North Korea/South Korea

Stickers

I'm highly interested in what is going on over there right now. I struggle to find people irl to discuss it, so I bring it to you guys! What are your guys thoughts on the torpedo incident? What's the future for that part of the world? Will this blow over? War?

I sense many pages, sorry bob hijaked the pridiction this time :)

My opinion, Norths has alawys been unpredictable, anything can happen.

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I don't think it would lead to war

Every now and then, N Korea attacks the South, and then S Korean refuse to send food "aid" to the North (mind as well since it primarily feeds the NK armed forces and secret police, not the starving population). And then the North threatens to shoot the next Taepodong missile and our leaders forces Japan and South to send food in the end to keep the peace. Although this situation is a bit more serious than other times, hopefully no war breaks out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's the future for that part of the world? Will this blow over? War?

I know this is cheesy, but I have to point out that technically they are at war already and have been for 50 years. It's a bit of a funny situation to have aid and such stuff being sent across the border while technically being at a state of war.

I don't think this will be causing the war to go full-scale again though. The north has missiles, some fizzling nukes (still would hurt Seoul badly), and a huge amount of infantry. The south would have superiority, and the north knows that and knows that the south has allies - something the north doesn't really have anymore. So the north cannot go to war. The south might know it would be able to "win", but with the sheer weight of numbers that the north has standing it wqould be an extremely expensive victory.

So, like topol-m said: there'll be a while of posturing and then it'll go back to normal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

South Korean must act with restraint because IIRC Seoul in within the artillery range of N Korea's gound-based artillery. The Rand Corporation estimated that there are enough tube artillery or MRLs, just beyond the DMZ, to rain down at least 175,000 rounds on Seoul in the first day of conflict. So, the South Koreans must also consider this fact. Even if the US responses to a blatant attack by the North, it would take days to effectively devastated the North. Our troops, in the DMZ, are but a tripwire and a speed bump.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

South Korea sunk a North Korea boat few months ago, isn't that right? BTW, North Korea has nukes.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Apparently certain analysts with a bit better understanding and current knowledge of the area and particular deployments and fortifications, as well as knowledge of the NK military, think that at this time the NK army would be having a lot of trouble getting past the DMZ, let alone the layered defense set up after that.

Apparently the situation you describe was current a decade ago, but no longer so today.

South Korean must act with restraint because IIRC Seoul in within the artillery range of N Korea's gound-based artillery. The Rand Corporation estimated that there are enough tube artillery or MRLs, just beyond the DMZ, to rain down at least 175,000 rounds on Seoul in the first day of conflict. So, the South Koreans must also consider this fact. Even if the US responses to a blatant attack by the North, it would take days to effectively devastated the North. Our troops, in the DMZ, are but a tripwire and a speed bump.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The problem is that it's not well known who provoked whom, but at that time those were surface skirmishes. The whole midget sub thing is a different deal now.

South Korea sunk a North Korea boat few months ago, isn't that right? BTW, North Korea has nukes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No, North Korea sunk a South Korean boat a few months ago. What's happening now is that the south is coming out and stating that it has absolute evidence that this was not an accident - it was a torpedo attack.

Last time I see a northern ship actually gettin sunk was in 2002. There was an incident where an NK vessel was damaged in a skirmish in November last year, though.

As for their nukes - yes, they have them, but I've yet to see anything that indicates that it has nukes that would be classed as more than tactical. And they'll know quite well that there's submarines floating around outside the coast, each with more firepower than the combined effect of all explosives both nuclear and conventional in the DPRK. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

OR it wants US to guess whether it does really have nukes. It works almost as good as actually having them.

Aye, a page out of the Israeli "nuclear ambiguity" textbook, though with the exception that the DPRK does openly claim to have them - the ambiguity is whether those tests were fizzles, down-yield tests, size of the stockpile, reliability of delivery means and so on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

They "have nukes" in the sense that they have performed nuclear tests that did result in a nuclear explosion, although opinions vary on whether they were actually successful in the sense of achieving their design yield. (I think the most quoted yield was something like 1.4 kiloton.)

Whether they have entered production and are miniaturized enough to be mounted onto missiles or aircraft... who knows? I'd bet on "probably not" but...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It's the beginning of military coup within NK. NK generals know they face annihilation in case of war. Better choice to lock King Kong II and his closest devotees inside bunkers and then surrender to UN forces after brief fighting.

Think this way. SK ship was torpedoed - who benefits? Yes, we are almost sure now that it was NK torpedo, but do we know if NK ship actually launched it?

So who benefits? This kind of attack quite reminds me of miniature submarines that were used by Japanese in WWII that were sneaking into harbours and waiting on the seabed for proper time to attack and retreat. Black operation of some sort organized by some top gov. agency, organization, corporation? So who benefits from this?

We all know NK is mass producing USD and their goal was to destabilize economies based on USD. China has its reserves in USD. China cooperates industrialy with NK, probably in exchange to control this practice. At the same point involving US into SK/NK disputes drain US resources even more (already involved into conflict with jihad). This puts "quiet" China within years even more ahead of US with its economy and military might.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

What you are talking about sounds like the 2006 test. The test last year has very varied judgements on it's yield, but it seems 4-8kt is a common conclusion.

Excerpt from the university of hamburg: http://www.webcitation.org/5ijYuBsOd

I don't think they got isotope readings and such since the test was underground, but it is a known fact that they did get access to nuclear "know-how" from Pakistan in exchange for missile technology wherefore it's not outside the realm of possibility that they could make a bomb.

Heck, sweden was close to making a bomb without outsiders giving help like that, but then we turned peacenik after the americans gave guarantees. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

BIN LADEN Torpedo!!!!

OK i'll be the first NUTCASE

US bases under threat in JAPAN!!!! especially Okinawa

Strong movement within Japan population to reduce the presence of US bases in Japan

Definitely NO Expansion of current bases etc.......

Japanese politicians are using this as a platform for re election

Now N Korea supposedly sunk South Korean warship.

Proof equals photos of a torpedo heavily damaged from obvious impact......hmmmmm???????

Suddenly politicians in Japan are turning around saying they need US to counter N Korean aggression.

Its not about S Korea its about Japan!!!!!!!

Scare the masses and you can do what you want!!!!

Just an alternative view in case the evidence of the N K torpedo is planted faked etc....

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

Nuclear warfare soon? Send me to front! BRING IT ON!

NK? F'em, don't need 'em, definitely don't need to feed 'em.

Everything in the world must change, finally, drastically - so we will FINALLY learn and raise new generations that will say NEVER AGAIN!

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

Its not about S Korea its about Japan!!!!!!!

What do you mean, man? It`s not like Japan has sunk the SK ship, it`s a conflict between SK and NK. As long as Japan stays neutral I don`t see why it should be involved. Besides NK might want to save its missiles and shells for SK and not provoking another country into war with itself, especially Japan ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything in the world must change, finally, drastically - so we will FINALLY learn and raise new generations that will say NEVER AGAIN!

Yeah, kids with 3 arms and 4 legs :D I like that :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Topol-m, by what I am seeing he is just suspecting black ops by US to undermine Japanese tries to get rid of US bases from Japanese soil.

The rule "who benefits" - applies. There is enough room for speculation. I do not believe sinking SK ship was a "random" event by a rogue NK vessel.

tail# 44 or 444