Jump to content

Wish List


Recommended Posts

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread specifically for absorbing wishes as opposed to a new thread requesting a new feature three times a day. Those tend to clutter up the forum and bump down informative posts. These wishes are not necessarily specific to Lock On and could be for Future ED projects and even other games.

 

A few wishes I would like to start the thread with that I have seen around on varius forums and have cought my eye are:

 

More complex condensation effects on the wings and LERX's.

 

GCI and AWAC vectoring and controll including Lazur GCI system for Mig-29A.

 

First person ejections.

 

A personal all time wish for any highly detailed sim is a Flyable Mig-31B in the ED sims it would make the "modern" Russian interceptor list complete I feel and it would be unique and complex enough to keep people interested for a long time(myself anyway).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All i want is carrier ops for nato (f-18 super hornet) and an excellent dynamic campaign as my primary Wish.

Then the AFM to be on all aircraft. Im sure we will see all these and more in the next few years. Im excited! (those from aussie land would know of Big Kev!)

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Said it before - Changing loadouts during a mission (Surely more no more "arcadish" than getting a whole new plane). Then you could do a SEAD run with a dedicated load, take out the SAMs & instead of landing & hitting Alt W & replenishing the anti-radar weapons that you don't need anymore, Land, taxi to a parking area, shut down the engines, open the canopy & call a drop down - like the menu for talking to wingmen - with the available loadouts for that plane, head off and take out some armour. As long as it's not something you can do rolling down the runway it must add to both the playability and the realism of the sim. Can't imagine it being a very difficult thing to set up either.

Cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

-automated and scriptable dedicated server

-trigger system in mission editor

-head pushback on take offs

-precise spawn places on carriers & collision detection

-unlimited skins

-automatic skin downloader --> you define a downloadlink in your mission with a tag, after switching the default OFF to ON, every skin will be downloaded. A button/menu could also be created but this involves GUI adjustments.

-barrel view of flak guns

migtoon0xo.gif
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simplish stuff:

Smoke trails on some a/c F-4, B-52, Mig-29 ...

Ability to missile-to-target a/c view ...

Aim-120s that work ... please!

Additional radar modes for F-15 ...

AFM on all a/c ...

Random events in missions 20% chance of turning left, 80% right ...

More AAA ... 2 x 23mm/57mm etc.

 

Heavy stuff:

F-18 with AFM and carrier ops

Naval ops ...

New theatre of ops ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Things that will not happen in LOMAC:

AFM on all AC

Additional flyables beyond the ones planned

New Theater

Unlimited skins

downloadable skins (are you NUTS? theyr'e 12mb a piece!)

Dynamic Campaign

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any chance of a stop watch? Or being able to set/reset the clocks displayed in the cockpits? In 1.02, if a 27/33/29 fired at max range I reckoned youhad 45 secs to fire then turn and run and still get away ... I though this maybe what "reset flight clock" command was in the new keyboard commands, but I can't get it to work .... not sur

e what it does!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In game voice communication, not everyone bothers to connect to differnet Teamspeak servers.

When you join a team , you will also join that teams communcation channel.

 

Maybe also some radio noice when you start/stop talking.. so that it sounds like your talking over the radio. That would be cool

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toe brake functionality with differential braking.

Lua export for radar on AND radar off separately.

Lua export for laser on AND laser off separately, including laser override function.

Lua export of different light indicators (gear, laser etc.)

Lots of other neat stuff.

 

Lock on must have toe brake functionality with differential Braking!

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any chance of a stop watch? Or being able to set/reset the clocks displayed in the cockpits? In 1.02, if a 27/33/29 fired at max range I reckoned youhad 45 secs to fire then turn and run and still get away ... I though this maybe what "reset flight clock" command was in the new keyboard commands, but I can't get it to work .... not sur

e what it does!

 

There is a "stopwatch" in the cockpits

 

Haven't tried it in 1.1 but it used to work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a "stopwatch" in the cockpits

 

Haven't tried it in 1.1 but it used to work.

 

ALT+C stops/resets cockpit clocks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

 

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Things that will not happen in LOMAC:

AFM on all AC

Additional flyables beyond the ones planned

New Theater

Unlimited skins

downloadable skins (are you NUTS? theyr'e 12mb a piece!)

Dynamic Campaign

 

I dont see any problems with the skin issue. Especially when lomac's successor wil be released, in terms of bandwith.

 

I know the structure of the game lacks unlimited use of skins, but I am confident that code wise this can be solved.

 

Maybe even a decal on the wing or tail, can give every player's plane his/her unique touch. Then, we would be talking about a technically more conceivable method.

 

It's quite easy to just dismiss wishes away, and calling me a nut, imho.

migtoon0xo.gif
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I know the structure of the game lacks unlimited use of skins, but I am confident that code wise this can be solved.

 

This is not a question game structure, but the nature of 3D models. For some models the ability to expand on the number of skins(virtually unlimited) is already there. Once the model supports the extra skins, it is a fairly simple matter to add them to the list of available ones via the MEinit.

 

- JJ.

JJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont see any problems with the skin issue. Especially when lomac's successor wil be released, in terms of bandwith.

 

I know the structure of the game lacks unlimited use of skins, but I am confident that code wise this can be solved.

 

Maybe even a decal on the wing or tail, can give every player's plane his/her unique touch. Then, we would be talking about a technically more conceivable method.

 

It's quite easy to just dismiss wishes away, and calling me a nut, imho.

 

So you think that pushing 120mb of skins when players join is reasonable? Because if you get 10 players, that's how much you're going to push.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not in the F15.

 

Thanks. It is the bug. :icon_redf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

 

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you think that pushing 120mb of skins when players join is reasonable? Because if you get 10 players, that's how much you're going to push.

 

No, i think that a scripted-in link in the mission file pointing to a dedicated skin server, overcomes this problem. With a queue system ofcourse. However, if you want to portray every wish in an extreme way, every wish can seem foolish to you.

 

Besides, most players who fly online already have quite decent connections. If not today, in the future they will.

migtoon0xo.gif
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...