SimMod A-10 for FC2 ModMan pack released

Skypat

Hello

SimMod A-10 for FC2 ModMan pack v1.1 released

Description:

Packed by Skypat for FC2 compatibility, tested by Phoenix (aka Habu)

- Thx to TomWeiss for tweaks

- Thx to UWBurRn for tweaks

thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=51564

v1.1

- AIM-9M rotated/twisted

- AIM-9P fixed

- 6DOF implemented (work for all planes)

V1.0

- cockpit alignment fixed

- Pylons fixed (including AIM-9M)

all credit to simmoders

This pack is based on A-10 for DCS mod original pack

Made by

Deadman - Consultant, Researcher, Template

Highwayman-Ed - Scripting, Documentation, Missions

Mustang - Beta Tester

Rockwelder - Texture Artist, Web Support

Ruggbutt - Texture Artist

SuperKungFu - Beta Tester, Researcher, Video artist

Warthogmadman987 - Beta Tester

Yeniceri - 3d Artist

Download here

Edited by Skypat
  • Like 2

Thanks!

Does it work with DCS:Ka-50? or should we use the already existing specific version for DCS?

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Why does it change server.lua?

PD: nevermind, found it. But servers can override server.lua (I think)

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Il me semble que les aim-9 ne sont pas exactement alignés. Les aim-9p quand à eux flottent carrément à côté.. je sais pas si c'est moi ?

sinon les obus ne partent pas du barrel à 9heure, mais quelque part au dessus de celui du haut et l'exhaust n'est pas aligné avec les moteurs nonplus.

aim-9p not aligned and aim-9 not really perfect, exhausts are not centered with engines, tracers start from over the top of the barrel but they should come out of the 9 o'clock barrel, same problem anyone ?

(c'est expéditif, désolé j'ai peu de temps là :))

Il me semble que les aim-9 ne sont pas exactement alignés. Les aim-9p quand à eux flottent carrément à côté.. je sais pas si c'est moi ?

sinon les obus ne partent pas du barrel à 9heure, mais quelque part au dessus de celui du haut et l'exhaust n'est pas aligné avec les moteurs nonplus.

aim-9p not aligned and aim-9 not really perfect, exhausts are not centered with engines, tracers start from over the top of the barrel but they should come out of the 9 o'clock barrel, same problem anyone ?

(c'est expéditif, désolé j'ai peu de temps là :))

Check this thread for the AIM-9 fix http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=867172&postcount=27

Skypat, i'd advise that you check that thread too and make the adjustments to those missiles :)

That change was introduce to avoid problem with several addons which will erase, the graphic.cfg needed.

For exemple, if i have 2 mods to install which have their own graphic.cfg file

1- Install MOD 1

2- MOD 1 works fine.

3- Install MOD 2

4- MOD 2 works fine, but MOD 1 will not, its graphic.cfg has been removed by MOD 2

The graphic.cfg from the MOD 2 erased entries needed by the MOD1. That's why you must let Modman manage the graphic.cfg, and you had a message box on the graphic.cfg file when you install it.

I get the mod to work in external view, homever I get this anomalous inside the pit. See attached image. I thought first this was due to the 6DOF tweak, but I tried with old files and still no joy. Any fix to this? Do others get the mod to work with the 6 DOF?

Try this.....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=51673&page=2

this setting is a little high, but it works for me with 6DOF.

CockpitLocalPoint[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {4.095, 1.67, 0.0}

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

I get the mod to work in external view, homever I get this anomalous inside the pit. See attached image. I thought first this was due to the 6DOF tweak, but I tried with old files and still no joy. Any fix to this? Do others get the mod to work with the 6 DOF?

In \Config\View\Server.lua (open file with Notepad ++)

CockpitLocalPoint[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {3.991, 1.507, 0.0}

change to:

CockpitLocalPoint[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {4.201, 1.55, 0.0}

If you install the complete package with ModMan everything works as it should. You then need to make manually the changes to graphics.cfg again. A copy of the files and "ExamDiff Pro" solves everything quickly :D There also are a thread about adjusting AIM-9 on pylons, they don't fit by default ;)

®

In \Config\View\Server.lua (open file with Notepad ++)

CockpitLocalPoint[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {3.991, 1.507, 0.0}

change to:

CockpitLocalPoint[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {4.201, 1.55, 0.0}

Thanx Mustang. I will try that when I am back home. BTW: Your avatar almost freaked me out! Lol!

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

Thanks!

I guess what's gonna happen when DCS:Ka-50 players with their Simmod A-10 mod join a server with LOFC2 players with this mod. I suppose there are minor differences between them. Would be nice to make a mod compatible for both games (perhaps the 6DoF mod should stay off it then).