thrustmaster warthog hotas!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/17/thrustmaster-unveils-its-perfect-replica-hotas-warthog-flight-co/

dcs a10 gameplay also above

notice how they say it will release this september, just in time for the DCS A-10C

also, in one of the pictures, it shows the home screen of the DCS A-10C. Give the pics a good look, there are an amazing amount of buttons on the throttle, looks awesome. I know if I buy this i will feel bad for spending so much money on something I hope to fly in the future =]

Edited by kingneptune117

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

RELEASING THIS SEPTEMBER!!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

mmmI'm not sure I like the response of we're not sure how much to charge for this kind of precision? It better not cost over 400.00. Cause if they do. I better get a free copy of A10c with that HOTAS.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

mmmI'm not sure I like the response of we're not sure how much to charge for this kind of precision? It better not cost over 400.00. Cause if they do. I better get a free copy of A10c with that HOTAS.

Ya. over 400 would be way overdoing it.

400 dollars for that product is actually relatively cheap, in my opinion. It's a lot of money, sure, but you get a lot of stick for it. That thing is no rickety plastic x52... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

400 dollars for that product is actually relatively cheap, in my opinion. It's a lot of money, sure, but you get a lot of stick for it. That thing is no rickety plastic x52... ;)

Seriously because one is not willing to spend a certain amount on a HOTAS of this caliber DOES not mean it lacks quality just that it's out of your price range!:music_whistling:

Finally a HOTAS that almost specifically built for simpit builders, this thing will mount like a dream and have a much smaller footprint.

FFS, can't find it, but read somewhere that if you plug in the HOTAS with DCS:A-10, it will automatically load a profile that is true to the real A-10 regarding control setup and axes :)

Panther's interview (audio) with Wags :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Look here, eh -> A-10 hotas and DCS A-10C interview/preview

FFS, can't find it, but read somewhere that if you plug in the HOTAS with DCS:A-10, it will automatically load a profile that is true to the real A-10 regarding control setup and axes :)

YES, that is true. Freakin awesome. It was in this interview between simhq lady and waggs.

Also, for sim pit builders, how would you take the stick off of its base and mount it to a longer stick that extends to the floor so its like the real thing?

Disconnect stick, disconnect wires, plug into stick extention, plug in wires, done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

No word about rudder pedals .. too bad....

Over at the SimHQ preview they say that there is no support for native rudder pedals. Both stick and throttle will connect through USB separately (unlike the current Cougar) so you should be able to use whatever set of rudder pedals through USB (which is what i do now with my Cougar).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 3 months later...

What I dont undersatnd is the secretive path these people take with both DCS and the TM Wart Hog. FFS why dont they just give us some release dates so we can at least look forward to it especially now its so close. We have not even been told if the estimated release date of this month still holds. Infact the key-commands/DCS A10 manual and the WHHOTAS should be released at least 10 days before the SIM itself so we can have everything programmed and set up so taking to the skies is instant. :pilotfly:

Knowledge over others especially of this sort gives people power rushes and its the only efffing reason its kept so secretive. :mad:

This kind of crap makes me want to go out and buy a Wireless logitech Wing Commander that comes bundled with F16 Agressor.:megalol:

I think you'll find the reason the release dates are kept secret is because they're not known. The game isn't even finished yet, so while they're almost certainly going to be done this year, they're not going to give a date, and they haven't even 'committed' to delivering it this year. ED are very particular about this, because they know if they give a release date and then aren't able to release it by that date, there'll be hell to pay. That's why Wags has always been careful to say things like "we hope, pray, desire to release it before the end of the year" instead of "it'll be released before the end of the year".

Presumably the HOTAS is 'finished', but getting it released relies on a whole bunch of disparate things coming together: manufacturing, supply chains, etc. I don't know how the business works, but I imagine there's various contracts between various parties and any one of them can kick up a stink and delay the whole process. So even if they go give a release date, I'd still take it with a grain of salt.

So just chill out. There's some cool stuff coming, and huffing and puffing won't make it get here any faster. Even if you could strongarm them into giving a solid release date, they'd just say "June 2011" or something to give themselves time to get it finished and released. And then you'd probably be pissed off when they released it early, spoiling your careful plans. :D