A-10C Dual Trigger

It is my understanding that the trigger on the Warthog is dual stage. How will they implement that action if your trigger is not dual stage capable? My guess is the thumb button (missle luanch button for most people I'm guessing) will pull double duty. Pressed by itself it will do one thing (whatever that is I don't know much about A-10C at all) and with the trigger pressed it will do another. The trigger will act as a modifier. Why does the Warthog have a dual trigger anyway, whats its purpose, and why do they keep giving Will Ferrell work? His movies are............... just terrible (Bewitched worst movie ever, Anchor Man, Ricky Bobby).

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The first stage of the trigger enables the autopilot stability function (holds the aim point on the ground), second stage fires the gun. And with LGBs first stage fires the laser if you want to override the auto lase.

Most NATO (US & UK at least) have two stage trigger with similar functionality.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Good thing I got an X52

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Heyyy, finally a use for the dual trigger on the G940. I'd been wondering why the heck it had one. Eddie, thanks for the info!

I've had the g940 for over a month now, and I never knew it had a dual trigger :doh:

Thank you too for the info :D

I've got 99 problems but my Ekran ain't one

the A10 has an SAS with PAC1 and PAC2 which will be indicated on the HUD once active. PAC1 stiffens up the stick allowing for more precise aiming, PAC2 "locks the plane into position" and the gun fires. No steering is available during PAC2. You need to release it again in order to pull up, turn, etc.

Cheers

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

CE Mikemonster I have to say I didnt notice your avatar at first. But then I looked really close. "All your base are belong to us" LOL. Pretty funny stuff.

Here is the origional photo, I think. (not 100% sure)

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/f/fa/Einsteinayb.jpg

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]