

Does anyone know if we'll get IVC this time?

Huh? :huh:

Sim looks sweet ED! Looking forward to the next Producer's Note!!! :thumbup:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Nice!

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

It might be the quality of the video, but the overall engine quality looks to be an improvement.

It's just conjecture with that quality, but there appears to be some sort of overal glow, some new lighting going on, "HDR"?, runways looks more populated (could just be the from the mission editor), the runway is more detailed and the "grass" makes a big difference.

I just hope the draw distance for the grass is enough to make it look good without hitting the performance a massive ammount.

Looking good though!

Will BS get these engine improvements?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This cockpit is so "stocky" :D

Waiting for more, of course in HD quality! :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

IVC is internal voice comms.. or in game voice chat lolol.

internal voice comms seems better... either way its the ability to use comms in game insted of team speak..which is way more realistic and fun

The effect (possible HDR) on the light through the clouds looks excellent. In fact the overall cloud effect is a big improvement. Whilst I've never been a big fan of the A10, this is looking like a phenominal sim and I can't wait to climb in and start playing with switches.

Fingers crossed the KA50 is bought up to the new engine spec shortly after release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for the video! Cockpit looks great! Yeah, it is "brand new", but so are the most in reality right now.

Concrete bump map seems a bit overdone - it looks like it's uneven by more than 2 cm, and I doubt real airfields are so degraded or badly made.

I think the "glow" or HDR-look is just by-product of video conversion, which is quite bad - Youtube 720p HD is capable of much better picture. But enough whining.

It's nice that the developers remembered their own forum, as lately most of the information came out through other channels (E3, interviews on other sites). Looking forward to the next instalments, and I hope developers will describe what level upgrade our A-10C will have. Precision Engagement Increment 3.1, 3.2 or 3.3? Do we have SADL Data link? Blue Force Tracker?

• Like 1

Overall graphics are quite improved.. Clouds, terrain, grass, trees, textures. IIRC the smoke effects too from previous videos. The clouds and the grass really impressed me. It gives to the sim a more natural feeling, instead of that cartoonish one from previous sims. And the AC too is at the highest level made possible (as expected from ED devs :thumbup: of course)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Looking forward to the next producers note :book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: i7 920, GTX295, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, 1TB WD, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 1000W Corsair PSU,

Coolermaster Cosmos "S" case, X-52pro, TrackIR 4