Mission Editor MOD

Blindspot

I've got question regarding AND and OR functions.

BLINDSPOTs_ModdedME.jpg

We have two windows now. Let's say I want to create condition that if one of groups enter to zone something happens.

So as I understand OR works only between that groups which are in window A and B. So it means everything which is in A window is covered by AND to each other? and everything in B window as same as in window A? But generally these two windows at the end are taken into OR functions?

To clear it:

Window A:

GROUP A

(and)

GROUP B

(and)

GROUP C

(and)

GROUP D

Windows B: (or)

GROUP A

(and)

GROUP B

(and)

GROUP C

(and)

GROUP D

So everything in A window is as one big group as same as in B window. Do I understand it right?

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and you can choose between

1) (AND) OR (AND)

2) (OR) AND (OR)

This means for the scenario in the picture, that Flag2 will be set IF simulation time is greater 60 seconds AND EITHER FLAG1 is true OR Unit#1 is inside zone Z1. In other words, "at the earliest of 60 seconds after mission start, Flag2 will be set to true if either Flag1 is set or the unit is inside the zone, what ever will be true first".

If you now hit the button "(A) OR (B)" leaving everything else as it is, Flag2 will be set IF EITHER time is greater 60 Seconds OR all of the conditions in list A (Flag1 is true AND Unit#1 is inside zone Z1) are met. This means "what ever will happen to Flag1 or the unit, at least after 60 seconds mission time Flag2 will be set true. If the unit is inside the zone AND Flag1 is true at the same time, Flag2 is set to true even before 60 seconds are over."

I implemented two lists because simply changing between AND and OR in one list does not allow what is needed so often: a set of OR combined conditions (like "player 1-8 penetrate trigger zone") under certain circumstances (like "we are in war").

Edited by Blindspot

Я только понимаю Вокзал.

Modifications for the flags patch (see this post) is here. I just created a diff and applied that patch but haven't really tested much - seems to be working okay. Also two very minor aesthetic changes.

Edit: attached is a modman-compatible version of the patch, which only includes the two files I've changed so must be installed over Blindspot's mod.

Note: this is pretty out-of-date. You're better off using the patch in my first post.

FlagsPatch_v1.7.zip

Edited by nomdeplume
Mention updated patch
  • Like 1

Another update to my patch for Blindspot's wonderful work. Same basic functionality, but I've also added lists for zones, groups, and units.

Edit: Since I can't seem to attach the same file to two different posts, I've attached it to my original post on the first page, so go here to download it.

Edited by nomdeplume
Removed attachment

Since fixed wings can work with the Akulas.. the job is double in ME!

Thanks for the hand! It's too difficult finish two missions in ME at the same time for FC2 and BS, working fine ! All of those little great helps, save time!

Really, thanks !!

:thumbup:

ESA_Achurro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A great "AddOn" to the Mission Editor MOD would be a separate file/base of Unit templates! Templates that could be imported/exported and shared in this comunity. Today you hawe to bulid your templates by yourself or copy from missions, not so easy to share ;)

(HJ)

Next features could be some more complex rules like "GROUP INSIDE ZONE" or "COALITION INSIDE ZONE" or "ANY UNIT IN ANY ZONE" or smth like that.

Also I find it's a good idea to track rule dependencies. (->nomedeplume :thumbup:). I think about to implement this a bit more "space saving". Would this be ok?

Edited by Blindspot

Я только понимаю Вокзал.

Thanks... no other words... :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Now where talking about it. Would it be possible to make certain trigger messages only appear for certain aircraft?

As for the Coalition Inisde Zone trigger, would be nice if we could also select the type of unit. (for example ground units only) so that an strayed off fighter

wont set it off while its not meant to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Sorry for bothering you.

Someone knows why I cannot see the "CLONE" Button in the Unit List window?

I play with 1152x864, but I tried to change the resolution in the options without results.

Also I cannot understand for which reason if I click on "Hide all" and then on "Show all", automatically it checkes the box "Hidden on map". :huh:

I post a screenshot to show you what I mean.

Thank you in advance, and congratulations for the great work! :thumbup:

2134369189_Editorproblem.thumb.jpg.886e5e05f6a44ed5739b78e35c2842d7.jpg

That button is just next to Hide all. Your resolution is too low... minimum 1280 :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

That button is just next to Hide all. Your resolution is too low... minimum 1280 :)

I have tried it, but nothing...

Edit: it was the monitor resolution, not the game's one... now I can barely see the first letters of the word "CLONE" with 1280x1024.

Any ideas for the second issue?

Edited by TheHawk86

Thanks, Blindspot! Great mod! :thumbup:

GROUP or COALITION INSIDE ZONE will be great, too! :clap_2:

Would it be possible to achieve "detected by coalition"?

"Detected by coalition" is not achievable by simply combining existing functionality. This would require changing the game runtime what is not wanted because of compatibility and integrity reasons. I'm sorry, the answer is NO at present.

Rules like coalition- or group-zone combinations are possible because they are only a shortcut (like a macro) to existing rules and therefore only require the extention of the editor logic. They make life easier because you don't have to hack all these existing units into OR-combined "UNIT IN ZONE" lists and you do not have to take care of recently added units you maybe forgot to add to those lists. You simply have to add one smart "COALITION.." or "BLUE GROUND UNITS IN ZONE" rule and the editor does the rest. That's the idea.

Я только понимаю Вокзал.

I have tried it, but nothing...

Edit: it was the monitor resolution, not the game's one... now I can barely see the first letters of the word "CLONE" with 1280x1024.

Any ideas for the second issue?

It would be possible to place the buttons below the checkboxes but that "wastes" space and makes the already short group list even shorter. Would this be really neccessary? Please use 1280pix or above hor resolution ... and now you know that "CL.." means "CLONE". :)

Я только понимаю Вокзал.

"Detected by coalition" is not achievable by simply combining existing functionality. This would require changing the game runtime what is not wanted because of compatibility and integrity reasons. I'm sorry, the answer is NO at present.

I understand. Also, thanks for all the work! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.ecv56condor.com.ar

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4

8Gb Kingston 1333

Nvidia GTX 460 1Gb

Saitek X-52 Pro

Saitek Ruddels Pedals

TIR 5 + Clip Pro

Win 7 64b

Can you make the groups in zone functionality so it can be saved within the editor for later use?

For example. I add 4 groups into a custom group. A custom grouping is basically just something exclusive to the editor and all it does is it ties those 4 unique groups together and acts as if they were 1. Whenever the custom group is added into a trigger it automatically inputs every unit from those 4 groups into the trigger.

It could be used for ground vehicles in the same battlegroup but with different waypoints, or a general selection of client aircraft.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum