Newb Requirements to fly online....?

Never flown on line before - so whats the requirements.... you have to be ace pilot ? Fish food :) ? or what ?

Any help appreciated - then I can practice before going online and getting shot down straight after take off lol ;)

Try to ID friend from foe before you attack - this can be very difficult in close engagements ...

Try to stick in a group with your own side.

Don't lock onto friendlies, unless you really must. 'I wanted your speed and altitude' is a very bad reason (ask instead) ... id'ing a specific friendly though is rea=sonbale (lock onto someone and call raygun, the locked guy should call buddy spike) ... but not everyone knows nor likes this so ... use sparingly.

Always back up your buddies - they're not -your- kills, they're -team- kills.

I realise that people are proud of their individual scores, but that's not what it's all about.

Oh yeah ... make sure you know how to turn on your engines ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Try to ID friend from foe before you attack - this can be very difficult in close engagements ...
Don't try, do it. If you repeatedly make teamkills on our server, you will get banned. With the ARH missles acting the way they are now, we will likely be lenient with 120 and 77 kills, but you HAVE to IFF before launching a missle.

Try to stick in a group with your own side.

Or at least know where your teammates are if you have to run for help.

Don't lock onto friendlies, unless you really must. 'I wanted your speed and altitude' is a very bad reason (ask instead) ... id'ing a specific friendly though is rea=sonbale (lock onto someone and call raygun, the locked guy should call buddy spike) ... but not everyone knows nor likes this so ... use sparingly.

very sparingly

Always back up your buddies - they're not -your- kills, they're -team- kills.

I realise that people are proud of their individual scores, but that's not what it's all about.

If you're in a 15 or 29, be very careful about this. If a teammate is running with someone on their 6, you can have a hard lock on the bandit and still end up with a teamkill. I'm carrying Sparrows for this situation.

Oh yeah ... make sure you know how to turn on your engines ;)

;)

Always read the brief before the mission and familiarize yourself with the map.

Connect at the requested speed.

Do not load non-default missles on your plane.

When in doubt, use chat and ask.

you frighten the hell outta me !

Im off to hook up with some old people in a cesna in flight sim ;)

Give it a go.. trust me its not that different from any other game you’ve probably played online, except you’ll most likely find that players on HL are “nicer” and more polite than your average First person shooter crowed. Also don’t build it up in your mind as some kind of breeding ground where only Aces are allowed to take mount .. ;) Last time I flew online I was trying to explain to a guy how to start up his engines lol This is really what you want to avoid .. its like jumping into an FPS and saying “what button fires my weapon”…hehe .. Just make sure you can start up, shut down, fire your weapons and you can tell the difference between a team mate and an enemy aircraft… that’s it .. And don’t be paranoid about locking up friendlies in CAC situation, its better to do that for IFF purposes than take a guess and shoot down a team mate… but hey if you do down a friendly just apologise and move on.

Now for the most important tip .. Have Fun!!

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

If you have flown single player on ace settings then you should have a basic idea of how it works. Most of the squadrons are willing to help out a newbie to a point. We do ask that you know how to use your radar correctly and know how to fly your plane.

If you haven't read the manual, do so. Print off your Key commands because there are many of them to remember.

Use your Comms to help you Identify your friendlies, so you don't shoot them down. The best way to do comms is with Teamspeak.

Believe or not the online games are LOADED with newbs, I flown today at JaboG32 server and got 13 victories (to nil) and everybody shot at me, even friendlies.coolcigar.gif

Gotta love how those guys fly into my missile and take them in the face...I wish the experienced pilots kept playing the game. Many of the people I met in the first months after the game came, are nowhere to be seen.

I remenber Newyork flyer and hartman for example.

currently the only ones who know their stuff are from the well known squads, 70% of all other are cannon fodder.owned.gif

So Conuk, just learn who to shoot and I garauntee if you have any hang of it you will get SCORES of kills. oh and get a squad if you want to learn and be backed up.

I dont need that, I rate an entire squadron biggrin.gif

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

That's very arrogant considering the company you're in :D

Well...YES sir!

My PC specs below:

Some of the best online pilots are humble. The loud ones are posers.

LOL you should have learned by now that Fighter pilots are always arrogant. Try to get into the spirit of things....

There is no such thing as humble pilots. Some are quieter than others but depp down they are thinking they want to show whos the best. :)

Oh and the plack for the ultimates is in the ladies room!icon6.gif

My PC specs below:

I like that in a pilot :D

In case some of you are wondering, the name of the best pilot and his RIO for each compatition are on teh plaque on the back wall ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Cheers guys - jus ordered TrackirPro + vector expansion... and still waiting for my CH throttle... so I will continue to practice (and re-read manual :) ) until they arrive.

Hoping (not) to be CONnon fodder soon ;)

By which time you lot will have killed each other and have own personal wars and I`ll be left alone hehe

• Like 1

Cheers guys - jus ordered TrackirPro + vector expansion... and still waiting for my CH throttle... so I will continue to practice (and re-read manual :) ) until they arrive.

Hoping (not) to be CONnon fodder soon ;)

By which time you lot will have killed each other and have own personal wars and I`ll be left alone hehe

Very few people just get to jump i nand not be cannon fodder, but maybe you'll do well ... ;)

Of course, there's the matter of being missile fodder ... not pretty. Not pretty at all! (Except for the guy who's watching his missile disintegrate your plane)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seriously, Pilotasso wasn't that good when ive seen him flying. He could barely keep his plane in the air.

Let alone make it turn.

LOL! You must mistaking me for someone else! :p

Pilotasso walks like he flies. With his flaps down! ;)

:icon_twis :icon_twis :icon_twis

LOL that is true (the flaps), I always leave flaps on, because I realized they are automaticaly adjustable with speed, now, I dont know if its still in 1.1, and a lot of people say it should be entirely manual, but by studying the F-15 book I have, it does state that the F-15's flight augmentation adjusts ALL control surfaces automaticaly.

All othe pilots I see online, simply lift flaps after take off and they actualy bleed of speed instead of keeping it. This is specialy critical at high altitudes were they find that AOA increases and speed drops (mach number) as a consequence.

Some say its impossible to reach mach 2 at high altitude because they are so badly sunk in AOA in thin air that they cannot accelerate.

This is also true in sharp manuevering.

My PC specs below:

That is misleading because you simply ignore the whole AOA in the equation.

If you swich off flaps where do you think your plane will get the lost lift?

It will ncrease AOA. Try it, put flaps up and watch your nose go up and speed go down.

Then your AOA will make the whole of the wings act as a big flap, and thus create more drag. Believe me I have tried, below 400 knots your wasting speed and fuel.

At that speed the flaps are adjusted almost up anyway so if you swich off flaps youll never be able to lower them again untill landing.

If your forced to turn hard before youll stall faster.

I begin to suspect that you guys spend too much time in IL2 and PF and think flaps work the same here...not quite.

My PC specs below: