VAT "Berkuts" - VFAT 2009 Arrival

Frazer

The VAT "Berkuts" video of our arrival at VFAT 2009.

More info at www.berkuts.ru and www.virtual-airshows.com

> Download HD version here <

Creator: BR=55=Sevas

Video created in preperation of the VAT "Berkuts" - VFAT 2009, 7 ship demonstration video.

Double-click window to watch in HD on youtube.

• Like 1

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice ;)

Reminds me of, does there exist a similar team with the black shark?

In DCS:BS there is (as far as I know) still not really an aerobatic team up to airshow level. Like the difference between flying an airplane and a helicopter, rotary aircraft are harder to fly and so, also in formation.

In DCS:BS it is certainly possible to fly formation and to make an airshow similar to real helicopter aerobatic teams though, but I guess we have to wait for them to popup (for now, you only have some

:D).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great as always! Amazed by the ingenuity and showmanship.

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

How do those furthest out at 3 and 9 o'clock fly when you for instance does a roll?

They have to make a upwards move at the same time with a roll?

It's a well orchestrated symphony of control inputs in ALL axes!

Basically the longer your "arm" is from the Leader, the more pull (or float) you need, in addition to more rudder and greater power changes too. You bank angle is merely used to match the same angle as the Leader's while you FLY your plane around him in a larger circle (while in formation of course).

:thumbup: :pilotfly:

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Like Lawndart said, in simple words:

Roll - Keep the bank angle lined up with the leader

Pitch - Keep the altitude relative to the leader

Yaw - Keep the distance relative to the leader

Throttle - Keep the forward/backward position relative to the leader

Now this sounds easy, though I have rarely seen a pilot able to stay stable in second wing position with less than 2 years of intensive training. The barrel is one of the most difficult maneuvers, as you indeed need all axes at the same time with all axes effecting eachother and, a leader changing it's flight path in all directions aswell.

Edited by Frazer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice work, lets see more. Formation flying is one of the coolest things to do with Lockon.

What would be neat is if you could record a flight then replay the track and join the replay.

It's do-able but pointless because you won't have the leader's calls :)

In fact, this is all possible and what we use for long time already. It is called "Phantom Control" and yes, together with callouts.

Read more about this here.

Note: Phantom Control was developed for FC1.12 and is not working in FC2. We now have rewritten the program for FC2 and it is working, though still needs to go through some testing phases.

Once finished, we will post it on the forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In fact, this is all possible and what we use for long time already. It is called "Phantom Control" and yes, together with callouts.

Read more about this here.

Note: Phantom Control was developed for FC1.12 and is not working in FC2. We now have rewritten the program for FC2 and it is working, though still needs to go through some testing phases.

Once finished, we will post it on the forum.

Really! I would love to get my hands on that software. In fact, I will

donate some money for the programmers.

Burnerski

ranch.lazyo@gmail.com