Blue afterburner texture FC2

RvEFuSiOn

Hi all recently I made a blue afterburner texture similar to the one I made in the previous FC version, this one is however for FC2. Screens are at the bottom and I have uploaded it to Lockonfiles.com pending approval. It is however on my ftp for whoever wants to download it. It is modman compatible.

screenshot003fi.jpg

screenshot002nqw.jpg

To download simply copy paste the following link in your browser:

data.reservoirselite.com/Fusion's Blue burner.rar

EDIT: Lockonfiles.com link added

http://lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=268&lid=1760&title=Blue%20Afterburner%20Mod#dldetails

Peace

Edited by =RvE=FuSiOn

Currently this mod works for both F-15 and Su27, However seeing that so many people want an orange and blue version also, I'll make one right away and upload it in a few minutes. Stay tuned for a link to it with screenshots.

Peace!

Rikus its the same afterburner texture for all planes... So it works even for Mig29 also.

Here is a version i just finished... Now i dont know if this is what you guys wanted... But this is Orange and Bluish. Here's the picture

screenshot004sb.jpg

Peace

This is the best I could come up with :noexpression: (I personally don't like it)

ab1w.jpg

ab2k.jpg

Btw, Sorry for "hi jacking" your thread fusion. I didn't want to make a new afterburner thread, when there is already 3.

[[ MSI 880GM-E43 , AMD Athlon II Quad Core 640 3 GHz , 4 GB RAM , NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB, Windows 7 Ultimate ]]

Now when you start talking like this - you need to remember the effects from an afterburner may be very different due to camera parameters. (I'm reffering to the bench-picture on top here). Pictures will lie in certain conditions. ;)

So my question would be - due to fuel type, and in a clear day, direct sunlight - would you ever see blueish afterburner effects?

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

For examples of lying pictures: pick up your cell phone, photograph your TrackIR unit while it's active, then view the photo. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

So my question would be - due to fuel type, and in a clear day, direct sunlight - would you ever see blueish afterburner effects?

Look at page 4:

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp121-c3.pdf

composition of JP-8, a common fuel used by the USAF for jets.

None of the given components would give a blue flame. Only if impurities are inside (like certain metal salts), but my guess is that they have their standards and like to keep it clean.

Nevertheless a blue color appears in flames when the components are all clean burned (mostly when a lot of oxygen is added to the mixture). The blue color would come from CH2 radicals.

So yes it could be blue if they pump enough oxygen in it.

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

This is the best I could come up with :noexpression: (I personally don't like it)

ab1w.jpg

ab2k.jpg

Btw, Sorry for "hi jacking" your thread fusion. I didn't want to make a new afterburner thread, when there is already 3.

could u share it with us, thanks

Just a guess, the blue should be in the center and it should gradually become more yellow the

more on the edge it is. (Hotter in the center). It seems to (looking only at the pictures) consist

of 2 cylinders and a couple of "rings". I'd make the outer cylinder and rings yellow and try the

inner cylinder blue.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Just a guess, the blue should be in the center and it should gradually become more yellow the

more on the edge it is. (Hotter in the center). It seems to (looking only at the pictures) consist

of 2 cylinders and a couple of "rings". I'd make the outer cylinder and rings yellow and try the

inner cylinder blue.

^^^ My thoughts materialized :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I can give it a try. Both of the screens I posted, as of the same afterburner texture. It seems, when there is different camera angles, the inner cone is blue, and then at some its yellow/orange.

It's a weird effect, I think it has to do with the afterburner texture, showing one side, so to make all the colors go around, you have to play with it a little.

[[ MSI 880GM-E43 , AMD Athlon II Quad Core 640 3 GHz , 4 GB RAM , NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB, Windows 7 Ultimate ]]

Meh..

ab3a.jpg

ab4v.jpg

To actually get a different inner flame color, I think a new model would need to be made.

I'm gonna use oxyd's mod, because I feel that is better :thumbup: