FC2 controller probs in "some" missions, bug?

Adder667th

Im having a controller issue in some of the prebuilt missions. So far i have only tried the MIG-29 and SU-25 Missions.

Im using Saitek X45 and have made 2 profiles with the SST software instead of using the in game setup because i had issues with mode switch.

When i make a basic mission in the editor, the controller works fine (throttle, stick and all inputs), however if i load up an existing "ED" mission from the mission folder my throttle and rotaries will not work, throttle hat switch "D" button and mini mouse are all ok. If i load up the ramp start and nav missions for the MIG-29 or SU-25 tho, they work fine, ive re-checked my controller in the option menu and the throttle etc is being detected there ok.

Any ideas?

would appreciate any help here

Cheers

Adder.

Edited by Adder667th

Intel core2 E6600 2.6Ghz, 2Gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce 8800gts 500mb. Saitek X45.

Why would this be?

Ok, I did some more testing. I find that the throttle and rotaries on my x45 ONLY work in missions that i build or ramp start missions that ED made from the mission menu. Anything else, even MP missions where i join a server, the throttle and rotaries do not work (the rudder control is working). Why would rudder work but not throttle or rotaries?

As mentioned above i use an SST profile but all axis commands are set in the controller GUI, see pic below.

ED testers can you please give me a clue where to begin here, I want to get into this sim but this crap is holding back a beautiful career.

Cheers

Scr_10-04-06_19-26-21.thumb.png.dd0b046170f4388860ec8dfefeb8fb46.png

Edited by Adder667th

After some more testing i think its a mission specific config problem, prehaps in the config/input parser folder?

With my MIG-29 profile active I went through all the training missions for MIG-29 and found that the throttle and rotaries only worked in 2 out of the 6 missions.

Ground controlled intercept.miz =ok

Ramp start and NAV.miz =ok

A/A Weapons training.miz =no go

A/G Weapons training.miz =no go

Sensor practice.miz =no go

UAV Intercept.miz =no go

Also of the two online MP servers i joined, both were no go for throttle and rotaries. I can live with out the training missions, but not MP.

Hope this helps to narrow down the BUG.

cheers.

• ED Team

Do you know that in FC2 all control devices must be set separately for each aircraft?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

I don't have any problem with those mission. All my joy inputs are working well.

If you're using Saitek profiles, verify you don't have duplicated actions mapped in both in-game control setup and saitek profiler.

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Rik, yes i know i need a different profile for each A/C.

Distiler, i have no axis comands mapped in the Saitek SST software profile, all axis commands are mapped in the game controller GUI and saved in my MIG-29 profile.

What stick are you using? if its X45 and the above missions are working for you, then i can discount a mission config/input error.

If the throttle didnt work at all in any mission i could see the problem being a software conflict, but it works fine in some. Very strange, its like certain missions are missing instructions for the X45.

If you look in

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Config\Input\Aircrafts\mig-29\joystick

and

/lockonflamingcliffs2\config\input\input parser

you will see what i mean.

You just setup axis for mig-29a, but there are mig-29s and mig-29g. I bet this is the problem you're having.

Distiler, you are dead right mate. Problem solved! Thanks very much for your help, i can sleep at night now :D

I was confused in the training missions menu because the mssion title just said "MIG-29". The variants are not stated.

Edited by Adder667th