OK so LOMAC has the AFM for ....err.....ummm

Well I am sorry but the Su27 was the 'draw' in Flanker series, err maby why it was called em ... flanker :D

Lock On isn't Flanker. The "draw" is a personal preference. Everyone has a favorite and they are not all the same thing.

I'm sure ED is working on an "AFM" for other aircraft for future products.

Interesting. You'd think a Suwhiner would be overjoyed over the increased radar modes and options that 1.1 has brought.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

That's more information than we need to know. Thanks. :)

Congrats on the new pilot.

Yeah I know, was a bit tired, :)

If Findlay is anything like his Dad, he won't even want to fly a kite let alone a flight simulation.

One can but hope, as long as he only builds peace keeping missions of course like me ;)

Thank you for the kind words Carl.

Mizzy

"but to make an AFM for the su-27 you would need a supercomputer from the future, sent back by the makers of Terminator 3"

Heh heh, that should keep the trolls away.

Now seriousely, making an AFM for the 27 isn't that easy as making one for a more conventional plane, let's say a su-25t. The aerodynamics are a tad bit more complex (well, if you want to have a non-scripted cobra). So, maybe in lomac 2 or whatever ED may create after 1.2.

By then we'll have PPU's, so no more bad fps, w0h00!

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

By then we'll have PPU's, so no more bad fps, w0h00!

he he, I remember that was said back when I had a 486 and 3d accelerators were being previewed. :D

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

he he, I remember that was said back when I had a 486 and 3d accelerators were being previewed. :D

Let's not hijack this thread by discussing how inefficient and user-friendly the program coding has become. (not pointing at lomac, just at all the software nowdays)

I like the su-25t's AFM, but it's actually too bad we don't have planes with "power" (read: fighters) with AFMs. And if they'll add an AFM plane in the future, it either may be a new flyable or a retrofit for all the current flyables (just multiply the number with .5 and you'll see how many years it would take to complete them)

I think you'll find that if they made AFM (which would be very hard btw) for Flanker or Fulcrum, these planes wouls have become MUCH harder to fly... Also not many people would be able to handle the workload. I'm guessing/hoping that ED could somehow make "simple" and "AFM" models for all planes in future project, or the sales would be quite poor... Only hardcore simmers would teke a year to learn how to fly MiG-29 properly and not crash all the time... and unfortunately, not many simmers are left...

I think Su-25t was a test bed for the future, and so will be Ka-50. So I wouldn't get your hopes too high. However, for next project... if everything goes according to plan we will have a bright new and shiny sim, with AFM's, dedicated server, stable FPS on top end machines, and excellent modelling of enviroment and weapons (not that it's bad now)

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

That sounds like a dream come true......

It's something that I'm waiting for myself.....

But I don't know, just how long do you think that ED will take to release this????

I'll bet that the work has allready gotten underway, we might even get some updated hints as to what the plans are for this new one.....

Any one care to speculate???? (LOL)

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

You can take care of the problem of flying an AFM by having a scalable bar for the AFM. I don't think that it would take too long to fly a Mig29 with AFM unless the person is completely new to flight sims. The major hurdle is learning russian to start the engines and avionics use, but that can be overcome by using the same engine start training programme as Falcon4 SP4s for ramp starting the F-16. It high lights which button is next in the order of the procedure. If they make a Fulcrum/Flanker with AFM it'll sell very well now as both aircraft are popular worldwide. Besides what do you think will be countering the F-16, another F-16 ;) How about an Su30, now that would rock. Hey how about 2 modes for the FM, AFM with full avionics and AFM with FC level avionics.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Whoa, why said anything about avionics? AFAIK they're planning on using the same avionics as in lomac (no INS alligning or idle detent engine startups). I certainly wouldn't need those features, becasue they're of little value to the total experiance.

Now, not wanting to trolljjack (trolling and hijacking combines) trhis thread, I don't see any reason why the flyables could not recieve the AFM, the only problem is time, and costs associated with time.

This thread has potential, but no purpose, because the devs are gods and they decide what they should do, hail to the devs :P