New countries [Need help]

Michelange

Hi all,

Some people of the moder communauty are working on integration of new countries.

I need help to complet Awards and Squadrons of the "Template Package" for the following countries :

SWEDEN, 18

HUNGARY, 19

CZECH, 20

AFGHANISTAN, 21

AUSTRALIA, 22

CHINA, 23

GREECE, 24

INDIA, 25

IRAN, 26

IRAQ, 27

ITALY, 28

PAKISTAN, 29

POLAND, 30

TAJIKISTAN, 31

TURKMENISTAN, 32

UZBEKISTAN, 33

JAPAN, 34

SERBIA, 35

CROATIA, 36 --- Done by Shark

LITHUANIA, 37

NEW_ZEALAND, 38

PORTUGAL, 39

ROMANIA, 40

ALBANIA, 41

AZERBAIDJAN, 42

BULGARIA, 43

ESTONIA, 44

FINLAND, 45

LATVIA, 46

SLOVAKIA, 47

SLOVENIA, 48

MACEDONIA, 49

ARMENIA, 50

AUSTRIA, 51

IRELAND, 52

KAZAKHSTAN, 53

KYRGYZSTAN, 54

SWITZERLAND, 55

attachment.php?attachmentid=39046&stc=1&d=1273856895

Most is done but i'm searching mainly Squadron badges and medals of those countries.

If you have pictures you can post it there.

The purpose of this is to have common Keys CLSID and also ID's for each countrie.

The choise was done with Pink_tigrou (for his Grippen Mod), Batou (for his afganistan terrain).

The new coutries are not in the standart ED's coalitions (this is my choise), you can choose it when you create a new mission, you can also change this by editing Default_coalitions.lua in \BlackShark\data\scripts.

WARNING :

- The Add a country.rar is not a MOD, don't install it, open and look inside it's the tempate for moder's.

Thanks

Edit 15/05/2010 :

- Correction of the ranks and limitation to 6 ranks due to ED's specs

- Working version NOT a modman Pack.

- No Awards and Squadrons.

- Assigned Gy's Valery's Japanees F-15 to Japan for test

- Add Serbia

- Add Croatia

- Add a template to complete the missing pictures for Squadrons and Awards

Edit 16/05/2010 :

- Little text correction orthography of Afghanistan was false

- The only difference between BS1.0.2 and FC1.2.1 now are the troops

Edit 17/05/2010 :

- Little update of : Add a Country - Template for BS or FC2.rar

- Update : Countries.rar : Now common with DCS BS1.0.2 the only difference is in the Squadon directories (for BS troops /bs folder, for FC2 /LOP folder)

- Next updates are only saqdron pictures and assignement in the above quoted folders.

Edit 30/05/2010 :

- Update : Countries.rar : add some countries, flags and stripes done

- Macedonian stripes are not the corect one's didn't find it at now.

Edit 06/06/2010 :

- Last Update of countries.

- Began to populate Awards and Squadrons

Edit 06/07/2010 :

- ground troops are done

- Added some medals and squadrons for the logbook.

Edit 27/11/2010 :

- Added Switzerland

You can also use this template to add your own countries but then give us an update.

Important :

- The last country Number is 55, if you create a new country you must increase this number, but befor this, verify in the forum that threre is no other addon with another number.

Very important :

- If you uninstall the mod. Befor doing this, go to the Logbook and choose a countrie from Ed's original list. The logbook informations are stored after each change and may cause errors if the stored data are not in accordance with the game's data after uninstallation.

- To make an addon for one country use the Add a Country - Template for BS or FC2.rar

- You can use this now to :

- Change the place of a plane like Valery's Gy's Japanees F-15.

- Add your own skins dont forget to declare it in the correct Plane.lua and Plane.skins files. You moders know how do.

- Define your countries units (mostly a copy/past of existing units from the original db_countries.lua)

Pays.jpg.399231416eda28ab4fd2c9cf994d6475.jpg

Add a Country - Template for BS or FC2.rar

Countries.zip

Edited by Michelange
  • Like 1

EVAC : French fighter school on LockOn: Flaming Cliffs

Moding tutorials at C6

Michelange. If I gave you a flag for New Zealand would you be able to add the ripple? or tell me what program you used to do it. What pixel size would you like for the flag, officer rank stripes (which are actually the same as the RAF), and medals?

Excellent project by the way. I was thinking the community should at least agree on country GUIDS for all countries. That way countries_db would be set an all mods would agree on them (no chance of a mod overwriting the values).

Lulac: perhaps you collect the same for Serbia, since there are so many Serbian guys flying - I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

Excellent project by the way. I was thinking the community should at least agree on country GUIDS for all countries. That way countries_db would be set an all mods would agree on them (no chance of a mod overwriting the values).

Lulac: perhaps you collect the same for Serbia, since there are so many Serbian guys flying - I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

That's the purpose :smilewink:

- Set the plane skin's in the right countries (for exemple Gys Japanees F-15)

- Avoid futur MOD overlapping.

- At now, i try to collect the missing Data's, Squadron's and Medals are missing and difficult to find.

- For flags and all the stuff : Look in the countries.zip, most of time i was simply changing the colors, overlaping some textures (basic stuff), the only thing to respect is the format.

- BUT DON'T USE THIS PACKAGE NOW : there are somme missing files, it's a moder pack to be completed.

Moding tutorials at C6

Sorry, but I think that I can't menage to do research for this issue because my holiday is in the end :cry:. I simply don't have time to collect all necessary things . . .

Maybe some fellow countryman can do this instead of me . . .

[sIGPIC]D:\avioni\razno\potpis 1 orao.jpg[/sIGPIC]

But New Zealand have no combat aircrafts and only C-130 from FC can be found in RNZAF

Up until the mid-1990s we did (which is the time period covered by LockOn). We even bought a bunch of F-16s cheap (originally destined for Pakistan but their nuclear test resulted in the sale being canceled by the US). A change of NZ government resulted in the ordering being cancelled before delivery so it is not too far fetched for NZ to have F-16s (plus, the A4-Ks we had were upgraded with F-16 electronics and weaponry, eg. Maverick and GBU).

Anyway, having identifiers for all nations is the goal - irrespective of their particular order-of-battle.

I saw this topic interesting, and as leader of Serbian squad I will provide any data you need for this great idea. So far I adjust flags, Stripes, and primary things I found in this attachment, I change it and upload changed back. If ED is willing to make it official, we in Serbian Eagles squadron have completely ready even full sounds ingame for "native betty" black shark, etc on Serbian. So it's all up to them. We will follow this topic in future, and any suggestion or help you need about this or translation on Serbian, be free to ask for. Its our contribution for LO and Serbian community S!

Edited by blackgruya

I've update the countries.zip.

I corrected the folowing issues :

- the ranks are limited to 6 and i can not use the countries names.

rank('Second lieutenant', _('Second lieutenant'), 0, {0, 0, 64, 32}),

rank('First lieutenant', _('First lieutenant'), 15, {0, 32, 64, 32}),

rank('Captain', _('Captain'), 30, {0, 64, 64, 32}),

rank('Major', _('Major'), 60, {0, 96, 64, 32}),

rank('Lieutenant colonel', _('Lieutenant colonel'), 120, {0, 128, 64, 32}),

rank('Colonel', _('Colonel'), 240, {0, 160, 64, 32}),

If I change this it will appears in the your own contrie names for all the countries

- I add Localizer.cfg, if this is not correct it will cause Sim crashes when you are flying.

It is now working correctly. There is a readme inside for testers.

Limitations : (in todays pack)

- No Awards

- No Squadrons

Edited by Michelange

Moding tutorials at C6

You want to say we are not able to add squads and awards? Am I right?

No, I don't have pics and data's to complet the package :cry: I need your help for this.

The Sim's limitations are :

- 6 Grades (ranks) - you must use LO names First lieutenant, Captain etc...

- the Callsigns : Uzi, Endfeild etc... I think it's connected to the cokpit speeking...

Serbia is in the Pack as #35.

++

Moding tutorials at C6

Ok it's working, now how to inport plane's and another stuff's?

You have several solutions for this and it depends on the moder.

By hand,

Look into my db_countries.lua under Japan I copy/pasted the Japanees skin of Gy's F-15

cnt_unit("{CD247E45-4702-4E3A-A659-4F5E0E645D2B}", "F-15C", {

color_scheme("{JASDF4fe-4c3a-4d79-b232-fd000ecJASDF}", _("JASDF F-15J 303SQ"), 9),

}),

- There are no limitations to add Skins, if the model is in LOM format.

- There are limitations of the number of skins for the old CMD models we need new 3D models like up coming Mig-29 or F-16.

To pack and add skins is another big work (I dont have time to translate my tutorials about this.)

You can find cosmonaut's tutorial in english here

One more point :

- I didn't Assign the new countries to a default coalition it can be done in \BlackShark\data\scripts\Default_coalitions.lua

- You must create à New mission to place the countries in a coalition.

- I saw that some grades in FC2.0 are not correctly assigned (Example France : 2nd Lieutnan, the seen stripe is not the correct one it's the Aspirant's one.) I won't correct this by editing the stripes (delete Aspirant).

The reason is that in DCS/BS its correct and it's only a problem of the coord's in db_countries.

And Last point : At the moment there is a litle difference between DCS/BS and FC2.0 concerning the troops, if the coming DCS patch corrects this issue, we can use the same Package . If not it will be different.

MA

Moding tutorials at C6

Hello,could you add Croatia :pilotfly:

CAF are using MiG21 in real life,but =CVFS= are flying on all jets in sim.

Thanks! :thumbup::pilotfly:

Below these images is adjusted Croatia file with stripes,medals and flags...

LO_113.jpg

LO_084.jpg

fotke_029.jpg

Croatia.rar

Edited by Shark

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am testing right now and it's working ok, but there is a bug. When you chose communication many and try to rearm or refuel you will get game crash. I try this with Serbia only. I will try with Japan just for testing.

Yes the crash happening in Japan F-15 also.

Edited by Presing
After testing result

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

I am testing right now and it's working ok, but there is a bug. When you chose communication many and try to rearm or refuel you will get game crash. I try this with Serbia only. I will try with Japan just for testing.

Yes the crash happening in Japan F-15 also.

I don't Have this problem. Do you have the last package with \Config\Localizer.cfg file in ? It's this file where the Problem is.

Added Croatia.

Moding tutorials at C6

Game crash when any speech sound have to be played. When comm. are quiet it's working but when AWACS call or tower call game crash, and now it's not for add Country's only it's for every country. I got that Localizer.cfg file.

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

I reinstalled mod completely and now it's working.

Be careful, it's NOT a MOD at now, it's a template for moders. To have a standart.

If you wish test it you have to modify db_countries.lua manualy. The other changes are writen in the Package's Readme.

It is very important to respect the structure of all the files. If there is one mistake, it can cause a crash.

@ MOA : I can add New Zealand but at the moment it's not my priority. I'd few free slots for other countries. What i prefer is a complete set (troops awards)

Edited by Michelange

Moding tutorials at C6