TACTICAL MAP NOW FOR SALE

JimMack

• ED Team
Hi Jim / Igormk,

Does the chart come folded or rolled?

Great stuff guys, will be ordering two in the near future.

It comes folded. Rolled would have meant shipping costs would have been extremely high as the tube would have been so long.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

when will it be available on Amazon.com for US residents to purchase.

I have calucated it is 31.07 USD if I order from your site at UK. will it be cheaper if I waited for it to be available in US market?

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

• ED Team
when will it be available on Amazon.com for US residents to purchase.

I have calucated it is 31.07 USD if I order from your site at UK. will it be cheaper if I waited for it to be available in US market?

We can only guess as process can be slow in getting a book/map registered with Amazon. We will let you know when we have more information. As I remember, it took 2 months for the Black Shark manual.

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

ouch!!, I ordered one copy, I will order other copy when it comes on Amazon.com.

looking forward to it. Im hoping the parcel post wont bend the package.

After asking around at a couple of local printing places (who wanted stupid money to print it) I've now ordered a copy.

For those interested in my neck of the woods it came out as $36.95 AUD (with my bank adding $2 bucks for it being international). Can't wait for it to arrive. Much less than I was expecting, I didn't realise the exchange rate was so good at the moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe ED can provide you with an advanced copy of the extended A-10C map files so that you can get working on sheet 2 of the map in time for DCS: A-10C :)

Give the guy a brake man, he's been working hard on this.

On the other hand, would be wonderful to have.

(or some servers that would simply enable the map view F10)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Got mine today! Sweet it´s huge! ;)

Mine arrived today. Its massive! Really clear. Now I need my own war room and some girls with long sticks, (hang on. that gives me other ideas.....:music_whistling:)

picture.php?albumid=333&pictureid=2701

ps. <Jim> - You advise using adhesive film (to laminate the map), and supplied a link. On that page there are about 7 different sizes of film. Can you tell us which one you ordered and how many, if more than one.

Cheers

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Guys, can you take a photo how does it look in real life?

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Mine arrived today. Its massive! Really clear. Now I need my own war room and some girls with long sticks, (hang on. that gives me other ideas.....:music_whistling:)

LOL! :thumbup:

You Brits always know how to PAR-TAY!!! ;)

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• ED Team

picture.php?albumid=333&pictureid=2701

ps. <Jim> - You advise using adhesive film (to laminate the map), and supplied a link. On that page there are about 7 different sizes of film. Can you tell us which one you ordered and how many, if more than one.

Cheers

I used the cheapest size 500m x 10M. This will be enough for 3 maps! It is always useful to have the spare film around the house for other maps etc! For instance, If I need a JTAC map of the target area, I will screenshot the area at 1:50,000 (or whatever scale), print and then laminate.

BUT - PLEASE EXPERIMENT ON ANOTHER LARGE PIECE OF PAPER BEFORE COMMITTING TO LAMINATING THE MAP. I had to experiment several times before myself and a helper got the correct technique without any wrinkles.

Reminder of technique: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=923030&postcount=1

Edited by JimMack
more info

• ED Team
FYI guys, $38.00 + tax to laminate something this big at FedEx Kinkos.

Yes, this cost also applied in volume. I suggest you laminate yourself. We tried to supply the printed map at the cheapest cost possible for users.

Mine arrived in the mail today (3 business days from Cambridge to Melbourne!!! Im stoked!!). Its Epic!! Definately worth the $37AUD, having now seen it I would have happily paid more.

Can't wait to get it laminated and up on the wall. Based on the comments above I think I'll pay to get it done professionally.

My advice to anyone thinking about the map, is go for it! its well and truly worth the money.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used the cheapest size 500m x 10M. This will be enough for 3 maps! It is always useful to have the spare film around the house for other maps etc! For instance, If I need a JTAC map of the target area, I will screenshot the area at 1:50,000 (or whatever scale), print and then laminate.

BUT - PLEASE EXPERIMENT ON ANOTHER LARGE PIECE OF PAPER BEFORE COMMITTING TO LAMINATING THE MAP. I had to experiment several times before myself and a helper got the correct technique without any wrinkles.

Reminder of technique: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=923030&postcount=1

Cheers Jim. I will try it on a few tatty old OS maps as trial runs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Just got mine today too... it is huge map. bigger than my 40 inch HDTV! Impressive, and nice printing. way satisified customer, going to find place that can laminate that map for me :D