Radar can see trought mountains...

Yes, in 1.02 radar cannot detect any object trought mountains. In 1.1, I can lock up any pane in mountain terrain TROUGHT mountains. I hope this bug along with terrain preload bug will be resolved.

Only if locked airplane has ECM turned on. Yes it is a bug. Yes, turn your ECM off when behind mountains.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Guest ruggbutt
Only if locked airplane has ECM turned on. Yes it is a bug. Yes, turn your ECM off when behind mountains.

Incorrect. I've locked up planes when flying low in the mountains, I see the target square and they're definitely on the other side.

Yep even sitting on tarmack.

That's not an issue - radars can see things moving on the ground ... the see-through-mountains issue is a problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

In 1.02 between mountains you were undetectable by radars. Now, with 1.1, even with ECM off, radar spikes paint your plane all the time

Can't confirm. This bug is reproducing only if target is carying ECM stantion.

May be a simple track?

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

I've picked up contacts thru the mountains, the F15 Patrol Caucasus mission for one.

Anyway you can do a track for that so that the devs have something to look at?

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

I have the track file showing the bug saved, where i can send it???

Post it here. To do that you can click on reply button and scroll down and there is a button "Manage Attachments", just attach your track, upload and post message.

I cannot watch the track from here ... what was your target, was it at all equipped with ECM, and do you know for SURE that it wasn't jamming, or is it possible that you were within burn-through range?

I'll also note that BT range is a bit funky against AI, I've noticed ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Gryzor is right, and his track clearly shows it... No need to ask further questions GG, just watch the track. ;)

I only rarely fly the F15 and I didn't notice this with Russian planes before. And someone locked me with F15 today when I was hiding in the mountains and no matter what I did, I couldn't see him on my radar. So I'm assuming this bug is present only for F-15's... It surely is the worst bug ever though. (Much worse than the bug which when you use HOJ, the Russian planes get a lock & launch warning and other bugs IMO)

It is a must fix for 1.2. :/

Guest ruggbutt

It is a must fix for 1.2. :/

Incorrect. It's a must fix (along w/the other bugs) for a 1.1 patch.

I viewed the track. This is the caucus mission so all the targets are enemies and have jamming on pretty much throughout the entired track. After a long time flying through the mountains trying to lock on the jamming target he finally does it on the last mountain. It's the ECM mountain bug that has been there like forever

Yes, in 1.02 radar cannot detect any object trought mountains. In 1.1, I can lock up any pane in mountain terrain TROUGHT mountains. I hope this bug along with terrain preload bug will be resolved.

I must say, that I also noticed this in 1.02. Just never thought much about it.

Guest ruggbutt

Fly the Causcasus mission below the mountain tops, and use AWACS only for directional heading. Several times when I kicked the radar on I was w/in 5nm ("merged") and I found I was locking them up on the other side of the mountain.