I hate the F15

I love the F15

I've mastered all other aircraft in this Sim Including the KA50. Except the F15.

I cant use the Radar for crap. Last night I flew past the AWACS I was trying to shoot down cause I couldnt find it on my radar but I could see it with my TEWS.

I have to be missing something, someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong with this plane. Is there an online tutorial for the radar? I looked at the manual and the training videos but I cant seem to ever use the radar correctly.

Its turn rate seems to suck also.

?

Edited by BlackFallout

Train, train train train MORE unless you're talking about FC 1 - there yes F15 sucks.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

can anyone recommend any sites with training video? That explain what things do instead of how to use them?

Its nice that I know how to turn the radar on and adjust scan alt and range. But if I don't know what it does its kind of pointless.

For me its really easy to find targets with the SU27's radar but not the F15. I couldn't find the broad side of a 767.

I found the training videos for the F15 in the downloads section I hope this will help.

Edited by BlackFallout

Look here:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/a2a.htm

There you have all aircrafts to look at ;]

Personally I also used to think Su-27 radar scheme and how it is presented is better than F-15 unless some people learned me how to ;]

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

it is heartbreaking to read such ineptitude!

Already in CF 1.2.1 with patch F-15 is much better made than before!

Motor level have the right to a less powerful model called but better rendered as FC112 thus made more real and more violent.

The radar APG / 63 70 ... etc. remains a very good radar and hence it does not cheat on the contrary it is still very limited.

The missiles are made in fairly limited (the rate of kill by shooting on fox1 ESR is much smaller than the previous version, the aim9 P (L) + AIM's 120B worth nothing. Only the 120 C is not bad! I say not bad for the IRL 120C-5 is very aggressive in terms of performance as all the famous 120 D AIM or AIM 9x covered with laser helmet) ...

perf it to closely resemble real ones, you just take it in but at its avionics but this is good!

After saying that the F-15 sucks, sucks, sucks ..... too bad.

Just do not say I hate but rather I do not like this plane.

That's better.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

== http://www.3rd-wing.net ==

Extremmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm saying something sucks cause you cant figure it out is a bit childish dont you think?

Anyway reread the part on TWS and STT. And rewatch the tutorial. trust me this planes is one of the best A/A fighters. You cant go wrong with 8 AMRAAMs.

• Like 1

Hmm saying something sucks cause you cant figure it out is a bit childish dont you think?

Anyway reread the part on TWS and STT. And rewatch the tutorial. trust me this planes is one of the best A/A fighters. You cant go wrong with 8 AMRAAMs.

Just re-watched the tutorial. And I'll agree I need to stop being childish.

I started the quick start for the F15 killed the first two targets that start close to you with cannon. Then went to BVR and put the radar in TWS mode set range to 160 and found a target, every time I tried to lock the target it would lock and then instantly unlock. It does this in STT mode also! WTF am I doing wrong?

I also cant seem to find targets with the radar ether. Targets that are only 15km in front of me at the same altitude.........

I doesn't matter how many times i watch the tutorial it just doesn't work for me.

Edited by BlackFallout

160nm is 300km, flanker or mig even no see on this distance:) stt work in 1.0 perfect:) i just waiting new patch with fix f-15 radar, optical system of maveric and shkval, so no patch till this all will fixed, and flaps, this shold got automod in all fighters crafts in game, not only visual effect but with aerodynamic, not only in f-15 but in migs and su, so read forum>new patch(or still with 1.0)>read forum againe> if everything fix, have a fun:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]дайте пояснение слову "ирония"... кучка придурков танцует в самолёте под песню группы погибшей в авиакатастрофе(с) х.ф. воздушная тюрьма

Nothing, you are just fighting against good pilots on servers, try few days with f15 and you will get ur kills, when you come to less skill`s enemy ;)

aha, so radar may be good, well:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]дайте пояснение слову "ирония"... кучка придурков танцует в самолёте под песню группы погибшей в авиакатастрофе(с) х.ф. воздушная тюрьма

"It climbs like a pig, its radar sucks(I've read all manuals but still cant figure it out.),its payloads sucks. Its max alt is 35k without after burners if you want to go up to 40K you have to use the afterburners and if you shut off the afterburners it will lose speed and stall. (<-Not 100% accurate but that how I feel)"

I think it has the best climb rate in the sim. You are just climbing incorrectly. To fly at +41K ft, first build up your speed before the climb. Say 550kn indicated, then climb at 10 degrees, not 50 deg for ex. Once at angels 41 level off. Without tanks you will be able to fly with no burner in FC2. Just don't go pulling 9G turns. If you can, fire from a safe distance then turn with low G. If you are fired on close, dive straight down 90 degrees even though you will mark and extend.

I think it has the best radar in the sim. Use narrow mode where possible as it will scan a certain area quicker than than normal wide mode. You can slew narrow mode left and right.

You need to understand where you are scanning. Check out this picture by Teka Teka

3224359787_62a53239e2_o_d.jpg

• Like 1

"It climbs like a pig, its radar sucks(I've read all manuals but still cant figure it out.),its payloads sucks. Its max alt is 35k without after burners if you want to go up to 40K you have to use the afterburners and if you shut off the afterburners it will lose speed and stall. (<-Not 100% accurate but that how I feel)"

I think it has the best climb rate in the sim. You are just climbing incorrectly. To fly at +41K ft, first build up your speed before the climb. Say 550kn indicated, then climb at 10 degrees, not 50 deg for ex. Once at angels 41 level off. Without tanks you will be able to fly with no burner in FC2. Just don't go pulling 9G turns. If you can, fire from a safe distance then turn with low G. If you are fired on close, dive straight down 90 degrees even though you will mark and extend.

I think it has the best radar in the sim. Use narrow mode where possible as it will scan a certain area quicker than than normal wide mode. You can slew narrow mode left and right.

You need to understand where you are scanning. Check out this picture by Teka Teka

3224359787_62a53239e2_o_d.jpg

That helps out a lot. Thank you.

I just played with the Mig29S and got my ass kicked I couldnt find them on the radar then they were on top of me.:(

Not got any experience with the FC2.0 in A-A, but from other sims I picked up these pointers :

-if available, consult with AWACS often to get steering to enemy. AWACS will tell you the distance from you, the heading from you and their altitude (low = <10000ft, medium >10000 and < 20000; high >20000)

-fighter-sized aircraft will only be picked up by radar at distance smaller then 50 miles

-tilt your radar up and down to scan the correct altitude where the enemy is signaled to be

-when the range to the enemy is less then 10 miles, switch to one of the auto-aquire -modes. This way the radar will lock any target the flies through your scan zone automatically.

BTW : the range setting does not influence the range your radar is scanning at, it only scales the display in the cockpit.

Edited by bengo

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

The Pulse Repetition Frequency (PRF) of the radar should be altered to look for targets that are closing or opening from you. Sometimes you won't see a far target depending on what their aspect is unless you change the PRF.

I usually operate the radar in 40 nm mode and occasionally go longer for a battlespace picture, but mostly if they're not within 40nm they're not yet a threat. Remember also to scan the beam up and down vertically. The closer a bandit gets the further away from your scan zone they're likely to be (take a look at the diagram Crunch posted) unless you point it up and down.

Far targets crossing you won't be found as their relative motion is zero. The Doppler radar determines that that object has zero closing velocity and is therefore likely to be terrain. It applies a signal processing 'notch' to remove such terrain - including the aircraft contact - otherwise terrain would clutter your display. So crossing targets get dropped from radar. The further the target is the less perfect their crossing angle needs to 'stay in the notch' (be invisible to your radar) in this way. Good pilots know how to use the notch so they can close on you and get a sneaky R-27ET shot off at you.

The F-15 radar is by far the best in the game. It takes a while to grok how it works and its limitations (scan zone etc), but in combination with the excellent RWR you can quickly get a decent picture of your surrounds.

In the F-15 you don't want to let the bandits get too close. Fire your missile, support it until it activates its terminal radar and get the hell out of there. If you let the MiGs and Flankers get close you are in trouble so try keep your distance. You might need to take a few shots to get a kill but at least your own aircraft will survive and you'll deny the enemy the area you are in (in real life you have one life and only the very lucky take a missile hit and fly again, so surviving is more important that getting the next kill).

Edited by Moa

I have the same problem in FC2, something with the F15 in BVR mode seesm odd. Can not get a lock no matter what. Same thing it locks and then isntantly unlocks. That should not be happening. Auto acquisition mode works, but if you have to get within 10nm of a Su27 or M29S loaded with R7 or 27ERs just to be able to play, you're likely to loose.

BlackFallout, you have just grown accostumed to russian fighters. If you want to learn some aircraft, usually you should start clean mentally speaking, and let go of any habits you had before.

Reading the manual also helps.

You must have in mind that overall the same limitations apply to every type of aircraft, since they are bound by the laws of physics. Example, if a bandit is outside your radar cone, doesnt matter if you are on a Flanker or Eagle, you won't see him on radar.

But you will find out that the ability of the F-15 to fire slammers at (multiple) targets while still scanning the sky, makes it the best BVR fighter, while EOS, HMS and AWACS datalink gives an advantage to russian fighters in close range.

I have the same problem in FC2, something with the F15 in BVR mode seesm odd. Can not get a lock no matter what. Same thing it locks and then isntantly unlocks. That should not be happening. Auto acquisition mode works, but if you have to get within 10nm of a Su27 or M29S loaded with R7 or 27ERs just to be able to play, you're likely to loose.

Nothing wrong with the F-15 radar. You are describing limitations that can apply to any kind of aircraft - perhaps the contact you are trying to lock has moved out the radar cone, and you are seeing just the history track of it. Or the guy is too far away, or is jamming, or it is in an aspect that makes difficult to lock. The same thing can happen on russian aircrafts - what will happen is that either you won't see them on russian radar, or when trying to lock you woulndt be able.

Radar is not a magical device - it has a functional envelope that you must be aware of.

Be sure not to be in NAV mode when trying to lock targets..

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've mastered all other aircraft in this Sim Including the KA50. Except the F15.

It climbs like a pig, its radar sucks(I've read all manuals but still cant figure it out.),its payloads sucks. Its max alt is 35k without after burners if you want to go up to 40K you have to use the afterburners and if you shut off the afterburners it will lose speed and stall. (<-Not 100% accurate but that how I feel)

I have to be missing something, someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong with this plane. Is there an online tutorial for the radar? I looked at the manual and the training videos but I cant seem to ever use the radar correctly.

Its turn rate seems to suck also.

In general I think the F15 sucks. Are these feelings justified? :helpsmilie:

Well considering that the real life F-15's kill to death ratio is 104-0, no, your feelings are NOT justified. I have spent all my time mastering the A-10A and F-15C in FC2. The F-15 is an extremely capable aircraft. The radar is extremely simple, especially considering the fact that FC2 is not a clickable cockpit therefor the radar is very easy to use.

Oh and by the way, the real life F-15 holds the fastest time to climb record in the world, so if anything it climbs like a "homesick angel"

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70