Mission Editor MOD

Blindspot

I am just tinkering on a multiplayer mission and discovered your mod. Huh, wish I had discovered it a year ago, so much time would have been saved...

Most useful mod so far imho... thumps up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question.

There is any way to reactivate a AI group that has already been destroyed?.

I know how to trigger activate a group but once it is destroyed I don't know how to respawn them.

launcher201011242050212.jpg

launcher201011242050407.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/f/launcher201011242050212.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/f/launcher201011242050407.jpg

Edited by jtmedina

[*]The new button "CLONE" creates a deep copy of the currently selected unit group including waypoints, targets, target categories, units, their payloads and liveries.

Invaluable for modyfying campaign missions into their cooperative multiplayer versions!

I have a question.

There is any way to reactivate a AI group that has already been destroyed?.

I know how to trigger activate a group but once it is destroyed I don't know how to respawn them.

http://img405.imageshack.us/f/launcher201011242050212.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/f/launcher201011242050407.jpg

I think it is not possible to reactivate a destroyed group, please someone correct me if I'm wrong. You could duplicate your original group and let it "sleep" until you need to activate it. (...but you may want to do this an infinite number of times, don't you??)

Я только понимаю Вокзал.

I think it is not possible to reactivate a destroyed group, please someone correct me if I'm wrong. You could duplicate your original group and let it "sleep" until you need to activate it. (...but you may want to do this an infinite number of times, don't you??)

Exactly. Here is what my idea basically is.

I was trying to create a trigger imitating a radar station on an enemy base.

Every time the player passed over that trigger(the radar station), an enemy squadron scrambles from the nearest base. That squadron would be only respawn if it was dead without any need to copy it.

That's the idea.

If we could respawn dead units without copying them we could create a mega dynamic mission where every enemy base could have its own scramble group to intercept the player trying to the destroy the base. Also having a limit on the number of respawn of a certain group would be great to create the effect of the supplies and reinforcements of the enemy coalition.

I don't know if you could tweak the mission editor to allow that. It would certainly be great. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

@nomdeplume

Any chance you can port the info list panel to DCS-A10C beta's mission editor. Its one of those tools that helps minimize insanity caused by my habit of making complex scenarios with hundreds of flags.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 months later...

Sadly Blindspot is very busy this time. RealLive always first. ;)

But I told him last week that we will need him to creat a new EditorMod.

I have been trying to reverse engineer your mod.I hope you dont mind too much. I love it in FC2 and I have had a very hard time making missions in DCS without the clone button. Also toggle was a big one.

I found only 3 files that have clone in them. All my attempts to copy paste bits and pieces have failed... If anything works ill let you know. I have very little LAU experience.

Again. ED if your reading. Add this to the ME! my mouse has gone defective after one making one mission in DCS!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well. I managed to get the clone button and toggle to show up in the ME. When I started to try and get them working they caused so many errors. I undid what I started. It showed some promise. If Blind and Dragon ever want someone to help test out. I would be more then willing to help. Time permitting of course.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
@nomdeplume

Any chance you can port the info list panel to DCS-A10C beta's mission editor. Its one of those tools that helps minimize insanity caused by my habit of making complex scenarios with hundreds of flags.

Preliminary version is attached (for 1.1.0.6 or 1.1.0.7 - files involved weren't changed by that patch). The code actually pretty much worked when copied and pasted, but I was never happy with it, so I've gone for a much simpler implementation. In particular, I'm no longer trying to rewrite every single rule and I'm just using the built-in representations of them. The downside is it's a bit more verbose/ugly to look at, but the upside is it's easier to maintain and should work with any new rules/actions that are added by ED without requiring modification.

I still need to incorporate references to actions that are attached to a group's waypoint. I think the only one I can reasonably access will be start/stop condition flags, but that'd be useful to have listed in a central place. Haven't even begun to look at how they're storing those, hopefully I'll have the energy tomorrow, and it won't prove too difficult for my tiny brain.

The attached ZIP contains the modified files and the directory path, so if you're brave you can simply extract it to the base A-10C install directory. I've included the original files so you can restore the original version even if you forget to back it up yourself.

FlagsPatchA10C.zip

Edited by nomdeplume
Also works for 1.1.0.7

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this is coming for dcs a10c?

Its really nice!

So please, if u read this Blindspot, do it again :)

THX!

Dedicated to the community, V1.7 of my Editor MOD is available here:

Lockon User Files and here: STP Forum

BLINDSPOTs_ModdedME.jpg

(please hit "Refresh" if you see the old image)

By installing this MOD the following features are added or changed in BS Mission Editor

Coalitions

• Now you can change coalitions at any time. Click on the new coalitions icon to open the coalitions dialog.

Trigger Editor

• Newly created trigger objects will be inserted into the trigger list behind the currently selected trigger item - not at the end anymore.
  • In trigger dialog, there now are arrow buttons at the top of each listbox, so you can move the currently selected item one position up or down within the list.
  • The new "CLONE" buttons below each of the lists create a deep copy of the currently selected trigger, rule or action and insert it behind the selected element.
  • Changed the width of the two trigger edits "Name" and "Type" to enhance readability. If this proves to be helpful other edit box widths could be changed as well in future releases
  • In trigger dialog, there now are two rule lists that are AND or OR combineable. The two modes ((OR) AND (OR)) and ((AND) OR (AND)) can be selected by pressing the new buttons "(A) AND (B)" and "(A) OR (B)" between the lists. It's up to you to leave one list empty. Existing missions created in older or unmodded installations are compatible and can be edited without limitations. Missions containing AND/OR triggers are runtime compatible with unmodded hosts.

Unit List

• The new button "CLONE" creates a deep copy of the currently selected unit group including waypoints, targets, target categories, units, their payloads and liveries.
  • The new buttons "SHOW ALL", "HIDE ALL" and "TOGGLE" work like their counterparts in the trigger list dialog but only the visible list elements are affected. So, using the filters, you can selectively show or hide groups of elements or toggle between them.

Map View

• This MOD features <51>Case's "bearing bugfix"; Thank you Case!

Missions created and edited using ModdedME run on unmodded installations too. Missions created with an older or unmodded version can be edited without restrictions. Use ModMan to install.

For further details you can visit http://spare-time-pilots.de/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=543 or post your questions here.

Version history

V1.7

NEW: in trigger dialog every listbox now has arrow buttons to move list entries up or down within the list

NEW: in trigger dialog every listbox now has a button "CLONE" that inserts a copy of the selected item

NEW: in trigger dialog there now are 2 rule lists (A and B) and two buttons "(A) OR (B)" and "(A) AND (B)" that allow different logical combinations of rule items

NEW: contains <51>Case's bearing bugfix. Thank you Case!

FIX: Hammer (STP) and Pat01 (eagle.ru) found out, that liveries of aircraft are not copied for cloned items, what is now fixed. Thanks Pat and Hammer!

INFO: Cloning units moves the first waypoint a few hundred meters away from it's original position to prevent "ghost objects" in map editor, but this could change the waypoint task.

V1.6

NEW: coalitions can be edited at any time and for existing missions.

FIX: button "duplicate" in units list now (at least partially) visible at horizontal screen resolution of 1280px

V1.5

FIX: bug in trigger duplicate function caused groups of existing triggers to change their type when a clone's type was changed

FIX: airfield information was missing of cloned groups that start on ramp

V1.4

First public version.

• 2 months later...

@ fichtel:

Blindspot is a =STP= member, you can contact him directly in the STP-Forum you'r a member of. ;)

@ all: Blindspot is still very busy because of his job. I don't think that he can add this functions to Worthog soon. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry if I missed this here or somewhere else.

Is there a way to install this Modded ME manually, other than copying directly? I've tried several times and always get error messages that some files are missing when I start BS. I can't find my note with the file names, but they seem to be mission editor files.

Thanks.

This mod is NOT working for Warthog / BlackShark2!

The whole data structure of the editor was changed.

Sadly Blindspot is busy (private) and can not change the mod again.

But a other STP member is working at a new mod.

At the moment he have massive problems to save the edited miz file.

I hope he can find a solution, else we have no change to mod the editor. :(

Sorry if I missed this here or somewhere else.

Is there a way to install this Modded ME manually, other than copying directly? I've tried several times and always get error messages that some files are missing when I start BS. I can't find my note with the file names, but they seem to be mission editor files.

Thanks.

I forgot to mention that I'm running BS 1 with patch 1.0.1. When I start BS I get an error message saying that the (filename).LUA minizip is missing. The filename changes with each loading and BS fails to start. All of the Modded ME files are then listed in the error message.

Edited by dsobbe

• 7 months later...
I forgot to mention that I'm running BS 1 with patch 1.0.1. When I start BS I get an error message saying that the (filename).LUA minizip is missing. The filename changes with each loading and BS fails to start. All of the Modded ME files are then listed in the error message.

Please use ModMan to in/uninstall.

Я только понимаю Вокзал.